St. Thomas excursions

catrip1024

I'm doing an eastern Caribbean cruise on the Oasis on June 10, 2018. I'm looking for recommendations for excursions. I'm open to just about anything. I'm doing Atlantis in the Bahamas and four wheeling in St. Maartain. Help!

I'm doing an eastern Caribbean cruise on the Oasis on June 10, 2018. I'm looking for recommendations for excursions. I'm open to just about anything. I'm doing Atlantis in the Bahamas and four wheeling in St. Maartain. Help!

You may also want to check the port of call forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

We really enjoyed the boss underwater scooters when we went.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Secret Sands Beach Exclusive and Skyline Drive

Basically a private beach day. Includes a lounger and beverages (rum punch, beer, soda, water). Capacity controlled so it does not get crowded like Megan’s Bay.

5140ad9bc9418dfa48bfccc3ce7fd373.jpg

6579b87e2854340dc9c8cf277155e677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Did you do this through the cruise line? We are looking at the same excursion, however just trying to see if there is a better deal elsewhere.

We did go through RCI. It was our first cruise, and were not comfortable booking our own yet.

We've been cruising for a VERY long time and still often book with the cruise line! :D

I will say that after doing some on my own last time, the ones through the cruise line are way less stressful. There are some I will do on my own, but may also continue to book some through the cruise line in the future. When they have sales, it brings the costs close to or the same as most of the reputable third party for the ones I have seen.

When I'd go to St. Thomas I'd just take the tram within walking distance of the cruise terminal. Not sure if it's up and running yet after the hurricane damage though.

[YOUTUBE]224qNgvBBZY[/YOUTUBE]

Do you know which beach that is that is pictured above for the "Secret Sands Beach excursion?" It looks like it could be Lindquist Beach, which you can take a taxi to, but maybe it's not. Either way, Coki Point or Lindquist are nice beaches to try. My favorite thing to do when on St. Thomas for just a day when cruising is to do a private day charter and see some really beautiful spots around both St. Thomas and St. John from the water while enjoying some great snorkeling spots, beach bars and island hopping. There are many charter businesses that are not quite back up and running there yet, but Privateer Charters is and will show you a good day. The Captains down there are very used to working with cruise shippers and know how much time to allow at different spots to get you back to the dock in time so that you have plenty of time to get back to your ship. I would definitely recommend looking into doing one of Captain Patrick's day trips.

I will say that after doing some on my own last time, the ones through the cruise line are way less stressful. There are some I will do on my own, but may also continue to book some through the cruise line in the future. When they have sales, it brings the costs close to or the same as most of the reputable third party for the ones I have seen.

The cost is not the major problem with ship tours. They herd everyone around in large groups and too much time is wasted waiting. Check out the long lines on the dock of people waiting to start their tour, and it doesn’t get better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cost is not the major problem with ship tours. They herd everyone around in large groups and too much time is wasted waiting. Check out the long lines on the dock of people waiting to start their tour, and it doesn’t get better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We didn't find that at all, but maybe we we're lucky.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app