New Cruise Terminal for Sydney finally

So you reckon P&O Australia ships and Carnival Spirit could berth there? :rolleyes::oStandby for incoming.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that my answer may tend to incriminate me.

But seriously it needs to be close to the city in my opinion.

That’s what people want to see,Sydney harbour.

it’s our big draw card.

As for the over seas passengers terminal,

My mate a few years ago turned up early about 10 to get on and hit the bar.

Because of a virus the had to wait until 2 to board.

Standing in the hot sun ,no shade and knowing there’s refreshments onboard.

ALCOHOLIC STRESS.

He said it was a bad start to his holiday.

As for the overseas passenger terminal,it needs a make over .

Especially a covered waiting area.with 5000 passengers waiting to board a ship and there’s a storm.what a disaster?

Has anybody had concerns about that ,while waiting?

You must be new to cruising Chliburn..the OPT underwent a fifty million dollar plus refurb a couple of years ago to accomodate the " Ovation" sized vessels but sadly the footprint of the terminal cannot be extended any further. Unfortunately the addition of the new James Squire brewery bar on the the old Doyle's area means the only possible extra terminal area available for extension is now not an option .

Cruise lines cannot control the weather but if passengers comply with suggested check in times where possible there is adequate shelter within and around the terminal to keep everybody dry...... no concerns 👌

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that my answer may tend to incriminate me.

But I will give you a Section 10 Dismissal old son, you know ye ode Section 556A of the Crimes Act - Proved but no conviction, lol.:hearteyes:

But I will give you a Section 10 Dismissal old son, you know ye ode Section 556A of the Crimes Act - Proved but no conviction, lol.:hearteyes:

Those was the days, 556A your Worship (now have tocalk beaks, Your Horor, you know)

You must be new to cruising Chliburn..the OPT underwent a fifty million dollar plus refurb a couple of years ago to accomodate the " Ovation" sized vessels but sadly the footprint of the terminal cannot be extended any further. Unfortunately the addition of the new James Squire brewery bar on the the old Doyle's area means the only possible extra terminal area available for extension is now not an option .

Cruise lines cannot control the weather but if passengers comply with suggested check in times where possible there is adequate shelter within and around the terminal to keep everybody dry...... no concerns ��

Time for the embarkation police to prevent access to the OPT if prior to your given check in time, then Graham. When 3000 pax turn up at 11am it is chaos.:rolleyes:

Cruise lines cannot control the weather but if passengers comply with suggested check in times where possible there is adequate shelter within and around the terminal to keep everybody dry...... no concerns 👌

Yes I’m only new to cruising,manly ferry is the biggest ship I’ve been on.

If you read the start of the thread it’s about a circular quay makeover.

Not my post.

Time for the embarkation police to prevent access to the OPT if prior to your given check in time, then Graham. When 3000 pax turn up at 11am it is chaos.:rolleyes:

No need for the embarkation police Uncle Les........the only time there is any "real" problem is when there is an unforeseeable / unavoidable crash in the computer system or the like or when embarkation is delayed because the passengers on the previous cruised disregard cleanliness protocol and the ship needs to do a deep clean because of a Noro (GI) outbreak. :mad::mad:

That’s what people want to see,Sydney harbour.

it’s our big draw card.

As for the over seas passengers terminal,

My mate a few years ago turned up early about 10 to get on and hit the bar.

Because of a virus the had to wait until 2 to board.

Standing in the hot sun ,no shade and knowing there’s refreshments onboard.

ALCOHOLIC STRESS.

He said it was a bad start to his holiday.

A short walk would have led your friend to a number of bars and cafes around Circular Quay and in the Rocks. No need to stand in the sun for hours.

A short walk would have led your friend to a number of bars and cafes around Circular Quay and in the Rocks. No need to stand in the sun for hours.

Indeed the Sydney sun is harsh, one need to keep one's fluids up.:halo::hearteyes:

Plenty of watering holes around the Quay area.

I am more or less over hearing about them 'investigating' a solution for an additional Sydney terminal. Why has all this money been spent (and is continuing to be spent) when there has been no solid outcome or even a hint at an outcome. Wasn't there an options report of sorts lodged with the NSW Government last year? What happened to that? Honestly, its not as if this really needs to be investigated - the only two options are Garden Island and Port Botany, and both of them have their pitfalls... but the Government just seems to be skipping around these two options in hopes that a third one will magically appear out of the mist. Its time to start making some concrete decisions.

Reminds me of a Yes Minister episode where things run so much smoother without the constituents. In this case it is 'Embarkation would be so much smoother without all the passengers'.

Hospital wasn’t it, with no patients.

I had a hard time finding my cabin,when I did people kept coming in and wanting to go to the toilet.

When we started cruising they would show you to your cabin, ahhhhh those were the days

but the Government just seems to be skipping around these two options in hopes that a third one will magically appear out of the mist. Its time to start making some concrete decisions.

It's so they can keep saying they're "doing something" i.e. looking at options and awaiting expert advice - rather than making any decision that may annoy someone.

The opposite of actual good governance of course, but that doesn't stop them.

As for that report, it's been tabled some time ago and they're sitting on it... like many others.