Aft cabins

We had an aft balcony cabin on Deck 7 of Grandeur and I would do it again in a heartbeat! The views leaving ports and at night were completely unobstructed and talk about stunning sunsets! I made a lot of use of the Panoramic photo feature on my phone. I guess there might have been a bit of vibration, but it's so soothing to me that I honestly never noticed it. One thing to note (at least on Grandeur) is that the crew party area is only a few decks below, so if they are partying hard on a major holiday, you will hear their music if you are outside.

We scored a back aft jr suite, deck 7, Liberty, and we did notice vibrations, mostly when we were maneuvering, or when starting back up after being docked. WE LOVED IT, and it has been our favorite stateroom ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have only ever sailed in aft cabins so I couldn't tell you the difference. I suffer from meniere's disease from time to time which means I struggle with my balance and feel sick and dizzy in lifts and mezzanine floors but I can honestly say I have never ever had a problem sailing aft. As far as movement goes - it's like a giant swing and in stormy seas the front and back do get the worst of it but I've not ever been affected by it. In fact I love sitting on my aft balcony on rough sea days just a much as staring at the wake on stunning calm sunset evenings. Must be the sea air!

Wow. These rooms must be popular. We just booked a TP on the Radiance from Sydney to Honolulu In April 2020 thru Cruises Only and they told us the rear facing balconies were all sold out already!

For some reason the aft balconies on Vision class seem to have much more vibration when pulling into and out of port. I never had an issue on Radiance or Voyager class afts, but had an aft on Splendour years ago and I swear it felt like the ship was falling apart when we were docking or leaving!

Wow. These rooms must be popular. We just booked a TP on the Radiance from Sydney to Honolulu In April 2020 thru Cruises Only and they told us the rear facing balconies were all sold out already!

We got so lucky to have gotten one. The corner back afts are extremely popular and sought after! Someday, I hope to snag one!

We got so lucky to have gotten one. The corner back afts are extremely popular and sought after! Someday, I hope to snag one!

Book early! We have decided that we are going to be brave and book out as far as possible. Last night we booked the Adventure for 2/15/20 and were able to get 9690 which is a corner back aft. Really looking forward to it!

The vibration will shake out your dentures and the soot will turn all your clothes black.

The motion throw you out of bed!!

Please leave the aft cabins to us "Afters" who can handle the predicaments.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yup, figured this post was coming up as I scrolled down further. LOL!! :')

On one Serenade 11 night cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, we had an aft (favorite 9256) but were unlucky with rough seas (which can happen down in that southern area). Did not bother me much, but many were sick all over the ship...and it turned my DH into a Zombie. :eek:

Just remember...what goes up, must come down. Think of a seesaw...one end (bow) goes up and the other comes down (aft) and then reverses. Mid ship indeed is best for less motion. (middle of the seesaw). Rolling back and forth side to side can be a joy also...no hiding from that one, but better on lower decks. ;) One time thought I would be thrown out of the bed on a bad night.

Book early! We have decided that we are going to be brave and book out as far as possible. Last night we booked the Adventure for 2/15/20 and were able to get 9690 which is a corner back aft. Really looking forward to it!

We had this cabin a while back. Our only complaint was the flood light one deck up that they use to illuminate the wake at night. It made for a beautiful view but that light was VERY obnoxious on our balcony. We had 8390 (opposite side of the ship) two months ago. I don't know if it was a cost saving thing or a maintenance issue or something else but the wake was never illuminated at night so the light wouldn't have been an issue

We had this cabin a while back. Our only complaint was the flood light one deck up that they use to illuminate the wake at night. It made for a beautiful view but that light was VERY obnoxious on our balcony. We had 8390 (opposite side of the ship) two months ago. I don't know if it was a cost saving thing or a maintenance issue or something else but the wake was never illuminated at night so the light wouldn't have been an issue

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully the light will not be illuminated for our cruise. At any rate, I have no desire to change, we will take what we get and like it!

The vibration will shake out your dentures and the soot will turn all your clothes black.

The motion throw you out of bed!!

Please leave the aft cabins to us "Afters" who can handle the predicaments.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly.