magnets on R ships

cbb

I know this is trivial to some, but not for those of us who rely on magnets--especially on long voyages.

Some on Insignia are reporting magnets not working on long walls on 6th. Could passengers on other O ships tell us if their magnets are working and what deck they are on?

Curious if it is just 6 or if it is just Insignia!!! Thanks y'all!!!

We are on the Riviera right now and we bring about 8 magnetic hooks we purchased at home deport to hang clothes on and they are working just fine on all walls in PH on deck 11. We also have a poster of Barcelona on our front door using magnets,

We are on the Riviera right now and we bring about 8 magnetic hooks we purchased at home deport to hang clothes on and they are working just fine on all walls in PH on deck 11. We also have a poster of Barcelona on our front door using magnets,

But you are not on an R ship as Cynthia was asking about

Riviera & Marina are O class ships :halo:

Not deck 6 info, but Insignia. We were on Insignia on deck 4 in a C1 in December 2017 and magnets worked well *except* on the outside of the bath door (inside of the bath door was better)

A magnetic hook stayed on the outside of the bathroom door but didn't seem to have as much grip as elsewhere - a bath robe would drag the magnetic hook down if the hook was on the outer (room) side of the bath door.

I only had one magnet on the long wall iirc (a hook, and it held fine). It was a short cruise; I used magnetic hooks in the entry way (on bath door side -- but on the wall, not the door) as well as magnetic document holders on the short end wall next to love seat, all of which held fine.

I've noticed some spots don't hold as well as others. But this applies to all ships I've been on. Having said that we've always used magnets on R ships.

Thanks...and keep those reports coming y'all!!! I've alerted my friends on ATW19 roll call, many from ATW16, about starting this thread

Many are concerned about the magnet reports coming in, and like me, use magnets for all sorts of reasons.

Maybe if Insignia is going in dry dock this is something they can take a look at!

We were on Sirena in December and brought along some of these: https://www.amazon.com/Ogrmar-Refrigerator-Whiteboard-Magnetic-Metal/dp/B01N1Z74B6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1523036619&sr=8-3&keywords=magnets+with+clips&dpID=51uCJB71DPL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

They are very strong and worked fine on the walls (we were on deck 8). The clips were handy for hanging up Currents, tour information, etc.

when we were on insignia'16--7th deck--my magnets worked well on the long wall and door interior.

Having recently been on 7th on Regatta, I was able to use magnets on the long wall & door interior

We'll be on 7th on Nautica and I'll take magnets for that cruise as well.

thanks & keep up the research!

I know this is trivial to some, but not for those of us who rely on magnets--especially on long voyages.

Some on Insignia are reporting magnets not working on long walls on 6th. Could passengers on other O ships tell us if their magnets are working and what deck they are on?

Curious if it is just 6 or if it is just Insignia!!! Thanks y'all!!!

Please do excuse me, but I was fully aware the title of this thread was magnets on R ships; however, in the body of her question she specially asked if anyone on other “O” ships could respond. So I thought it was perfectly OK to inform the poster of our current experience on the Riviera. Just saying . . .

When boarding the Eclipse March/18, security ask me to see what was inside my carry on (The magnetic hooks). For disembarkation we use the luggage valet and I pack the hooks in one of the bags. That bag arrived home without the TSA lock approved. I think they open my bag because of the magnetic hook. Nothing was missed. To Avoid problems it's better to pack them always in your carry on.