P&O Australia Prices

I had a quick look at a cruise in October on Aria - if you work on the daily room rate for a 10 day cruise, a Balcony was going to cost $306pp a day ...... this during a “Sale”

What happened to Australia’s affordable cruise line? Just asking ... 🧐

i just paid $82pp per day for a 7 nighter on the aria and to be quite honest i wouldn't pay any more. they just finished a 3 day sale could have got a 4 dayer to whitsundays $309pp inside.

But that wouldn’t be $82 for a balcony, probably about $200 for a balcony.

I had a quick look at a cruise in October on Aria - if you work on the daily room rate for a 10 day cruise, a Balcony was going to cost $306pp a day ...... this during a “Sale”

In the time I’ve been cruising I haven’t found P&O to be much less (if any) than Princess or Celebrity on a per day price, unless it’s the last few cabins.

All the lines I look at seem to have crept up a bit in the last year or 18 months.

I only really look at the price of mid ship, mid deck balconies.

But that wouldn’t be $82 for a balcony, probably about $200 for a balcony.

Might be a 'friendly 4' - (4 berth inside cabin) at that price, cheap as chips.:eek:

But once you fork out for a balcony cabin, there is no going back to inside or oceanview, the only way is up, mini suites and beyond (f you are well heeled.) Just like if you have travelled at the pointy end of the aircraft, there is no more turning right.

Might be a 'friendly 4' - (4 berth inside cabin) at that price, cheap as chips.:eek:

But once you fork out for a balcony cabin, there is no going back to inside or oceanview, the only way is up, mini suites and beyond (f you are well heeled.) Just like if you have travelled at the pointy end of the aircraft, there is no more turning right.

was a 2 berth inside, had balcony's etc prefer inside don't spend too much time in them plus what i save over a balcony pays for all my drinks onboard.

was a 2 berth inside, had balcony's etc prefer inside don't spend too much time in them plus what i save over a balcony pays for all my drinks onboard.

I just need to compare like for like - we usually book midship Balcony so this is the room I look at, P&O’s prices have gone up and the sale ends today - this was yesterday.

Agree with you NSWP - so hard to go back ....... ships, planes, hotels ....... DH will never retire [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In the time I’ve been cruising I haven’t found P&O to be much less (if any) than Princess or Celebrity on a per day price, unless it’s the last few cabins.

All the lines I look at seem to have crept up a bit in the last year or 18 months.

I only really look at the price of mid ship, mid deck balconies.

Agree - that’s where I got the $$ from - this a so called sale?

Just booked a cabin with them last week. Works out at $59/person/night for an ocean view. And they threw in $50 OBC as well, so pretty happy with that cherry on top.

Prices seem as good as usual. Some high, some low.

One thing I'd say: P&O don't have so many balconies, so balcony pricing will always be relatively more expensive compared to pricing on other lines where you can have 60%+ balconies, so those can be relatively cheaper.

If you only look at balcony cabins then P&O aren't going to stand out, because they are much more a niche product there.

P&O never seem to be cheap in QLD for anything other than an inside. If you stay in a balcony or above and buy a drink package, they end up being dearer then the other lines.

P&O Straya has older ships, old ships generally mean fewer balcony cabins, hence the big mark ups.:evilsmile:

P&O never seem to be cheap in QLD for anything other than an inside. If you stay in a balcony or above and buy a drink package, they end up being dearer then the other lines.

Unfortunately we don't have much choice out of Brisbane, and with the Jewel joining the fleet later this year,we can hope for a few bargains.

Well, that seems to be it exactly, a cruise out of Bris on Aria - so ball in P&Os court on that one, oh well, asked and answered .... cheers, happy cruising [emoji41]

They are around, just not every cruise, lots of bargains can still be had although most are last minute.:D

Just booked a cabin with them last week. Works out at $59/person/night for an ocean view. And they threw in $50 OBC as well, so pretty happy with that cherry on top.

Prices seem as good as usual. Some high, some low.

One thing I'd say: P&O don't have so many balconies, so balcony pricing will always be relatively more expensive compared to pricing on other lines where you can have 60%+ balconies, so those can be relatively cheaper.

If you only look at balcony cabins then P&O aren't going to stand out, because they are much more a niche product there.

Totally agree, there are so few balconies that they are premium priced. Oceanview or Inside for me on P&O Aust.

During the latest P&O 3 day sale I booked a guaranteed non-obstructed ocean view cabin. This was on a 7 day Brisbane, Airlie Beach,, Cairns o/night, Willis Island itinerary. All up, for 2 pax, cost $1178. Works out at $84 per person, per day. Guaranteed balconies were roughly $1800. Pretty good value in my opinion. I don't normally book guaranteed cabins, but have done so a few times with P&O & have been lucky enough to get a pretty good cabin.

During the latest P&O 3 day sale I booked a guaranteed non-obstructed ocean view cabin. This was on a 7 day Brisbane, Airlie Beach,, Cairns o/night, Willis Island itinerary. All up, for 2 pax, cost $1178. Works out at $84 per person, per day. Guaranteed balconies were roughly $1800. Pretty good value in my opinion. I don't normally book guaranteed cabins, but have done so a few times with P&O & have been lucky enough to get a pretty good cabin.

Yes, hard to get an inside cabin under $100/person/day on other cruise lines, so when you can get an ocean view on P&O under that threshold, even better! Nice bargain.

As for guarantee allocation, without wanting to jinx things, I suspect even though you don't formally get many loyalty benefits, I think allocation may be done using your past passenger status.

october is also the time for school holidays as well. we are crusin on the aria on the 28th of september to the 5th of october and the ship is sold out for children (we booked a year in advance).

I disagree! We switch between inside cabins and balconies quite happily. We don't spend a lot of time on the balcony when we do have one so it's a nice-to-have rather than an essential for us.

On Princess we usually book an inside cabin and spend some of the savings on The Sanctuary.

On Celebrity it's cost effective to get a balcony with the drinks perk.

I disagree! We switch between inside cabins and balconies quite happily. We don't spend a lot of time on the balcony when we do have one so it's a nice-to-have rather than an essential for us.

On Princess we usually book an inside cabin and spend some of the savings on The Sanctuary.

On Celebrity it's cost effective to get a balcony with the drinks perk.

Same. I go between suites and insides, depending on price, itinerary and other factors. Obviously the suite will be nicer, but just the same as if I don't go on the cruise if I don't think it's reasonable value, I'll also not buy a suite if it's not reasonable.