Elite laundry for 7 nite cruise?

39august

I thought the norm was 30 pieces on any cruise, except in certain areas of the world where for some legal restrictions, they reduce it to 20 pieces. It has nothing at all to do with the length of the cruise.

Has something changed???

Note: AFAIK, there is no restriction that you must get all 20/30 pieces in one bag....we often give them two bags because there's no way that 30 pieces actually fit in one bag if you are doing jeans etc.

Our Bermuda cruises were also 20 items and of course that works out to 40 when we both use it. I think people just say a bag because you put them in the bag. We are one of those people who do our laundry before we go home.

As far as I know, it is still 30 pieces for most itineraries regardless of length:

One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***

***Includes 20 items on itineraries with water usage restrictions or up to 30 items on itineraries without water usage restrictions. Water usage restrictions apply on most Alaskan and Baltic itineraries.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite

(I realize the web site is not really an authority....)

Perhaps Bermuda is now also counted as a water restricted itinerary.

Mike

thank you. I love making useless posts.

But i was actually responding to the ‘why are 7-day and 14-day cruise benefits the same’ type post. And i did say that the 7-day laundry was handy for those taking travels before/after but that may have got lost since my response was 4 sentences.

Sorry you missed that and had to repeat it.

Den

hahahhhaaahahahaha

Glad you asked? Lol. Take jelayne's reply in post two and look no further for your answer.

Phil

You can take jelayne's post that Elites do get free laundry, and that will answer the question, but it's not by the bag. It's either 20 or 30 items per Elite person and times 2 for Elite + . The OP needs to check the list of Elite perks that are loaded onto his seapass when he gets to his stateroom to figure out the number of items.

You can take jelayne's post that Elites do get free laundry, and that will answer the question, but it's not by the bag. It's either 20 or 30 items per Elite person and times 2 for Elite + . The OP needs to check the list of Elite perks that are loaded onto his seapass when he gets to his stateroom to figure out the number of items.

Just in case anyone forgot....the perk is per passenger, not per cabin. If you are both elite, you will get two laundries, elite + you will get 4.

As far as 20 vs 30 items, Celebrity is known for being consistently inconsistent....and that's between ships and sometimes even between cruises on the same ship. From experience, if a shipboard policy matches their web site, it's accidental. Trust me, you won't win any argument on board by pointing to the web site....been there, done that.

Yes Wine-O, you are right, but there are so many other irrelevancies on this thread that just confuse things. It’s something I’ve noticed more and more on this board. Like people have something to prove that they do or know more.

Phil

Yes Wine-O, you are right, but there are so many other irrelevancies on this thread that just confuse things. It’s something I’ve noticed more and more on this board. Like people have something to prove that they do or know more.

Phil

I think posters on cruise critic are just trying to get folks the complete & correct information.

I never did understand their logic for doing it this way.

If you take a 14 night cruise, or even longer, you receive only the perks that you would get for a one week cruise -- nothing more.

But if you instead take two 7 night cruises back-to-back, then you receive double the perks and additionally are sometimes given a coupon for even more free laundry on top of that.

We did a B2B instead of a 14 day cruise because of what you mentioned. The total for both cruises was cheaper and at the same dates as the 14 on a different ship. We got double of everything plus more SBC booking on board and the added perk of $150 SBC per person per cruise so that was also doubled.

Plus the added bonus of getting to attend two, yes two muster drills. 🤗

If you are on a 7 day cruise the laundry is almost useless anyway unless you pack dirty clothes there is nothing to turn in the first few days. It takes 3 days to get your laundry back so it will be about mid afternoon on the 6th day that you get them. The next day you are packing to leave.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I am elite plus. 2 free bags (30 items) per person ( 4 for both of us)on each cruise. I appreciate it. It allows me to pack less clothes which is especially good on a long trip. On my most recent trip, I stayed in Hong Kong before and after the cruise. Cruise was 14 nights in hot weather. There are some restrictions to note. You cannot send out laundry on the embarkation day and the last 3 days of any cruise. Laundry is returned up to 2 days after sending. I brought 6 days of clothes. If I had known all the restrictions in advance, I would have brought more clothing. In hot weather, you often need to change clothing more than once a day. At times, I washed out some clothing in the cabin.

On a shorter cruise, you still get the same number of bags. We did b2b with 2 week long cruises. We got a total of 8 coupons for free laundry. We still were not able to send out laundry on the first day of each cruise and the last 3 days of each cruise. That left us 6 days out of 14 to send out laundry. It would be good if the free laundry adjusted to the length of the cruise total.

Each cruise company has different ways of doing free laundry. My favorite is free laundry on Windstar . No limits. Send out laundry anytime starting on the first day and ending on the last night. Clothes are quickly returned( same day), washed, and pressed on hangers. the best part is packing clean clothes and not needing to do lots of laundry when you get home.