Viet Nam Visa

trbarton

If you are US Passport holder and not planning to do a overnight off the ship. The easy way is just let the ship handle the visa. But if you do a overnight land tour, or before after in the country you need a regular visa. Visa can be done on line if needed.

We got ours on the ship and they just charged our onboard account. That was for doing shore excursions during the cruise, not land vacations before or after. We hold Canadian passports - not sure if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got ours on the ship and they just charged our onboard account. That was for doing shore excursions during the cruise, not land vacations before or after. We hold Canadian passports - not sure if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are US passport holders and it worked exactly the same - we had a Princess excursion, Princess charged our on board account and gave us the paperwork on the ship.

A recent poster/cruiser stated they were charged on their OBC $30 +3, we were charged $55 +1 , in June 2017 when traveling on Majestic,we did an excursion but during our cruise everyone was charged. I do know some on our cruise got them b4 and saved a few dollars.....I believe getting any visa to early can wastes time and treasure, if one cancels.... so if the ship does it, take advantage.

We did a B2B on the Majestic in the past month. For the first stop in Vietnam we were charged $30. + $3. on our onboard account. For the second stop we were charged $55. + $3. I asked at the front desk why the increase and received no logical answer. However, a few days later when we checked our account the $55. mysteriously changed to $30. We took no shore excursions there, just the free shuttle to the outskirts of Vung Tau. So it looks like you will be charged whatever they feel like charging at the time.