Delux Drink Package..Is it worth it?!

Hi all,

My family and I will be sailing on Adventure of the Seas July 13th of this year and there has been a lot of discussion regarding the drink package. We are a big group(19 people) so I’m trying to get information for everyone. My boyfriend and I(sharing a room) are pretty set on it, but I wanted to get some information from others who have used it that might help everyone else in our party make a decision. We get the basics of it but had a few questions/concerns regarding the package and how it works.

- My only concern is if frozen margaritas are covered. I know drinks up to $12 are covered and we can pay the difference but please correct me if I’m wrong.

-How does it actually work when you get a drink? Do you use your sea pass card and they make you sign a blank receipt?

-If I wanted to buy a round of drinks would they just take mine off and charge me for the rest?

-From what I have gathered it would take probably 6-7 drinks a day(between bottled water, specialty coffees and alcohol) to make it worth it, is that correct?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Frozen margaritas are covered in the package.

They swipe your SeaPass card and sometimes give you a receipt to sign.

If you wanted to buy a round of drinks, they would charge you for everyone's drinks except your own.

Hi all,

My family and I will be sailing on Adventure of the Seas July 13th of this year and there has been a lot of discussion regarding the drink package. We are a big group(19 people) so I’m trying to get information for everyone. My boyfriend and I(sharing a room) are pretty set on it, but I wanted to get some information from others who have used it that might help everyone else in our party make a decision. We get the basics of it but had a few questions/concerns regarding the package and how it works.

- My only concern is if frozen margaritas are covered. I know drinks up to $12 are covered and we can pay the difference but please correct me if I’m wrong.

-How does it actually work when you get a drink? Do you use your sea pass card and they make you sign a blank receipt?

-If I wanted to buy a round of drinks would they just take mine off and charge me for the rest?

-From what I have gathered it would take probably 6-7 drinks a day(between bottled water, specialty coffees and alcohol) to make it worth it, is that correct?

Any drink under $12.00 would be covered for you and your boyfriend. This includes water bottles, specialty coffee at the Cafe Promenade, fresh squeezed orange juice. If you catch the Deluxe Drink Pkg. on sale, it is worth it, as it would average out to roughly 4 or 5 drinks per day. :cool:

Hi all,

Any drink under $12.00 would be covered for you and your boyfriend. This includes water bottles, specialty coffee at the Cafe Promenade, fresh squeezed orange juice. If you catch the Deluxe Drink Pkg. on sale, it is worth it, as it would average out to roughly 4 or 5 drinks per day. :cool:

Even better than I thought, thank you!

Up to and including $12.

Specialty coffee anywhere on the ship.

(if any drink costs more than $12, you would be charged the difference plus 18% gratuity on the difference)

It's almost irrelevant. The $12 covers darn near everything. We were getting Gentlemen Jack, Patron Anejo, etc... all included. The only thing that had a $1 or so upcharge was certain over the top specialty drinks and even then a vast majority were $12 or under. If you are going to have 5 alcoholic drinks a day, it's SO worth it. I won't sail without it. Don't underestimate the value of "not having to think about it" when on vacation. You walk by bars every 50 feet. It's a big part of cruising for a lot of people. Being able to just grab a drink randomly and not even think about the costs or a bill is fantastic and makes a big difference in our enjoyment of the cruise. I say get it for sure unless you drink very little.

It's almost irrelevant. The $12 covers darn near everything. We were getting Gentlemen Jack, Patron Anejo, etc... all included. The only thing that had a $1 or so upcharge was certain over the top specialty drinks and even then a vast majority were $12 or under. If you are going to have 5 alcoholic drinks a day, it's SO worth it. I won't sail without it. Don't underestimate the value of "not having to think about it" when on vacation. You walk by bars every 50 feet. It's a big part of cruising for a lot of people. Being able to just grab a drink randomly and not even think about the costs or a bill is fantastic and makes a big difference in our enjoyment of the cruise. I say get it for sure unless you drink very little.

Agree 100% - I don't even drink "that" much - but if you think about it - 3/4 drinks per evening, specialty coffee in the AM along with Freshly squeezed OJ and then 4/6 bottled waters while you are walking around and/or powerade or soda from the freestyle machine...........more then covers the cost.

Thank you! A huge part of wanting to get it for me was not having to think about the bill at the end of the trip. 4-5 alcoholic drinks a day for me is easy, I was asking more for other family members who weren’t too sure.

Remember, anything over the limit you just get charged the difference. It may be just $1 - it's not a big deal. If you want the drink you can get it on the package and they automatically charge the small difference.

We have never cruised before, but we purchased the deluxe package for the adults & the refreshment package for our kids (11 & 14). My husband and I can make it worthwhile with premium liquors & wines. My kids will be happy to have virgin pina coladas, margaritas & coffees- all without me worrying about it. I already know that we are going to have added expenses from sushi, cupcakes, gambling, the spa & souvenirs It was worthwhile to have assigned a fixed cost to this part of the trip.

If you drink 4 or more drinks and a couple of waters it pays to get package, as said depending on ship limit is either 12 or 13, most likely 12 for yours , this covers

Most all drinks except for some high end scotch’s , we like some of the better wines so we pay the extra couple of dollars to get wine we want .

If your relatives are not big drinkers they might consider the Refreshment package. It includes non-alcoholic drinks, specialty coffees, sodas, fresh squeezed OJ and bottled water. I had that package on my last RC cruise and liked it a lot and felt I got my money's worth.

JUst a quick question, what brand of water bottles are available in the deluxe and refreshment package? Please and thank you 😊

Various, you won't be able to choose. Last one I saw was Ice River Springs.

In addition to others mentioned here, at least on Allure, the refreshment and deluxe covered milkshakes at Johnny Rockets as well. Not sure if this is all ships, but I have seen it mentioned a few times on here prior to us getting it. We did not expect it, were trying to use our bogo, but the waiter said no need, they are covered on our package.

In addition to others mentioned here, at least on Allure, the refreshment and deluxe covered milkshakes at Johnny Rockets as well. Not sure if this is all ships, but I have seen it mentioned a few times on here prior to us getting it. We did not expect it, were trying to use our bogo, but the waiter said no need, they are covered on our package.

First time I've heard of one of the beverage packages covering shakes at JR. Unless this is a new policy, I expect this was a mistake.