Lots of noise on Deck 10 above

Threedox

Caution: Celebrity Summit: Cabin 9058 (between midship and forward) is NOISY. Lots of thumps and bumps coming from deck above :(

Edited by Threedox
added ship name

While it’s nice of you to try to warn others, without knowing which ship you are on, it won’t help much.

There are two sticky threads, above where you can enter stateroom information. It would be helpful if you could post there too.

While it’s nice of you to try to warn others, without knowing which ship you are on, it won’t help much.

There are two sticky threads, above where you can enter stateroom information. It would be helpful if you could post there too.

Thank you. I just added the ship: Celebrity Summit. Will also try to post on the other threads.

Thank you. I just added the ship: Celebrity Summit. Will also try to post on the other threads.

The only place you need to post it is the MClass Sticky. The other is for. cabin info on the larger S class ships.

Deck 10 is where the pools, solarium, fitness center and the oceanview cafe & grills are located correct.

Yes they are. That's why before we book a cruise we look at the deck plans for that specific ship to ensure there isn't any public areas above, below or to the side of us. Also another reason will we never book a guarantee category either.

I do not at all want to trivialize the OP's experience, because it is important to consider what is over your head when booking.

We swapped from a Concierge to AQ cabin and both gave up a slightly larger balcony and ended up with the public areas over our heads. I was concerned about this because I am normally an extremely light sleeper. DH could care less. The crew moved deck chairs for cleaning every morning, and this woke us up every morning. But, on all but maybe one morning that I remember, I was so tired and relaxed from cruising that I fell back to sleep rapidly each time - I would NOT do that at home, this was enough noise to keep me awake at home.

Otherwise, the overhead noise did not bother us at all. I'm sure it was there, but I have no memory of it other than distant footsteps or music.

I think that the type of cruise may make a difference and certainly how much time you plan on spending on your balcony makes a difference. There were no late night pool parties to wake us up, even though this was in the Caribbean.

I had this same cabin on Infinity and knew that it would be below the kitchen for the Aqua Spa Cafe. We were not much bothered by the noise. Inside cabin 9063 on the other side, next to a service closet and with steward cart outside the door all day was much worse. EM

We met some people on the Infinity once that had a cabin in the same location that the OP mentioned. They hated it for the exact same reason. They actually had another cabin available, albeit an inside cabin. They allowed them to sleep in the inside cabin and use the balcony cabin they paid for during the day. Wow ... I thought that was a pretty generous offer from Celebrity and I am sure that they could only do this because someone canceled last minute or it was one of their cabins they kept open in case of a flood or other disaster in an occupied cabin.

We met some people on the Infinity once that had a cabin in the same location that the OP mentioned. They hated it for the exact same reason. They actually had another cabin available, albeit an inside cabin. They allowed them to sleep in the inside cabin and use the balcony cabin they paid for during the day. Wow ... I thought that was a pretty generous offer from Celebrity and I am sure that they could only do this because someone canceled last minute or it was one of their cabins they kept open in case of a flood or other disaster in an occupied cabin.

And not to mention two bathrooms. (y)

This is a problem common to all M-class ships. I heard a similar story from friends on the Infinity. They had a nice deck 8 cabin but were "upgraded" onboard to deck 9 at the beginning of a 2-week Panama Canal cruise. The first night they couldn't stand all the deck chair noise above them. Someone else got assigned their previous deck 8 cabin before they could take it back. I believe they also ended up with 2 cabins by the time all the drama was finished. They complained about having to keep track of their multiple card keys.

In most cases, cabins on higher deck numbers are considered better than their counterparts on lower deck numbers. Deck 9 on Celebrity's M-class is a notable exception.