Just off of Indy - photos!

Celebrity has always had Michaels club, and I don’t believe it was ever a cigar lounge. And I didn’t say anything about smoking in The Haven. NCL has BEAUTIFUL dedicated cigar lounges. Small but well appointed with a fantastic ventilation system the prevents and smell from escaping. You wouldn’t even know it was there unless you went looking for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Summit and other ships of that class Michaels club has been transformed into michaels club. Not certain if Michaels club on the other classes of celebrity ship were also previously a cigar lounge. As a person with a medical background, I am not going to debate the negative aspects of smoking and second hand smoke to you, but have sailed and traveled many places over the years and haven’t ever experienced a ventilation system that eliminates 100% of the smell of smoking.

Celebrity has always had Michaels club, and I don’t believe it was ever a cigar lounge. And I didn’t say anything about smoking in The Haven. NCL has BEAUTIFUL dedicated cigar lounges. Small but well appointed with a fantastic ventilation system the prevents and smell from escaping. You wouldn’t even know it was there unless you went looking for it.

I smoked my first cigar and began smoking cigars in a Michael's club in about 2004 or 2005 on Century. I won the cigars at a lecture. I loved the atmosphere of the club. I always enjoy smoking cigars in an indoor lounge but am now finding myself checking for a cigar lounge indoors or not booking. We did a Scandinavian cruise on Celebrity Silhouette. Yep the only place to smoke was outside up on top. Absolutely couldn't smoke up there it was about 40 degrees and blowing. If it is a warm cruise Ok, I can smoke outside. But that is the choice. I understand people's desire to avoid cigar smoke, but the cruise lines need to provide an indoor venue. They provide venues for nearly everything else.

In more enlightened parts of the world smoking is banned in all public places.

It's lucky they let you smoke on the lower deck let alone force you to go on the top deck.

The lower deck is vomit enducing when walking through.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Except for most of Europe, where smoking in public places seems to be fairly common.

In terms of the cigar lounge, it doesn’t matter if a technology was developed to make it so you could not smell smoke at all, and filter out all the smoke, people still wouldn’t want a dedicated cigar lounge, they just don’t like the idea of it. It’s the whole “because I don’t like it/am allergic to it, that means no one can do it, even if there was a way to ensure it wouldn’t affect me” attitude.

Isn’t it funny, thread started off with photos of Indy refurbishment and last 2 pages has changed to all about smoking on other cruise lines[emoji15][emoji848][emoji85]

Par for the course for Cruise Critic.

Just got on Independence.

We have a massive plate each of Scampi and chips only $6 each from fish and chips and I've got a pint of Newcastle Brown Ale.[ATTACH]422173[/ATTACH]

Nice balcony cabin on the hump.

As per a previous poster the cabin's haven't been changed during the refit.IMG_20180528_133622.thumb.jpg.d37ca70aebdd84642d14aadc885a7674.jpg

Just got on Independence.

We have a massive plate each of Scampi and chips only $6 each from fish and chips and I've got a pint of Newcastle Brown Ale.[ATTACH]422173[/ATTACH]

Enjoy the cruise, was there a change to the itinerary?

Am I right in saying they continue to refurb the ship while it's on the water on the transatlantic trip back to the States.

Carpets etc and soft furnishings

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The refurb on Indie is finished, general maintenance from now on.

We have what was a D1 balcony on deck 10 . The cabins are fine. No stains on the carpet , clean couch/settee.

If you are booked on Navigator any time soon I would be worried, that ship was filthy, the settees in both cabins we had were disgusting and yet she had a drydock maybe 3 -4 years ago when they added the new deck 12 cabins. The seating in the DL on Navigator was full of stains . Thank goodness we have no future cruises on her.