Drink Package / Excursion Sale

I posted this in my roll call, but thought I'd share here as well.

I'm not sure how many sailings this applies to, but on Friday I got an email notifying me of a BOGO 1/2 off sale for Deluxe Drink Package on Oasis November sailing which came out to $45/day. The original price was $48, so I cancelled and repurchased. Also select excursions are 25% off. The sale continues throughout the weekend. Again, this probably only applies to select sailings, but it might be worth it for you all to check your cruise planners. Cheers!

I just looked and it's available on my cruise set for July also. But I checked the prices...but I can't see the deal. We looked at deluxe packages a few weeks ago, and it was $45 a person. They are still saying the "sale price" is $45 a person...they apparently took 25% off each guest's price. Even if the original price was $48...the sale price should be down to $36 a person. The way they are doing the math...the original price would be $60 per person per day?!?!?! Am I doing the math wrong?!?!?! Is this really a deal?!?!?! It's bad enough I have to buy the Deluxe..since I don't drink enough to make it worth the price. ugh...

I just looked and it's available on my cruise set for July also. But I checked the prices...but I can't see the deal. We looked at deluxe packages a few weeks ago, and it was $45 a person. They are still saying the "sale price" is $45 a person...they apparently took 25% off each guest's price. Even if the original price was $48...the sale price should be down to $36 a person. The way they are doing the math...the original price would be $60 per person per day?!?!?! Am I doing the math wrong?!?!?! Is this really a deal?!?!?! It's bad enough I have to buy the Deluxe..since I don't drink enough to make it worth the price. ugh...

Seems the price is always based off 60. So it isn’t 25% off the 48 you saw (that was already a different sale price). It is 25% off of 60.

If it isnt worth the price I’d suggest not getting. I typically don’t get it and only spend 100-200 on drinks for the week. No need to waste money just to drink stuff you really didn’t want that much in the first place. Just pay as you go realizing you surely will not get close to the near $400 price. Don’t stress over a $5-10 drink here and there. It is way cheaper than a $380 package you don’t need.

Why don't you just pay by the drink then?

Because my husband will get the deluxe package...so I have to have it also. Last time I had the regular drink package and once and a while bought a drink or two...this time they are making me get it!! When I asked an agent at RCCL if I could just get a regular package...she said no:(

Because my husband will get the deluxe package...so I have to have it also. Last time I had the regular drink package and once and a while bought a drink or two...this time they are making me get it!! When I asked an agent at RCCL if I could just get a regular package...she said no:(

If you call Royal, they will let you get the Refreshment package instead of another Deluxe package.

Just notice a $47 sale on future Allure Sailing in September..

Each I might Have

$10 Breakfast Mimosa or Bloody Mary (Including a Tip)

$8 Large Latte After Breakfast (Including a Tip)

$8 Late Morning Bloody Mary (Including a Tip)

$6 Beer with Lunch (Including a Tip)

$22 Couple Frosty Drinks in afternoon (Including a Tip)

$22 Coctails Before Dinner (Including a Tip)

$18 Wine at Dinner (Including a Tip)

$ 8 Drink at Show (Including a Tip)

$8 Drink Before Dinner (Including a Tip)

$12 3 to 4 bottle of water each day

Total $122.... Drink Package $47 +18%

No Brainer....

Wife might have half of that but that is still a savings for us...

Dennis & Sue

Call again, they will let u purchase a deluxe package as long as you take one of the other drink packages. My husband has the deluxe and I’m getting the package with soda and non alcoholic drinks. Virgin Pina Coladas are good!

I'm thinking of buying the deluxe package +Voom internet for $61/day for just myself. My question is can I get as many bottles of water as much as I want all day every day? Also, are drinks of the day more than $12 (the limit in the package is up to $12)

I'm thinking of buying the deluxe package +Voom internet for $61/day for just myself. My question is can I get as many bottles of water as much as I want all day every day? Also, are drinks of the day more than $12 (the limit in the package is up to $12)

No limit on bottled water. I've not seen a drink of the day that has not been totally covered by the Deluxe package.

Just notice a $47 sale on future Allure Sailing in September..

Each I might Have

$10 Breakfast Mimosa or Bloody Mary (Including a Tip)

$8 Large Latte After Breakfast (Including a Tip)

$8 Late Morning Bloody Mary (Including a Tip)

$6 Beer with Lunch (Including a Tip)

$22 Couple Frosty Drinks in afternoon (Including a Tip)

$22 Coctails Before Dinner (Including a Tip)

$18 Wine at Dinner (Including a Tip)

$ 8 Drink at Show (Including a Tip)

$8 Drink Before Dinner (Including a Tip)

$12 3 to 4 bottle of water each day

Total $122.... Drink Package $47 +18%

No Brainer....

Wife might have half of that but that is still a savings for us...

Dennis & Sue

If I drank all that regardless it would certainly be worth it.

But if D+ I get all I want from 5-8:30. Pack a case of water for $4 for the week. Don’t care for drinks in the morning. Espresso is free in diamond large and we like it better than Starbucks anyhow.

If I want I’ll buy a beer or two by the pool or at lunch and then the same after dinner. We can bring a couple bottles of wine.

I never hold off a drink when I want one. my tab is never close to what the beverage package costs for me and the wife even if we got her the refreshment package. She just doesn’t drink enough booze, we can bring our own water, and the D+ benefits give us the coffee we like and a lot of free drinks.

I can certainly get the value out of a package but a lot of times it is just b/c I get a drink for the sake of getting one b/c it is all you can drink. So it is hard to compare b/c I would never drink a mimosa with the wife at breakfast but with the package we might even though I dont really like drinking that early. So it certainly can change behavior and not really in a good way.

The value of a drink package is minimal when D+ imo.

Call again, they will let u purchase a deluxe package as long as you take one of the other drink packages. My husband has the deluxe and I’m getting the package with soda and non alcoholic drinks. Virgin Pina Coladas are good!

Thanks...I'm gonna call and try to get just the soda package...Virgin Pina Coladas are my favorite!!!!!!:hearteyes::hearteyes:

Last Eclipse cruise I questioned Super Mario (Shorex manager on board) Why they only offer me a 10% discount for my future cruises shorex when they offer the 25% online. He says book now and if you see cheaper cancel and re-book. The super savings when booking on board it's not true

Thanks...I'm gonna call and try to get just the soda package...Virgin Pina Coladas are my favorite!!!!!!:hearteyes::hearteyes:

If one buys Deluxe, I think the other is required to buy at least the "Refreshment" package (all non-alcoholic beverages) and not just the soda package. Correct me if this is not right!:confused: You can't get a virgin pina colada with the soda package.

Edited by SilkySal
add

Just FYI. I just made reservation for Refreshment package for $18.50/pp per day, that's 30% off regular price. I checked the soda package and that isn't on sale, but I believe the Refreshment and Deluxe packages are.