I am officially impressed

mkcurran

When we got on the ship last week my husband got a red card, I got a blue card. We also got a free bottle of water.

I really didn't know what was going on with it all. My husband cruise about 25 years ago with his ex-wife, on a Carnival cruise.

They dug that record out of the dust and gave him the benefits of a red-card cruiser. It even shows on his new VFIP account.

Oftentimes, people have to contact Carnival and show them some sort of proof of an old cruise to get credit for it. Sounds like they were ahead of the game for your husband.

Exactly! I figured that past cruise meant nothing at this point. Turns out I was wrong....Don't tell hubs. :')

When we got on the ship last week my husband got a red card, I got a blue card. We also got a free bottle of water.

I really didn't know what was going on with it all. My husband cruise about 25 years ago with his ex-wife, on a Carnival cruise.

They dug that record out of the dust and gave him the benefits of a red-card cruiser. It even shows on his new VFIP account.

Here are Carnival's VIFP benefits:

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/benefits.aspx

It sounds like you were impressed about receiving a 1 liter bottle of water. I hope you enjoyed your Carnival cruise.

Here are Carnival's VIFP benefits:

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/benefits.aspx

It sounds like you were impressed about receiving a 1 liter bottle of water. I hope you enjoyed your Carnival cruise.

Be careful not to cut yourself on that edge...... :rolleyes:

It "sounds like" the OP was impressed that Carnival assiduously checked their past manifests, found that old, nearly forgotten cruise and -- unasked -- included it for her husband.

But hey, being edgy is cool. All the cool kids do it.

Celebrity impressed us; back in the day (say 15 years ago) you had to pay $25/pp to join the club.

A couple months after we joined, they made it free and promised all paid members a credit on their next cruise with them.

As luck would have it we moved away from the drive to port for X and did not sail them again for over 10 years We forgot about the whole thing.

Until the last day of that second cruise, when we got our bill with an extra $50 credit. I called the purser and asked what it was for and they jogged my memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

even funnier will be if when they take that first GOLD cruise her hubby gets the gold and freebie drink and she DON'T CAUSE she might still be red!!!!

they ought to plan out crossing the red\gold barrier with the same cruise!!!

be careful not to cut yourself on that edge...... :rolleyes:

It "sounds like" the op was impressed that carnival assiduously checked their past manifests, found that old, nearly forgotten cruise and -- unasked -- included it for her husband.

But hey, being edgy is cool. All the cool kids do it.

nice!!

Wow, 25 years ago! Since we're sharing Carnival I'm Impressed stories, I'll share mine. It's about FTTF.

The day before we left for our last cruise, I printed our boarding passes and luggage tags and slipped them into the pocket of one of the bags without looking at them. The next time I saw them was the night before embarkment at our motel. I noticed they had the FTTF logo on them. Since I hadn't booked FTTF I was confused and therefore called customer service. The women on the phone confirmed that I had it. I told her it was mistake and she could remove it. When she asked if there was anything else she could do for me, I told her my concern was that we didn't have access to printer to print new passes and tags. She said it wasn't necessary.

So, we got to the port. It was a hot and humid Florida morning, and after we dropped off our bags and parked our car in the port lot, we could see the long line of people outside the building. We braced ourselves for a miserable wait to get into the building and through security. But, an employee checked our boarding passes as we approached the entrance and waved us right in. That was our first clue that our FTTF status was still active.

After virtually no wait in a security line, another employee checked our boarding pass and directed us to a separate line from the one in which the general population of cruisers were lined up for check-in. There were two families ahead of us. At this point, my husband and I agree that if our FTTF status was actually still active, it was worth whatever we were charged for it. Everything went smoothly so apparently it was still in place. We were fine with that. By the end of the cruise, we were more than glad we had FTTF.

Here's where my story is relevant to the topic. Some weeks after the cruise, we got a call from Carnival. The rep said were due a reimbursement for an excursion we didn't take. I said that we hadn't taken any Carnival excursions. Then it dawned on me that FTTF is considered an excursion. When he told me the amount, it added up. I admitted that we had tried to cancel it, but it didn't get canceled and we made full use of it, so Carnival did not have to reimburse us. What I didn't say was we were never charged for it.

Some of you will say we're suckers for not taking the money. I admit it, I was tempted.

Carnival gave me credit for my cruise in 1990. I had to send a picture we had taken when boarding. But, that's what helped me become Platinum in 2010. It's a shame they changed the rules. My daughter would be Platinum on our cruise in June.

Wow, 25 years ago! Since we're sharing Carnival I'm Impressed stories, I'll share mine. It's about FTTF.

The day before we left for our last cruise, I printed our boarding passes and luggage tags and slipped them into the pocket of one of the bags without looking at them. The next time I saw them was the night before embarkment at our motel. I noticed they had the FTTF logo on them. Since I hadn't booked FTTF I was confused and therefore called customer service. The women on the phone confirmed that I had it. I told her it was mistake and she could remove it. When she asked if there was anything else she could do for me, I told her my concern was that we didn't have access to printer to print new passes and tags. She said it wasn't necessary.

So, we got to the port. It was a hot and humid Florida morning, and after we dropped off our bags and parked our car in the port lot, we could see the long line of people outside the building. We braced ourselves for a miserable wait to get into the building and through security. But, an employee checked our boarding passes as we approached the entrance and waved us right in. That was our first clue that our FTTF status was still active.

After virtually no wait in a security line, another employee checked our boarding pass and directed us to a separate line from the one in which the general population of cruisers were lined up for check-in. There were two families ahead of us. At this point, my husband and I agree that if our FTTF status was actually still active, it was worth whatever we were charged for it. Everything went smoothly so apparently it was still in place. We were fine with that. By the end of the cruise, we were more than glad we had FTTF.

Here's where my story is relevant to the topic. Some weeks after the cruise, we got a call from Carnival. The rep said were due a reimbursement for an excursion we didn't take. I said that we hadn't taken any Carnival excursions. Then it dawned on me that FTTF is considered an excursion. When he told me the amount, it added up. I admitted that we had tried to cancel it, but it didn't get canceled and we made full use of it, so Carnival did not have to reimburse us. What I didn't say was we were never charged for it.

Some of you will say we're suckers for not taking the money. I admit it, I was tempted.

Now THAT is a color me impressed story! I wouldn't have taken the money either. Would've been tempted, but in the end, would've felt like I was just inviting bad karma to my door step if I had done so. Might not have disclosed that we hadn't been charged anyway, but definitely wouldn't have taken the money.

when NCL and then other cruise lines started their loyalty programs we dug into our stash of mementos at the time and dug out the original credit card receipt from our first carnival cruise along with maybe our old timey "papers"

anyone remember the old blue covered boarding folders Carnival used to mail out to your travel agent and you'd pick em up and dig into the thing with such excitement? you'd have cardstock luggage tags, the triplicate on board acc't forms, boarding pass and all sorts of papery goodness to pour over in those packages

Royal C still sends a link via email to print your own boarding package today. Its a much more substantial wad of paperwork than is needed to board and plenty of people still do print the whole magillah out for stockpiling their memories. ( we tossed about 90% of all this old crap last fall in our move ) realizing our %@#5 34oi]sy !!!1 kids will never look at any of it and probably burn it all in the burn barrel out back as soon as we kick the bucket anyway!!!

anyway, in agreement with many here, we used the docs to prove our first carnival cruise on the CARNIVALE way back in the early 80's when we took our carnival cruise #2 and got the ball rolling on repeat cruiser status too!