My View: The Epic Beauty/Beast

APDMOM

Thank you once again for your review, and I particularly liked the comparisons between NCL and RCI!

I don't suppose you would be able to comment on the Splash Academy kids program in any capacity? The facilities, activities, the staff, etc.?

Fitness Center continued:

8a52cdeb0ef19d8b9f3b793a866eccc1.jpg

70ba6b9742382a54ab54adeb420f1b8d.jpg

It is too bad they only open at 6. If they had opened at 5, I would have been there, Nike’s and all… maybe!

5092b26a67f42f71bddd4907c9cf52c9.jpg

31875bfe8ba3fc08238d08e92a9df5c6.jpg

Did you know the colorful room used to be a squash court? Don't know why but they quickly changed it to a polyvalent fitness room short after the Epic launch. Too bad, I would have loved a game of squash :(

Not sure if it's the same for the Med Cruise, but what do you suggest we wear for evening in general? Some nights we will eat in the free restaurants, some in the specialty. Do my DH and 20 year old DS need to wear slacks (non jeans), or are "nice" shorts or jeans ok? Also, should they wear polos or button down shirts? And, for me and my 16 year old DD, are pants and shorts ok, or should we plan on dresses, skirts? TIA!

Hi. Since the OP mentioned not dining in the specialty venues I thought I would reply. We have previously sailed on the Epic and will again on 8/19. If you want to eat in the Manhattan Room, Cagneys or LeBistro no shorts are permitted for anyone 12 or over. Jeans are actually permitted as long as not torn or hanging off. Polos are fine as well. I just shared all of this info with my group too. You will see people in jeans, slacks, suits, and even a tux or two. My DH and the boys usually wear khakis and a polo. Go with what works best for you. Hope that helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the time and effort you put into this report

Thank you again for your review! Really enjoyed reading along and can't wait to be onboard myself in May 2019 :)

You are welcome! Thank you for following along to the very end! :)

I love reading cruise reviews; especially ones that are fun filled and have pictures. I read them and think this is the best review ever and what kind of review can top this; and then you come along and beat my expectations. After reading your review with all the pictures I now want to cruise on Epic and I hadn't planned on doing another NCL trip. Thanks for boosting my confidence with NCL and Happy Easter

Thank you once again for your review, and I particularly liked the comparisons between NCL and RCI!

I don't suppose you would be able to comment on the Splash Academy kids program in any capacity? The facilities, activities, the staff, etc.?

Unfortunately, we have never participated in those on NCL. The children’s groups were much less visible than on RCL. We only ran into them one time in O’Sheehan’s in a port day. They seemed to be having fun, and were well behaved under the supervision of the youth workers.

Did you know the colorful room used to be a squash court? Don't know why but they quickly changed it to a polyvalent fitness room short after the Epic launch. Too bad, I would have loved a game of squash :(

That is very interesting! I would have enjoyed that too!

Not sure if it's the same for the Med Cruise, but what do you suggest we wear for evening in general? Some nights we will eat in the free restaurants, some in the specialty. Do my DH and 20 year old DS need to wear slacks (non jeans), or are "nice" shorts or jeans ok? Also, should they wear polos or button down shirts? And, for me and my 16 year old DD, are pants and shorts ok, or should we plan on dresses, skirts? TIA!

Hi. Since the OP mentioned not dining in the specialty venues I thought I would reply. We have previously sailed on the Epic and will again on 8/19. If you want to eat in the Manhattan Room, Cagneys or LeBistro no shorts are permitted for anyone 12 or over. Jeans are actually permitted as long as not torn or hanging off. Polos are fine as well. I just shared all of this info with my group too. You will see people in jeans, slacks, suits, and even a tux or two. My DH and the boys usually wear khakis and a polo. Go with what works best for you. Hope that helped.

Thanks bambilin for posting!

I agree... DH and DS wore khaki shorts and tropical or polo shirts to dinner in Taste. It is not an issue there at all. It is within the dress code description.

This is what NCL is known for, and part of what makes it “freestyle”. That is why their “formal” night used to be called “Dress up or not night”. I did not pay close attention to the dailies to see if that is still the case, as we knew we would not be doing any formal night this cruise. We hardly saw anyone really dressed up. I wore summer dresses or jeans to dinner. Enjoy your trip!

I love reading cruise reviews; especially ones that are fun filled and have pictures. I read them and think this is the best review ever and what kind of review can top this; and then you come along and beat my expectations. After reading your review with all the pictures I now want to cruise on Epic and I hadn't planned on doing another NCL trip. Thanks for boosting my confidence with NCL and Happy Easter

Thank you for your kind words! Happy Easter to you too. :)

Thanks!! Very helpful!:D

Thanks bambilin for posting!

I agree... DH and DS wore khaki shorts and tropical or polo shirts to dinner in Taste. It is not an issue there at all. It is within the dress code description.

This is what NCL is known for, and part of what makes it “freestyle”. That is why their “formal” night used to be called “Dress up or not night”. I did not pay close attention to the dailies to see if that is still the case, as we knew we would not be doing any formal night this cruise. We hardly saw anyone really dressed up. I wore summer dresses or jeans to dinner. Enjoy your trip!

Thank you! Also, I very much enjoyed your review! It was the best one I read so far. Great job!

Great review! Thank you so much for sharing. I really like some of the itineraries on the Epic, but never thought the ship would be a good match for us... but now I think I'd book it if the price was right.

One of the best and helpful reviews I have read yet. Going on the Bliss in June this year.

You really did a good job!!!

Thank you! Hope to cruise Bliss sometime too. :)

Thank you! Also, I very much enjoyed your review! It was the best one I read so far. Great job!

Glad you enjoyed it. I love sharing our cruise experiences, ans wish I could take all my extended family someday.

Great review! Thank you so much for sharing. I really like some of the itineraries on the Epic, but never thought the ship would be a good match for us... but now I think I'd book it if the price was right.

I agree. I am very tempted by some of those Southern Caribbean itineraries. If they had fit my work schedule, I probably would have booked one already!

As I was finishing up organizing and storing my photo’s on the computer, I realized that I never posted the room service menu. We did not use room service, but if you are interested in a relaxing, convenient meal, and are willing to pay the service fee of $7.95, here are the options:

6cc26defd3245e28d227341ff53482e6.jpeg

3a530ed65048c77303574a9fa01c18ff.jpeg

439dbfb0dafe7dc5eeb40623e454b061.jpeg

f903d32b720598e633a3a4654fa2de23.jpeg

Thanks APDMOM!

We have always loved the Epic and everything it has to offer.

You very eloquently stated how wonderful a cruise on the Epic can be; thank you!

Your review was very fun to read; GREAT pictures!

Best of cruising to you....:cool:

Truly, an epic review befitting an epic cruise vacation with epicurean feasts on board the Epic ship. [emoji6][emoji4]

I’ll see myself out before the Pun Police come get me...

Thanks for a great review. We are doing our first "big ship" on the Epic next month and then the Breakaway a week later. I was a little apprehensive about them but your report made me feel so much better. As I mentioned in a post much earlier in your review, I too am doing the M&G's on both my cruises. We have about 50 signed up for the Epic and about 40 signed up for the Breakaway. I forgot to ask for cabin #'s to give out invitations but after reading your report, I made a door sign with the M&G info and posted it on the roll call. I'm hoping at least half the people show up.