Bad Behavior by Carnival result in Lawsuit

hubofhockey

Did you watch the same video as the rest of us? And the WHOLE video? They DID expose his room number when the wife of the assailant was with security. They showed his photo file- the one that is in use ALL OVER the ship such as when you buy a drink or try to embark/debark. Next time you're on board any line, pay closer attention to what actually pops up on that little screen. The wife noticed the man's room number, told her husband, and that is how he ended up at Mr. Sun's room. When Mr. Sun called, ship's security came and took him away, basically accusing him of a crime, asking him to confess, and denying him medical attention. Worse, when they FINALLY looked at the the security footage it was Mr. Sun who had to point out to the supposed security personnel that the person on the screen wasn't him because he has many tattoos and the person on screen had none. Their apology was basically well, sorry, I mean, you're both Asian.

If you find no wrong in any of that then you're clueless. I can only hope this doesn't one day happen to you or someone you love. Maybe then you'd care.

And, again, you are only seeing one side of the story, and that from someone who pieced together photos from various sources (1997 sign and sail card, "interrogation room" isn't from a ship, etc, etc). You have no input from Carnival, no input from the family whose child was accosted, just the man's story.

Or, like anyone else in the world accused of a crime FOR AN HOUR when when they were innocent, he can go on with his life and Carnival can continue doing business as usual. And future passengers, especially those with kids, can feel safer knowing they take these things seriously.

You do realize he was attacked by the Father of the young girl?? And, they only reason the Father knew whose room to go to was because the room # was shown when shwoing pictures to child. Groos negligence on Carnival's part. How would you feel if you were on vacation, wrongly accused of a horrible action, and then beat up at the same time?!!

Pat

clickbait

It is clickbait and should be sued. The video is pure hearsay. The cruise contract is clear on lawsuits - first you would have to get the contract dismissed, would you not?

Aren't most security personnel on Carnival from India? Clearly this is not some white supremist BS - at least on the part of Carnival.

It appears this was an Australian sailing, and the Australian contract specifics NSW courts as having jurisdiction? So while US and Australian law have a common base, we've also had a long time to diverge as well.

Were it in a US court, I would say he'd have a strong case against Carnival for the assault by a fellow passenger after divulging his room number to the assailant's wife. And for all those who want to talk about citizen's arrest, I highly recommend you look it up in your state before trying it. There is a reason most stores are very reluctant to detail shoplifters anymore. Now, I'm not saying it would apply to the Captain or his delegate, but for anyone in the US who is not a law enforcement officer acting in his or her official capacity, detaining anyone against their will is very danger from a liability standpoint.

Half a story by a self-absorbed blogger. Check. Sea lawyers on this thread. Check. Cruise line apologists on this thread. Check. And now that we have a completely insane comparison to white supremacy, I’d say this thread is complete. Gotta love these boards.

Once again, thank you Paul and Chief for providing your expertise on this matter and trying to keep the nonsense at bay.

I love when members from other boards come over to the Carnival board to point out the line's faults.

There really aren't memberships to boards here and I posted it here because it's relevant to Carnival.

Another problem for Carnival here was denying John Sun medical attention when he requested it. This is bad behavior and no way for it to treat guests. I would say this about any cruise line. They detained him for 90 minutes (almost until 1 am. They made a racially sensitive remark, and they denied him medical care. All for that, they offered him a free dinner. They ruined his vacation and, at the very least, they should have returned his cost of the cruise and transportation and hotel costs. It's possible that they since have increased their offer, but his request for $100,000 is not unreasonable. The Carnival employee involved in the 90 minute detention as well as the person making the remark about Asians looking alike should be sent for some extra training as well. Carnival failed John Sun.

There really aren't memberships to boards here and I posted it here because it's relevant to Carnival.

Another problem for Carnival here was denying John Sun medical attention when he requested it. This is bad behavior and no way for it to treat guests. I would say this about any cruise line. They detained him for 90 minutes (almost until 1 am. They made a racially sensitive remark, and they denied him medical care. All for that, they offered him a free dinner. They ruined his vacation and, at the very least, they should have returned his cost of the cruise and transportation and hotel costs. It's possible that they since have increased their offer, but his request for $100,000 is not unreasonable. The Carnival employee involved in the 90 minute detention as well as the person making the remark about Asians looking alike should be sent for some extra training as well. Carnival failed John Sun.

You are way to conservative, it was his vacation that was ruined....should be worth 30 mill alone, maybe ownership of the cruise line.... I think you forgot something on the last line of your post. Can you guess what it is?

Sent from my iPad using Forums