Best Practical Jokes on Board?? Harmless suggestions?

CruiserRick,

I fully understand where you are coming from when it comes to harmless innocent fun, gags & tomfoolery between one another in your group. A few replies to your post had some really good idea's. However, you just never know when the most (safe & innocent) of pranks will snowball out of control & escalate into something not intended at all. It's just not worth it. The cost of the cruise is thousands of dollars$$. It's just not worth it.

:cool:

WOW man is all that I can say!! Not friends? How many people hug the employees after a great week ? Equal ?? Wow, so because they work on a Cruise Ship they are your servants & not equal? PEOPLE... PLEASE KEEP THIS LITE-HEARTED!! If I have a waiter or cabin person that is not playful, jovial, smiling etc (you can feel a vibe)... I won't involve them, simple as that! No one should feel uncomfortable!

Can we please get on the harmless fun this post is meant for ???

Lots of simple gags on here being received by someone who treats them as fair play, and part of vacation. GEEZE!

Indeed, cruise staff are not our friends. They are employees of the cruise line with jobs and remuneration that depends in large part on the satisfaction of customers.

If a consenting group want to have fun pulling pranks on each other, I have no objection. Have at it. Hopefully they stop and consider just who might be affected before embarking on a prank.

Staff cannot be consenting because of the nature of the relationship. Anything that forces staff to do something they would otherwise not have to do, or worry about something needlessly is not funny and there is no light hearted way to look at it. It is workplace abuse.

Indeed, cruise staff are not our friends. They are employees of the cruise line with jobs and remuneration that depends in large part on the satisfaction of customers.

If a consenting group want to have fun pulling pranks on each other, I have no objection. Have at it. Hopefully they stop and consider just who might be affected before embarking on a prank.

Staff cannot be consenting because of the nature of the relationship. Anything that forces staff to do something they would otherwise not have to do, or worry about something needlessly is not funny and there is no light hearted way to look at it. It is workplace abuse.

I agree with this. They may be laughing at your jokes but that is what they are paid to do. Doesn't mean that they like it or actually think that you are funny.

my BF and I take an annual cruise. She smokes and I don't. She went down to smoke before bed and the room steward had already been in. I moved his towel animal and had been hoarding hand towels, wash cloths and towels. I made my own towel person. It was an adult towel. He was lying on her bed with 2 things in hand. One was her book she had been reading. I'm sure you can imagine the other thing. She liked to die. I had it all recorded, priceless. She really thought the steward had done it. We saved it for him and he also took pics and showed his crew mates.

Hello Everyone,

Family of 4 sailing with friends (family of 4) on Harmony in July. Last time we sailed with these friends we love to play harmless practical jokes on board.

I'd love some new material for this cruise coming up. Here is a few of my favorite (that I can share).

• Room Service with the worst menu items 30 minutes before actual room service should arrive.
  • Electrical surcharge invoice for over usage of A/C (invoice slipped under door toward end of cruise) or Water surcharge for using too much water
  • Vegan dinner menu for 1st night
  • Birthday Celebration - even if not a Birthday :)

These are all done in pure jest, only to be playful on vacation.... Please let me know if you have any fun material that you can share.

No haters please, this is in spirit of good fun & I'd like to keep this post in the same spirit!

Help me win this years joker battle!

Actually the electricity bill was the CDs idea when we met at the past guest party. Geeze, I'm soooo sorry I took your valuable time away from contributing other negative comments. Can we not keep things light hearted & funny without the Haters..... Its freaking vacation? Oh, guess what? Crew like a funny harmless gag also ! They are on a ship 6 months in a row SERVING people! Playfulness makes their day enjoyable too!

I asked for Haters to stay away . Is this too much to ask?

Lets have a little fun:):)😀

PS. Love the snake gag!!!

Cheers

Cruizer Rick

Isn´t it against the community guidelines to post under several accounts???

Rick, if you know that the pranks will be well-received, then I think it's a great idea. If I was the recipient of these gags, I would enjoy the creativity that went into it. I especially liked the excess water/electrical bills. But I do agree not to get the staff involved, as they are busy enough.

Just today, a coworker put a fake rat in his neighbor's cabinet. She squealed when she saw it, then laughed.

The "throwing lounge chairs off the side of the ship" was one of the funniest comments I read today.

Our group played a joke on our wait-staff in MDR. We realised that the dessert menus are double sided, and that last night's menu was on the back of tonight's one handed out to us. So we all turned them over in the folder and started to order our desserts, ordering from last nights menu with straight faces. The waiter got all confused, looked at our menus, raced to the other table where he had just handed out their dessert menus, and now was even more confused, as their ones were of course correct.

Eventually he realised what we had done & we all had a good laugh, and we had a few more laughs on subsequent nights. All good fun.

Along similar lines, we had running jokes going with our wait staff one cruise. Things like spelling things out in pepper on the table after they walked away (we cleaned it up ourselves), etc. Our favorite though was the last formal night, after our waiter took our orders, we cleared everything off the table (putting it in our laps), and reset the table with plastic plates, cups, utensils, etc that we had borrowed from the Windjammer. Our assistant waiter came back first and doubled over with laughter. Our headwaiter then saw it and doubled over with laughter. Other waiters and assistant waiters delayed their departure from the station near us to see our waiter's reaction. He walked up with a full tray, did a double take, and kept walking to the station. And then doubled over with laughter.

Another cruise we had a large group of us, with some in traditional dining and some in My Time. The traditional folks had a table in the center of the bottom of the dining room, and our tables happened to overlook theirs. So we, along with our awesome waitstaff (who gave us some suggestions on what to do), had fun. One night, we sent down a plate of broccoli for a person at the table we knew doesn't eat vegetables (don't worry someone else at the table ate it). As this was a Canada/New England cruise, in one of the last ports we bought a stuffed lobster toy, and then our waiters delivered it down to their table on a silver platter under a dome. The entire dining room was trying to figure out what was going on with this big production coming down the stairs into the middle of the dining room.

Wait, are we talking about pranks on other people in your group? Or on random strangers/crew?

If the latter, I would definitely have to agree, not funny and not harmless. Don't mess with strangers, it's just common sense... Especially if they handle your food!

But if you're talking about friends and family, people you already know, then game on, I guess.

As the OP, this is ONLY meant for our friends we are traveling with.... NEVER once was it meant for or toward others... enjoy your vacation, we would NEVER want to intrude into other strangers vacations. As for the crew, you have to be selective & make sure that if you bring them into it that they appreciate it without being pressured.

Isn´t it against the community guidelines to post under several accounts???

Thanks Paulxyz - Never meant that, as I use several machines... Admin, if you are reading this you may DELETE "Cruiser Rick" handle, becuase Paulxyz thinks that I was intentionally trying to inflate or who knows what by this post??

Haters going to hate - Geeze - again!

Edited by cruizer rick

Along similar lines, we had running jokes going with our wait staff one cruise. Things like spelling things out in pepper on the table after they walked away (we cleaned it up ourselves), etc. Our favorite though was the last formal night, after our waiter took our orders, we cleared everything off the table (putting it in our laps), and reset the table with plastic plates, cups, utensils, etc that we had borrowed from the Windjammer. Our assistant waiter came back first and doubled over with laughter. Our headwaiter then saw it and doubled over with laughter. Other waiters and assistant waiters delayed their departure from the station near us to see our waiter's reaction. He walked up with a full tray, did a double take, and kept walking to the station. And then doubled over with laughter.

Another cruise we had a large group of us, with some in traditional dining and some in My Time. The traditional folks had a table in the center of the bottom of the dining room, and our tables happened to overlook theirs. So we, along with our awesome waitstaff (who gave us some suggestions on what to do), had fun. One night, we sent down a plate of broccoli for a person at the table we knew doesn't eat vegetables (don't worry someone else at the table ate it). As this was a Canada/New England cruise, in one of the last ports we bought a stuffed lobster toy, and then our waiters delivered it down to their table on a silver platter under a dome. The entire dining room was trying to figure out what was going on with this big production coming down the stairs into the middle of the dining room.

THIS RIGHT HERE IS AWESOME!!! THANK YOU wrp96 Did you read how the crew (who love a good joke after being on the sea for almost 6 months) DOUBLED OVER with LAUGHTER!!! Did you read how someone ATE the Broccoli, and did you hear how they CLEANED UP after THEMSELVES...

Thank you for those who (in the spirit of the original post) have shared funny times!!!

A Stuffed Lobster- AWESOME.

You can always take a clue from some of the threads on the Carnival forum.

When the luggage is delivered, take a piece of the luggage and hide it in your cabin. Have it mysteriously reappear outside the cabin door the last day of the cruise.

I know, not funny, but it seems to happen on Carnival according to some of the recent threads.

You can always take a clue from some of the threads on the Carnival forum.

When the luggage is delivered, take a piece of the luggage and hide it in your cabin. Have it mysteriously reappear outside the cabin door the last day of the cruise.

I know, not funny, but it seems to happen on Carnival according to some of the recent threads.

Funny about Carnival.. but we do not want to bring in or intrude in other strangers vacation(s)...

Whenever we travel with someone new we always arrange to meet at 10pm in the champagne bar on one night (lgbt meet there) and then don’t show up but observe from a distance the awkwardness as the straight people get talking to the gays.

I'm sure your room steward had a blast. Hope he took care of you or at least your toothbrushes.

Actually she did enjoy it and reciprocated the rest of the cruise by hiding stuff in different places each day to surprise us. Downside is there's only so many places to hide a rubber hand or snake over ten days. I don't brush so it's not a concern.

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

I agree. People working on ships are not your friends or even equal in the relationship.

Well I guess it depends on several factors. We have sailed several times with the same crew who recall our names, kid's names, and our preferences. More than once we have been invited to their homes to meet their family and eat. Our long time traveling companions are the God parents of a crew member's son and we have been invited to one crew person's wedding. We have gone to San Francisco to pick up a crew member and taken them to dinner.

So, I guess you get what you give; especially if you don't consider them equals.

Here's a classic one, bring a fun size Tootsie roll. Form it into a turd shape.

Plant it in a friend's room when they are not looking, then "find" it and say there must be rats. Pick it up, smell it and take a bite.

Hat tip, Caddyshack.

Whenever we travel with someone new we always arrange to meet at 10pm in the champagne bar on one night (lgbt meet there) and then don’t show up but observe from a distance the awkwardness as the straight people get talking to the gays.

Seriously!?! This is a borderline hate crime.

Okay so you have intrigued me and I love all the ideas! Some of these things I’d do to my family in my cabin!

Maybe if you have a balcony cabin you can write a message with lipstick on the glass such as “Hi or Please open the door”

The Allure has no deck 13. You can plan a meeting at the bowling alley on 13. I once asked a kid to hit 13 on the elevator. Is that cruel? His Dad started searching the buttons instead, and I fessed up.

The Allure has no deck 13. You can plan a meeting at the bowling alley on 13. I once asked a kid to hit 13 on the elevator. Is that cruel? His Dad started searching the buttons instead, and I fessed up.

We like to announce the floors as we stop at each one: "Housewares, Shoes, Menswear, etc"