Captain Table

uncfes

Not as they did when there were formal nights. Now there are what are called Senior Officer tables. They are hosted by 1 of the Sr officers and are held in one of the Speciality Restaurants. We have been to 1 in Qusine hosted by the Staff Captain & 2 in Tuscan one hosted by the Hotel Director & one hosted by the F & B Mgr and HR Director.

Much more relaxed, no being paraded through the MDR and having 100s watching what was going on.

With so many dining venues now there is no longer a Captains Table in the main dining room.

Sometimes there are officer hosted dinners in a specialty restaurant. Invited guests are usually high end suite passengers or elite level loyalty guests.

We've done 2 Captain table dinners in the past, not something I'm a fan of, but my husband enjoyed it.

Thanks

For us it’s more about the food pairing than having dinner with the crew. On the Harmony they had a curtained off area, Millinumn in a side meeting area. Other ships it’s been a while so I forget...LOL ;)

Thanks

For us it’s more about the food pairing than having dinner with the crew. On the Harmony they had a curtained off area, Millinumn in a side meeting area. Other ships it’s been a while so I forget...LOL ;)

I think it may be the Chefs table you are interested in not the Captains table....Celebrity does do one subject to interest. If you speak to guest relations on boarding they will hopefully be able to help you. Alternatively speak to the M’D in Murano’s.

Sailing the Eclipse this December and while poking around the website see nothing about a Captains Table.

We love dinner experience at CT do they still do one?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I was lucky enough got invited to dine with the Captain and four other officers at Murano on my last Transatlantic.

It was my most special and memorable cruise.

Thank you Celebrity.

I just sent a request to Celebrity to have our spots reserved at the Captain's Table beginning 28 May on our cruise. I'm almost sure they know how important we are and how the Captain will want to be seen with us. He may have seen photos of us recently at a very large wedding in the U.K. :-)

The Captain's Club host or hostess coordinates the Officer's Table invitations, but it's usually something that can't be requested by a passenger. The Officer hosting the table might put in a request if he or she knows a passenger from a past cruise, the top cruisers usually get invitations, sometimes someone celebrating a big anniversary might get an invitation, but there's no formula that can predict who will get invited to dine at an Officer's Table on any given cruise.

How does one get invited to the Captains table?

There is no Captains table as has been stated in previous posts. There are occasional dinners hosted by officers in some of the specialty dining venues.

Cruisestitchs post above explains how certain people get invited

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were invited by the CC host as she said she had noticed how kind we were to others .

On another cruise the CC host told us that a cruiser wrote up a nasty report about him as he did not invite them to the captains table. Cruiser claimed they always eat with the captain and expected .. Not someone I would want to share a dinner with or any of my cruising time!!

We were invited by the CC host as she said she had noticed how kind we were to others

Well dang it, anyway. There goes our invitation. And all this time I thought we were 'this close'. Maybe I should try being nice, eh? :evilsmile:

I just sent a request to Celebrity to have our spots reserved at the Captain's Table beginning 28 May on our cruise. I'm almost sure they know how important we are and how the Captain will want to be seen with us. He may have seen photos of us recently at a very large wedding in the U.K. :-)

Good one.....still laughing.