Johnny Rip-offs

Fuddruckers would be great. I don't go to Five Guys after a couple visits, it makes me too depressed when I see them pressing the life out of the burgers with that spatula. How can these places not know that a burger should never be touched except when flipped one and only one time? Every time I see someone mashing a burger down with a spatula I cringe and fight the urge to ripe it out of their hands. Hopefully it's just the one near me and not all of them...

Not entirely accurate. It depends how you are cooking a burger. But smashing it on to a flat top is very much an appropriate way to make a great burger. In fact, it's the proper way if cooking on a flat top. Though you wouldn't want to flip it much on a flat top, nor would you need to as flat top burgers are generally thin. Flipping once on a flat top is about right so you get a proper crust, but that can also depend on the temp of surface. If flame grilling, flipping once is an old myth. Flipping multiple times gives you a more even cook on the burger and cooks faster, too. Now you know :)

Shockingly, I had the most phenomenal McDonalds experience recently in the US...it was 3:30am and I was on the way to the airport. Stopped at McD's and got a Quarter Pounder which you could tell was freshly cooked as were the fries. It was, truly, a delicious burger. I was shocked.

But, four weeks later I did the same thing at the same time at the same McD's and it was awful.

Too bad on the second visit! But the new fresh quarter pounders are really good. And the fact that they are made to order is awesome, no more meat sitting in trays and lazy crew resetting the timers :)

Too bad on the second visit! But the new fresh quarter pounders are really good. And the fact that they are made to order is awesome, no more meat sitting in trays and lazy crew resetting the timers :)

There's also the Quarter Pounder Deluxe, which I'd forgotten about until I saw it on one of the self-serve ordering kiosks at a Mickey D's (they do not appear on the regular menu). Those are REALLY good, fresh never-frozen beef and all.

McDonalds is aiming to upgrade their continental US supply chain to have ALL fresh, never-frozen beef by the end of 2019. It would be quite the accomplishment since they are the largest single consumer of ground beef on the planet.

And yes, Windjammer hamburgers are terrible. At least on the Indy, two years in a row. :(

There's also the Quarter Pounder Deluxe, which I'd forgotten about until I saw it on one of the self-serve ordering kiosks at a Mickey D's (they do not appear on the regular menu). Those are REALLY good, fresh never-frozen beef and all.

McDonalds is aiming to upgrade their continental US supply chain to have ALL fresh, never-frozen beef by the end of 2019. It would be quite the accomplishment since they are the largest single consumer of ground beef on the planet.

And yes, Windjammer hamburgers are terrible. At least on the Indy, two years in a row. :(

I don't like salad on my burger, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what do you know. Even Cruise Critic mentions Royal Caribbean's poolside grills ...

... the Windjammer Cafe -- serves standard cruise buffet fare and includes a poolside grill.

Here is the link to the article ...

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2126&et_cid=3105067&et_rid=24280783&et_referrer=Contest_Costa_June2013

Oh snap

I was on the Navigator April/May and paid $9.95 plus 18%. Johnny Rockets was my favorite place on the ship. The grilled cheese sandwich (which I tried on my first visit) was awful, I'll admit (never ordered it again), due to using what seemed like two slices of really cheap white bread; however, everything else was average to good. I loved the atmosphere, enjoying 50s music while looking out at the ocean.

JR is the lowest priced specialty option onboard. For those passengers who crave variety, and don't want to spend a lot of money, JR is a good choice. All the food you can eat, and all of the soda pop you can drink; and also onboard the Navigator, always plenty of seating available.

Well, what do you know. Even Cruise Critic mentions Royal Caribbean's poolside grills ...

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2126&et_cid=3105067&et_rid=24280783&et_referrer=Contest_Costa_June2013

RCI's website also used to say that Voyager class ships had a covered solarium. Just because their website says something doesn't make it so.

RCI's website also used to say that Voyager class ships had a covered solarium. Just because their website says something doesn't make it so.

And Harmony had a solarium pool :)

In fact, it still does. With a picture of the non-existent pool, too!

harmony-solarium-pool.png

For years almost every Royal sailing I was on had real Barbecue/Poolside grills, and that was not the same burgers that either WindJammer or JR's serve now...