Glass blowing class?

We’re on Silhouette next week. The hot. Glass show has been replace with another food venue on Silhouette. I will miss the Corning glass show, and would love to do a glass blowing class next time we are on a ship that offers it. There are plenty of places to eat, but glass blowing would be a very unique experience. I hope others will tell you (us) that it is worthwhile.

Enjoy your cruise—I love Equinox!!

You can go watch it and then decide if you want to do it. They have examples of what you can make. I would go early on in your cruise since they have sign ups and they are taken rather quickly! It definitely is a unique experience!

We’re on Silhouette next week. The hot. Glass show has been replace with another food venue on Silhouette. I will miss the Corning glass show, and would love to do a glass blowing class next time we are on a ship that offers it. There are plenty of places to eat, but glass blowing would be a very unique experience. I hope others will tell you (us) that it is worthwhile.

Enjoy your cruise—I love Equinox!!

Silhouette and Reflection have never had the hot glass show and were built with the Lawn Club Grill instead. I personally love the LCG! :cool:

Where do you sign up for the glass blowing?

I was on Eclipse in April. If the Equinox has changed to the same company, just go the glass area and sign up. You will have a choice of glass objects to make and the price is based on the object (paper weight $50 or $60 and up).

DH and I were on the Eclipse TA last month and the Hollywood Hot Glass business had just joined the ship. They did one demo then started signing people up for 20 minute time slots to "blow your own glass" - not inexpensive but DH really enjoyed the experience.

Weather was chilly as we headed to Ireland, so not a lot of glass blowing activity on the TA. Hope it gets busier as they cruise over the summer as I'm sure the goal is to generate as much revenue as possible as opposed to employing extremely talented professional glass blowers who could entertain and educate guests.

Was on the Equinox at the end of March and had the Hollywood Hot Glass. There was indeed a demo on the first day and you could then sign up to do a class to make a variety of objects(paperweight, ornament, vase, etc) at various prices.

Was it the first full day or embarkation day?

My wife definitely wants to do it so I'd like to sign up ASAP when we board.

Silhouette and Reflection have never had the hot glass show and were built with the Lawn Club Grill instead. I personally love the LCG! :cool:

I Stand corrected, the Corning Glass show was never on Silly, and I missed seeing it the first time I was on board. The new glass workshop would be a great addition to the ship next time she goes to dry dock. ;)

I Stand corrected, the Corning Glass show was never on Silly, and I missed seeing it the first time I was on board. The new glass workshop would be a great addition to the ship next time she goes to dry dock. ;)

Obvious many of us prefer the Lawn Grill. I do not think you will ever see the Glass Workshop on the Silhouette or Reflection. I am fairly certain the the LGC is more profitable.

Obvious many of us prefer the Lawn Grill. I do not think you will ever see the Glass Workshop on the Silhouette or Reflection. I am fairly certain the the LGC is more profitable.

Food is sooo subjective...experiences can last a lifetime! Just my 2 cents!

FYI - Celebrity will be ending its engagement with Corning Museum of Glass (transition was happening sometime in May). According to Corning (a friend runs their marketing), another glass company will be coming on board. So they may not offer the same - but I'm guessing it will be similar.

We've done the glassblowing at the Corning Museum of Glass in upstate New York and it's very cool!

Just off the Equinox, and I would dispute the need to rush and sign up for a 20 minute slot. Most times I passed by, the venue was empty except for the employees. Also, there is virtually no "show" to this activity now. The employees are focused on getting you in and out with your hunk of glass in 20 minutes or less. They do most of the work, so the paying customer is sort of a glorified assistant. It's pretty sad compared to the old Corning presentations.

We did this on Equinox this spring and had a good time. The comments are correct that they do a lot of the work, but I was blowing thru the pipe, holding the pipe in the furnace, and rolling it to maintain the shape. I was a lot of fun and I would recommend it. My suggestion would be to sign up for an early time slot, since you are working with a lot of hot things and the cooler the weather the better.

20180313_180600.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the positive information. We definitely want to try this on our Solstice cruise later in the year. We used to watch the Corning demonstrations on the Solstice and this will be the first time we can give it a go. I realise it is a different company now. Glad those who have done it enjoyed the experience.