Johnny Rip-offs

That’s one place Carnival has RC beat. Guy’s burgers are free and spectacular

AMEN! That's about the only thing I miss about Carnival, but I sure do miss it!

Like others, the one time we were suckered into JR on Allure was an over-priced disappointment. No thank you very much!

Just curious, we don’t have JR in the UK, how much would an equivalent meal be in a JR on land? I’m guessing that it’s kinda similar to Burger King? Over here in the UK a double whopper with bacon, fries and a drink is around the £8.95 range and that’s equivalent to $12.50 ish.

JR's milkshake to go with a BOGO coupon is still a good option for us.....The one thing that I think JR's does well is the hot apple pie ala'mode...it's much better than the WJ offering.

Burgers is one thing Carnival kicks Royal's butts at. We LOVE the FREE Guy's burgers that are cooked in front of you right between the pool and Buffet. It's good meat and cooked to perfection with your choice of fixins on them. Royal has no free food of any sort that even comes close. I'm not sure why not? How hard could it be??

Maybe they should switch out JR's and bring in Five Guys!

Agree, the best burger around IMO is five guys. And the fries, wow they are great. We ate at JR last week, four of us. Bill was over $46. The onion rings were the only thing I thought was really good.

JR on the Adventure last week, used our twofer milkshake coupon, with DH adding a $10 tip it was 39 bucks for burgers! I only go to accompany him and get the Apple pie to go for a midnight snack.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few months ago on the Adventure, we decided to go to Johnny Rockets for lunch, a 30 minute wait-list til a table would be available. wondered around while we waited, it was I think about 26$ total for two and it was better than I remember. I have been twice on oasis class and I thought it was average at best then. It seemed the price deterred no one on my last cruise.

I'm just wondering if Royal Caribbean is being greedy with this price hike or is the Johnny Rockets franchise going through financial trouble and raising their prices to own the franchise?

RC sets the price based on what they think the market will bear. As long as people keep paying it, the price will keep going up.

RC sets the price based on what they think the market will bear. As long as people keep paying it, the price will keep going up.

I remember Portofino used to be $15 a person and $20 for Chops which was a nice deal considering you already technically paid for your food in the cruise price. I guess little by little RC kept raising the prices and people kept paying (Disney tickets style). Now both of these restaurants are more than double the price.

What gets me is the sudden spike for JR going from $6.95 to $12.95 within the year?!

I guess same goes for the rise in gratuities that keep going up. I'm sure not all goes to the hard working staff, such a shame.

I would say let's all boycott these places until the prices go back down! lol! But of course, there will always be someone or newbies who will keep paying the prices which RC loves.

DH has some perverse need to visit Johnny Rockets on every cruise. I don't get it at all,

I don't get it at all either. The whole idea of a pay for chain franchise on a cruise ship is just a turn off. If I wanted to drink Starbuck's coffee or eat a Johnny Rockets I could save a lot of money by staying home. The fact that it isn't even good is just an insult.

Maybe time to change venues???

I agree with others that 5 Guys is a viable option. I haven't eaten in a JR in years. the last time was when I was a business trip about 5 years ago and I could expense it. Even then I felt it wasn't worth it.

I don't eat fast food burgers. But there are many "above-fast-food-quality" burger places I would think would do better than JR. Red Robin, Fuddruckers, Steak n' Shake, Shake Shack, and Five Guys are examples. My local favorite is 25 Burgers.