Ncl epic - is the air con too cold?

CRAZYCROSS

Hi everyone

Has any one been on the Epic Med cruise. We are due to go on it at the beginning of June and want to know how cold the main venues of the ship are.

In October, we were on the NCL Pride of America in Hawaii and the dining and entertainment venues were really cold. So cold that I couldn't wear any of the nice dresses I had brought with me - trousers every night - and I had to have a shawl over my shoulders in the theatre at night. :mad: People were walking around with fleeces over their outfits.

Any feedback would be appreciated as I need to decide what to take.:)

been content with the ship temps on almost all ships, but our last sailing, a few weeks ago on the Dawn to Bermuda I thought I would freeze cause I was to stupid to bring much of a cover up: no sweater. To be fair, most of the 7 days the weather was pretty cool outside. I will never again go without, at least a sweater, maybe even 2.

On the first western Med sailing this year, I did not find the AC in the public rooms too cold, but I tend to run warm. On the other hand, I did not see many people, even women in sleeveless dresses, putting on sweaters inside. (I had brought a cotton sweater just in case, and I think this is prudent if you have any concern at all.) I did wear a jacket one morning in the outdoor café.

There is a thermostat for the temperature in your cabin.

On the first western Med sailing this year, I did not find the AC in the public rooms too cold, but I tend to run warm. On the other hand, I did not see many people, even women in sleeveless dresses, putting on sweaters inside. (I had brought a cotton sweater just in case, and I think this is prudent if you have any concern at all.) I did wear a jacket one morning in the outdoor café.

There is a thermostat for the temperature in your cabin.

Thanks for the tips regarding a sweater/jacket. Would you please post copies of your dailies? Thank you.

I started laughing when reading your concern. It is totally valid... I find when in warmer climates - businesses tend to run the AC @ max. Even when headed to hot/tropical environments I always take a sweater, fleece or jacket :cool:. On our cruises, I still wear the clothes I want in the evening & wrap a shawl or pashmina around me for warmth. I generally pack a pashmina in my carry-on to use as a blanket on the flight.

I have lived in Alaska for 17 years -- but this is not new for me. Even when I lived in Texas, Louisiana & Florida - I experienced the same challenge on a daily basis...

Many thanks for all your answers. I'll pack in a few cardigans to take with me and hope for the best. I did have cardigans and a shawl with me on th eHawaii cruise and I was still freezing - it spoiled the evening time a bit.