Formal nights on Reflection??

Krydstosser

By the 3'rd Chic night, I still stand by my guess of close to 70% tux/formal suit.

That is not what you posted in the post I replied to. You are backtracking.

You posted :

"By the 3'rd night I'd estimate close to 70% had on Tuxes. About another 20% had suits(us incl.) The last 10% were a mix of smart casual & ........"

Edited by Charles4515

Just remember that Evening Chic only applies to the MDR. All specialty restaurants, Blu and Luminae are Smart Casual attire all evenings. I'm not saying you cant dress up just not required. On our last 14 night cruise in Asia I dont remember seeing any tuxedos in Micheal's Club or Luminae.

Specialty Restaurants (Including Luminae for our Suite Class guests and Blu for our AquaClass® Guests) The dress code in Celebrity’s Specialty Restaurants is Smart Casual for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your “Evening Chic nights.”

CEL_Evening_Chic_Overview_Flyer.pdf

Have been on many 14 night cruises in recent years and never had fewer than 3 Evening Chic nights. Not saying it never happens, just what we have experienced. I agree that it has been our experience that people tend to get a bit dressier on these cruises than on shorter cruises. Usually an older age group who has been sailing for years and are used to dressing up I guess. Also many more people from Europe than you see on 7 day cruises - not sure if that is a factor as well.

Haven't been on a Celebrity cruise less than 14 days in a long time.

Never once in those roughly dozen cruises have a seen anything even approaching "70% in tuxes."

Yeah, I know I wasn't on XX/XX date cruise, but funny that that one would just happen to be so radically different than our other 100+ days on longer cruises. I realize that Eclipse trends dressier because of the UK clientele but even on our 4 or 5 sailings on that ship has there been more than say 30-35% in tuxes.

Like someone said, "wishful thinking. Check previous posts."

That is not what you posted in the post I replied to. You are backtracking.

You posted :

"By the 3'rd night I'd estimate close to 70% had on Tuxes. About another 20% had suits(us incl.) The last 10% were a mix of smart casual & ........"

3'rd Chic night. That better for you? Sorry, I left out the word Chic. Some are slow to catch on I notice. There were a lot of Brits aboard. I just don't know why pax dressed up so much on that cruise. They just did.

Haven't been on a Celebrity cruise less than 14 days in a long time.

Never once in those roughly dozen cruises have a seen anything even approaching "70% in tuxes."

Yeah, I know I wasn't on XX/XX date cruise, but funny that that one would just happen to be so radically different than our other 100+ days on longer cruises. I realize that Eclipse trends dressier because of the UK clientele but even on our 4 or 5 sailings on that ship has there been more than say 30-35% in tuxes.

Like someone said, "wishful thinking. Check previous posts."

The 3'rd Chic night, they were far more dressed than I've ever seen on the Eclipse. I don't know the reason. After the dinner a lot of pax changed to more smart casual. we really felt underdressed.

The diversity of replies here does imply that perhaps each cruise has a degree of ‘uniqueness’....

I guess everyone should just keep within the dress code then go with what extra ‘up dressing’ you want. For us it will be smarter for Europe and more casual for the Caribbean....not just based on our experience but on our preference...we do see the Caribbean as a more relaxed and laid back cruise.

Onboard Dress Code

Q. What is the onboard dress code?

A. Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or jeans with a long sleeve sport shirt.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

Question: as we will be new to Celebrity also.

On non-gala "chic" nights.....ie: smart casual nights, would it be acceptable for my DH to wear nice slacks with a collared short sleeve golf type sport shirt? It seems to be okay on HAL, etc. Don't know about X-Line. In other words, on smart casual nights does his shirt have to have long sleeves???Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

RE: my previous post, here is what it says on the website I just looked up....it says "shirt with sleeves" but not long sleeves, so which is it???:confused:

What to Pack for on the Ship

Here are some items you’ll want to pack for your time on the ship, starting with dinner. Celebrity Cruises’ dress code for dining is Smart Casual on most evenings, which entails the following items:

• Ladies: Dress, slacks, blazers, jeans, scarves, skirts, casual tops — basically, whatever you’re comfortable in without being too casual.

Men: Pants or jeans and a sport shirt with sleeves.

Depending on the length of your cruise, there also may be one or two Evening Chic nights (say good-bye to those stuffy formal nights!), and you’ll want to come prepared for those evenings so you can participate in the fun of getting all glammed up. Stick the following attire in your suitcase for Evening Chic nights (which also may double well for the nightlife onboard):

• Ladies: Cocktail dress or skirt/pants/designer jeans with an elegant top. Or get totally dressed up in an evening gown!

• Men: Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt, or sweater. To get fancier, wear a blazer or sport coat over

Short sleeves are fine. It means no "sleeveless" shirts. :)

Thank you, I was hoping that was correct.

The other poster above had a X-Line dress code that said long sleeved shirt on casual nights. The current website says "shirt with sleeves", which can mean short sleeves. Thanks for clearing that up. The current dress code info on the website must be the correct one. I am so glad. DH would not want to wear a long sleeved shirt every night!