Best Practical Jokes on Board?? Harmless suggestions?

Where are people buying these huge step ladders from?

You know Rick, the ones they use to climb off their high horses!

I've been cruising for almost 30 years.. from seeing everyone almost recognizing each other on board over the week & actually holding elevators for each other to people giving a care less like they own the Billion Dollar Ship they are on. As we move from 5 million guests per year to 25 - 30 Million per year you get many personalities... including ones on this post who have to take this in directions it was never meant to be.... Simple, clean fun between families traveling together playing simple gags on each other to make memories.

For Instance, one of the friends nick-name is "Mr. Surf rider" - why, because he's 50+ years old and showed up all the kiddies on how to surf on the simulator.

I really want to thank all the fun people out there who put on an extra happy face when there on vacation & let their HARMLESS joking side poke out over the week... Not every minute, not to be invasive or disruptive to others, but to have FUN.... That is what this is about !!! If you don't enjoy this on vacation - we don't want it to affect anyone than the intended audience. You can keep your style of humor (however it may be) but let's apply the KISS principal to this thread

Thanks for the support!

Whenever we travel with someone new we always arrange to meet at 10pm in the champagne bar on one night (lgbt meet there) and then don’t show up but observe from a distance the awkwardness as the straight people get talking to the gays.

Seriously!?! This is a borderline hate crime.

I agree.... Wow!

It sounds like something Archie Bunker would do or say..

:eek:

I agree.... Wow!

It sounds like something Archie Bunker would do or say..

:eek:

Thank you. “The gays”, as if there is something wrong with them. It’s 2018 people.

I don’t necessarily think that small practical jokes are bad, as long as it it kept to your family and friends, and obviously won’t injure someone, damage property etc.

One harmless joke we have done is change seats when someone goes to the bathroom etc. We just move down several tables still in sight of the previous one, but not easily viewed by the prankee. The looks of confusion are priceless when they get back and look around. Sometimes it takes a few times before they realize what’s happening. To me, it is a joke that does not harm anyone, and doesn’t involve any innocent bystanders. (The best place we have ever done this was at a hockey game...we did it to my step mom, just moved over two sections. She kept walking out and back in, looking at her ticket)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t necessarily think that small practical jokes are bad, as long as it it kept to your family and friends, and obviously won’t injure someone, damage property etc.

One harmless joke we have done is change seats when someone goes to the bathroom etc. We just move down several tables still in sight of the previous one, but not easily viewed by the prankee. The looks of confusion are priceless when they get back and look around. Sometimes it takes a few times before they realize what’s happening. To me, it is a joke that does not harm anyone, and doesn’t involve any innocent bystanders. (The best place we have ever done this was at a hockey game...we did it to my step mom, just moved over two sections. She kept walking out and back in, looking at her ticket)

Get ready for anyone that has ever waited tables to tell you why this is wrong in a restaurant.

I gotta stop reading this thread.

Thank you. “The gays”, as if there is something wrong with them. It’s 2018 people.

I never said there was anything wrong with them you fool,it is funny watching a single straight man surrounded by gay men and him looking anywhere but at them because he was out of his comfort zone.

I’d do the exact same thing if there was a meeting of playboy bunnies and it would have the same result.

Get ready for anyone that has ever waited tables to tell you why this is wrong in a restaurant.

I gotta stop reading this thread.

Good cause your comments are pointless.I bet your great Craic to meet onboard said no one ever.

“I never said there was anything wrong with them you fool,it is funny watching a single straight man surrounded by gay men and him looking anywhere but at them because he was out of his comfort zone.

I’d do the exact same thing if there was a meeting of playboy bunnies and it would have the same result.”

Good cause your comments are pointless.I bet your great Craic to meet onboard said no one ever.

Yay!! Name calling! What’s a Craic? I don’t know that one

You know me. I’m the one holding doors, over tipping, smiling at strangers, helping those with small children and not doing stupid stuff that marginalizes people or makes crew members’ jobs harder.

Edited by gobo2
formatting

Actually the electricity bill was the CDs idea when we met at the past guest party. Geeze, I'm soooo sorry I took your valuable time away from contributing other negative comments. Can we not keep things light hearted & funny without the Haters..... Its freaking vacation? Oh, guess what? Crew like a funny harmless gag also ! They are on a ship 6 months in a row SERVING people! Playfulness makes their day enjoyable too!

I asked for Haters to stay away . Is this too much to ask?

Lets have a little fun:):)😀

PS. Love the snake gag!!!

Cheers

Cruizer Rick

Did you ask them. Could you read their minds as to what they really thought?

DON

I think the joke was on the straight friends, as was the awkwardness.

Rick, I'll bet you never expected to get this much hate for trying to have fun (or is this whole thread an elaborate practical joke on your part?)!

After ordering your meal, everyone at the table shift places before the food comes back.

I love a practical joke and will play them on folks. I have rules and they are (1) not to allow my joke to put more work onto another person and (2) don't use strangers and/or their livestyles as part of my jokes. These are my rules for very good reason. One should never cause anyone additional work (sending unwanted room service) and no one should make folks feel uncomfortable (which would be both the friends of the person sending them to an LGBT meeting and those at the meeting who I'm sure would be offended if they knew they were the butt of a joke). But then, I try to take other people's feelings into account when I play my pranks on my friends.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Whenever we travel with someone new we always arrange to meet at 10pm in the champagne bar on one night (lgbt meet there) and then don’t show up but observe from a distance the awkwardness as the straight people get talking to the gays.

This is not only not funny . It is pathetic.

I think the joke was on the straight friends, as was the awkwardness.

Rick, I'll bet you never expected to get this much hate for trying to have fun (or is this whole thread an elaborate practical joke on your part?)!

After ordering your meal, everyone at the table shift places before the food comes back.

No Jake.. I never expected even being moved from the RCL Board to Ask a Cruise Question.....I imagined someone might balk, but it's so sad... And BTW this was not just a practical joke for the boards (good analogy though - to make a joke about jokes).

:(

Just checked my roll call and I will be on the same cruise as you... I'm willing to be an unfamiliar voice on the phone if you need it for a prank!

Serious ?? That would be too awesome !! Let's plan to meet at the Meet & Mingle !

Did you ask them. Could you read their minds as to what they really thought?

DON

Yes DON - In fact, I do ask !!!! I have stated all along to keep this simple - do not involve others that are unwilling or unknown!

Several years ago the table next to us played a harmless prank on the wait staff. To those who concern themselves with such things, it did not cause any more work for anyone nor cost anything as all items were used in one form or fashion.

When the wait staff took their orders and headed off to the kitchen, the folks seated at the table took all of the metal cutlery and hid them under the napkin in the breadbasket. They then replaced each setting with plastic knifes, forks, and spoons. The double takes and looks on the faces of the wait staff upon their return were priceless!

walk to the side of the ship - the rail - point and say loudly WHALES .......

then proceed to the bar at which there is no longer a line as everyone is now looking for the . . . .

I think you are out of line, this is not cool for many reasons.

:rolleyes:

I think you are out of line, this is not cool for many reasons.

Like what.

If I sent him into a bar full of beautiful woman and watched him been awkward would that also be not cool.

I don’t see your point

I've never found embarrassing others or adding to a person's workload terribly funny. Those that do might consider how truly funny they would find it were these "pranks" practiced on them.