May On Board Promotion?

39august

Do a dummy booking just before you go on board and see what the difference is if any if you book on board. There will always be some extra OBC for booking on board. If the price drops while you are on board, go back to future cruises and get an adjustment. My experience is that they don't know any sooner than we do if there are price changes ahead. When you visit with a query they open up the computer and look at the current offers and deal. One has to have some sympathy with future cruises as hundreds of passengers will all be looking for different cruises and deals in different jurisdictions and currencies. As well a deal may be in one jurisdiction but not in another.

My point is that the perks have nothing to do with booking on board. You get those same perks either way. It is the same as saying you get four pillows in your cabin when you book on board. It leads a lot of people to think they are getting the Perks because they are booking on board when they are in fact getting them because of the BBB which is available to everyone.

I agree that this is generally the case; but there have been rare exceptions. Back in the first half of 2017 there was a short period of time when the on-board booking offered 2 perks while the off-board was only offering 1 perk.

How often do the perks get updated?

We will be sailing on 8th June, interested in booking for 2019, so its it just a matter of checking normal online prices at home, and bringing them with us for comparison at the future cruise desk?

How often do the perks get updated?

We will be sailing on 8th June, interested in booking for 2019, so its it just a matter of checking normal online prices at home, and bringing them with us for comparison at the future cruise desk?

Sure, but you can also access the Celebrity website to check prices/promotion while on the ship without a charge. You can use you own device or the ship’s computers without being logged into the for a fee internet.

I agree that this is generally the case; but there have been rare exceptions. Back in the first half of 2017 there was a short period of time when the on-board booking offered 2 perks while the off-board was only offering 1 perk.

I saw that once with a new release on a suite. On line it did not mention the Four Perks with the booking, but it showed up in line a couple weeks later.

But as you say the on board booking promotion is basically just the low deposit and OBC. The current general promotions(for all bookings) and BBB pricing just confuses people. I suspect that most people believe they are getting the “perks” for booking on board when they are just for booking.

According to the brochure the policy of perks has changed, now OV and Veranda 1 Perk, Concierges and Aqua 2 perks, suites 4 perks. In the previous promotion verandas received 2 perks still present in online bookings.