Wine from luggage to carry-on ----

57redbird

Probably stressing over nothing but do you transfer your wine from your suitcase to your carry-on at the airport before you grab a cab/shuttle to the pier or at the pier before giving it to the porter? Either way seems a little awkward. TIA.

Probably stressing over nothing but do you transfer your wine from your suitcase to your carry-on at the airport before you grab a cab/shuttle to the pier or at the pier before giving it to the porter? Either way seems a little awkward. TIA.

I buy my wine in FLL when I get there, but if I were in your shoes, I would do the transfer at the airport. It only takes a minute. (I often do have a bottle or two of duty free when I diesmbark - I carry it off and pop it in. Takes just a minute)

The stevedores snag your bags pretty fast at the pier and it can be busy with a lot of people and luggage, so I'd do it at the airport.

And if I may be so bold, wine doesn't fly all that well, so unless you are doing a HAL transfer, IF you are just taking a cab, I'd preorder from Total Wine, have the cab make a quick stop and not even worry about packing the stuff. ;). But, I avoid packing anything I can buy there that can break or burst and cause issues ;)

If I was bringing wine with me in my checked bag, I would transfer over to my carry-on at the airport before I grabbed a cab to the pier. It would only take you a few minutes to do it and you would then be on your way.

I can second the recommendation for Ralph’s. On our last cruise from San Diego, we bought some great wines there at a very reasonable price. We chose wines mainly from California, but that was our preference for that cruise. There was a discount for buying a quantity of wine. I think it was six bottles, but I might be wrong.

If you are determined to bring your own wine, definitely swap from your checked bag to your carry-on at the airport. You are more likely able to find a quieter spot at the airport. Easier still would be to have a tote bag in an outside pocket of one of your suitcases, use that so you don't even need to open your carry-on. Just stick the wine in that.

Otherwise, Ralph's or Rite-Aid are good choices for a quick stop.

If you are determined to bring your own wine, definitely swap from your checked bag to your carry-on at the airport. You are more likely able to find a quieter spot at the airport. Easier still would be to have a tote bag in an outside pocket of one of your suitcases, use that so you don't even need to open your carry-on. Just stick the wine in that.

I'm using a mesh backpack for my carryon so it will already be accessible...