Oceanview cost MORE than balcony?

cfr70

While checking for price drops today, I noticed that my 4 day sailing booked on Mariner of the Seas for 3/30/20, the oceanview cabins are going for $955. while the balcony cabins are just $805.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?! Needless to say, I have a balcony booked lol.

Edited to add it's for 1 person, solo booking.

That's a damn good sale and the first time i've ever seen a balcony go for less than an OV! This will be my first RC sailing but if they have these kinds of sales often, i'll book lots more with them.

Yes, I always check it both ways. Last year I actually had to book a second passenger that didnt cruise with me. Have taken multiple cruises where Balcony was cheaper then ocean view, even had a Suite that was cheaper then Balcony, Twice!

Am I the only one that thinks those prices are insane for a 4 nighter?
Wondering if prices are higher because of the refurbishment? Done pretty cool things coming.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that thinks those prices are insane for a 4 nighter?

The $805 for that balcony 4 nighter is solo. Just for 1 person. I think for a one person balcony that's a pretty good deal, especially for peak season (late March).

Ahhhh. That explains it. I hope you have a wonderful time!!!!

Thanks! It's even $100 less for that balcony if I sail 4 weeks later in April, but the 3/30/20 sailing day falls on my 50th Birthday so I had to pick that! :)

It isn’t just Mariner. The current sale, which is an extra $300 off balcony rooms, is making a lot of balconies cheaper than OV and sometimes even cheaper than inside. Last week I booked a balcony on Mariner for cheaper than OV. Yesterday I booked a balcony on Symphony for cheaper than inside. Both cruises also came with $100 OBC.

I think the reason more people haven’t realized this is that it doesn’t show you the extra $300 off until after you start the booking and select the number of cabins and passengers.

Edited by SashaC

The $805 for that balcony 4 nighter is solo. Just for 1 person. I think for a one person balcony that's a pretty good deal, especially for peak season (late March).

I guess for a Balcony its pretty good solo. However, I went interior last year for 9 nights on the grandeur solo and paid 997!!! doing it again in 9 days but paid a higher 1104, but the cruise price was the same, the difference was the port fees and taxes!!!