Changing rooms for cheers pkg

amberNJoe

We have a cruise booked for this October with another couple. My husband and the other husband, do a lot of drinking, me and his wife rarely drink. We are both paid in full, is it to late to try and put the husbands in a room and the wives in the other? then have both of the men purchase the cheers for one cabin. What would be our best way about doing this? We don't have TA or PVP. Also we are in the same type of cabin,just didn't book together or anything.

Thanks.

thank you! Did you actually inform them what you were doing? When I called they said we need to do it onboard on the first day, just wonder how that works?

If you wait to make the change onboard, you will have to pay the slightly higher price for onboard Cheers purchases.

thank you! Did you actually inform them what you were doing? When I called they said we need to do it onboard on the first day, just wonder how that works?

Call back and tell them you don't want to wait til your onboard and you could use that your wanting to book excursions separate and want to make sure they don't sell out of the excursion you want

If you wait til onboard your gonna pay $5 more per person per day for cheers

Yes you absolutely can switch persons around in cabins once on board. The person saying you couldn’t do that obviously has no experience in this area. We’ve done this several times with our kids when we book 2 cabins. They make us book an adult in each cabin when booking but once on board we switch it around to the kids in one cabin and us adults in the other one without any issues. I wouldn’t tell them it’s for Cheers. It could be because the ladies turn in early and the guys turn in late. Or it could be because of snoring issues too. I would call Carnival again and trying changing it up now. I don’t see why they can’t handle it for you now.

Yes you absolutely can switch persons around in cabins once on board. The person saying you couldn’t do that obviously has no experience in this area. We’ve done this several times with our kids when we book 2 cabins. They make us book an adult in each cabin when booking but once on board we switch it around to the kids in one cabin and us adults in the other one without any issues. I wouldn’t tell them it’s for Cheers. It could be because the ladies turn in early and the guys turn in late. Or it could be because of snoring issues too. I would call Carnival again and trying changing it up now. I don’t see why they can’t handle it for you now.
I didnt see anybody say you couldn't change people back to where they want to be after you are on the ship.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I did tell them it was because of cheers and they had no problem with it.

You need to know what type of fare you booked and the restrictions that come with that fare type. If you booked early saver, no name changes are allowed and there is a penalty for cancelling/rebooking. If you do this onboard, you won't technically be changing the booking. You would simply be giving the other person access to the other cabin where Carnival gives a separate key card. Doing that onboard doesn't solve your Cheers issue.

You need to know what type of fare you booked and the restrictions that come with that fare type. If you booked early saver, no name changes are allowed and there is a penalty for cancelling/rebooking. If you do this onboard, you won't technically be changing the booking. You would simply be giving the other person access to the other cabin where Carnival gives a separate key card. Doing that onboard doesn't solve your Cheers issue.

When we did it, we were also booked on Early Saver rates and they did not charge us any penalties. I think as long as the category is not changing it should be okay. Of course, different agents could handle it differently, but that was my experience.

We did it no problems! Just ask guest services for a room key onlys

OP can not wait to do it onboard. This needs to be done BEFORE they cruise so they can buy the cheers program for one cabin

Getting back to the right cabin is not the problem

the agent should help you do this.

Thank you all for your responses! Does anyone have a PVP they recommend?

Hopefully, you sorted out the misinformation. You must try to switch names before your cruise. Whether you can or not depends on what fares you all booked. There may be no changes allowed or there will be changes allowed with additional fees to put the drinkers together. Then once you are onboard, you switch back.