Carnival and July 4th

Left from NY on Sunshine...July 4, 2016

They didn't do anything special but I do remember the drink of the day was red, white and blue with some kind of sparkler instead of an umbrella...LOL

We boarded the Inspiration on July 4, 2016. That night, the ship swung close by Catalina Island to watch the fireworks. The Imagination and Miracle were there to watch, too. After the fireworks, all the ships went on our own merry way.

July 4 is my birthday and we will be on the Sunshine for it this year. We didn't plan it specifically as a birthday cruise, it just happened to be a time when we were able to go. I would love to see fireworks at sea but after reading the comments it seems that wont be happening. I'll settle for the red, white, and blue drink instead! :D

We boarded the Inspiration on July 4, 2016. That night, the ship swung close by Catalina Island to watch the fireworks. The Imagination and Miracle were there to watch, too. After the fireworks, all the ships went on our own merry way.

I'll be on the Carnival Panorama leaving on July 4th, 2020. It would be great if Carnival did the same thing again by sailing near Catalina Island to see the fireworks.

We were on the Magic in 2015 over July 4th. It was a sea day and they had some themed activities. They also played a lot of themed music. I got my family some crazy T-Shirts that we wore that day and we had fun. No fireworks but enjoyed they day overall.

I'll be on the Carnival Panorama leaving on July 4th, 2020. It would be great if Carnival did the same thing again by sailing near Catalina Island to see the fireworks.

I guess it depends on the Captain. Hopefully they can do this for your boarding since you board on the 4th and Catalina is just there.