Adventure of the Seas Grand Suite Photo

Now for the bad news. The tub is pitted badly. In 30+ cruises, I've never seen this before and have no idea what would do that. Not a big deal just strange.b95d6630b022982298e5b306d237e28d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Now for the bad news. The tub is pitted badly. In 30+ cruises, I've never seen this before and have no idea what would do that. Not a big deal just strange.b95d6630b022982298e5b306d237e28d.jpg

It’s made of cast iron and it can be caused by whatever chemical is used to clean it (too abrasive) and or standing water if it’s not level when it was installed, which can wear it out over the years. The tub just needs to be sanded down, reapply some enamel paint and glaze. It done all the time with old claw foot tubs. There are companies that do this for $300 instead of ripping out the old cast iron tubs.

It’s made of cast iron and it can be caused by whatever chemical is used to clean it (too abrasive) and or standing water if it’s not level when it was installed, which can wear it out over the years. The tub just needs to be sanded down, reapply some enamel paint and glaze. It done all the time with old claw foot tubs. There are companies that do this for $300 instead of ripping out the old cast iron tubs.

Could be but these are deep. More like chips. Having come out of dry dock, I’m just a little surprised.

Gregg

This is 1568, which has the reverse layout of 1260 (bed on the right when you enter the cabin). I'm only posting one image for the purpose of showing that this suite has the exact same decor. Same new carpet, same artwork, even the same pillow on the couch. Therefore you could reasonably expect any GS on Adventure of the Seas will be the same.

One other reason to post this photo is that while 1260 is a connecting cabin, 1568 is not. You can see that 1568 has a different placement for the TV.

IMG_5768.jpg

This is 1568, which has the reverse layout of 1260 (bed on the right when you enter the cabin). I'm only posting one image for the purpose of showing that this suite has the exact same decor. Same new carpet, same artwork, even the same pillow on the couch. Therefore you could reasonably expect any GS on Adventure of the Seas will be the same.

One other reason to post this photo is that while 1260 is a connecting cabin, 1568 is not. You can see that 1568 has a different placement for the TV.

IMG_5768.jpg

I’ll just add I think the TV is a little small for the size of the room but again, it’s not a game changer.

Gregg

Thanks Big_G really appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You’re welcome. We’re having a great time on Adventure. The entertainment has been great and the first night we ate in MTD. The food was excellent.

Gregg

I wish they had DVD players in Gs like most of the smaller ships
This one has a PS3 George. It's on the bottom shelf of the table under the TV.

Yikes....I don't care for the position of the TV...not easy to watch it from the sitting area. Perhaps this is because this GS is a connecting one....if not, just one more reason I would never book a GS.

Hate that wasted dry bar area and limited access to the closet...this is where the JS is the better cabin for us.

Great pics and other info... thank you. We'll be on the Adventure for our first B2B end of June. Also in a Grand Suite (always). I'm addicted... can't do anything below that category!

I'm not sure I remember right but I thought the TV was on the outer wall between the balcony window and door on Freedom Class. It seems to me you could swivel it towards the bed or the sitting area. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure I remember right but I thought the TV was on the outer wall between the balcony window and door on Freedom Class. It seems to me you could swivel it towards the bed or the sitting area. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's where it is on the Navigator of the Seas, as seen below - same size/class ship as Adventure:

IMG_1645.jpg

That's where it is on the Navigator of the Seas, as seen below - same size/class ship as Adventure:

IMG_1645.jpg

I knew we had one or two that were there but I couldn't remember which ships.