Koningsdam internet FYI

hpeabody

I am sitting in the Kiel terminal right now, best port Wi-Fi we have had. The Koningsdam internet manager calls the ship internet a disaster! So do not expect much. Just wanted to give future passengers some advance warning.

Which of the ports that you visited have free wifi?

I had often thought that it would be great for the HAL forum to have a resource which listed wifi access points in various ports or cities (Any volunteers?) ;p

P.S. Before anyone mentions that ATT give free roaming, please remember that HAL cruises worldwide! I personally, do not need wifi in EU as EU residents have mostly free roaming within EU, but visitors from N. America could benefit from free wifi in Europe, just as Europeans could benefit from free wifi in USA/Caribbean/Asia etc

I had often thought that it would be great for the HAL forum to have a resource which listed wifi access points in various ports or cities (Any volunteers?) ;p

You can probably find that information on a crew website. Even if you want to do it for CC, it makes no sense to do it just for HAL,

Did you actually use the internet on the Koningsdam. I don't know what to make of this. I was on the ship a year ago in February and had no particular problems. I wonder if the internet manager is new to the job or if something has changed in the last year.

Roy

I am sitting in the Kiel terminal right now, best port Wi-Fi we have had. The Koningsdam internet manager calls the ship internet a disaster! So do not expect much. Just wanted to give future passengers some advance warning.

I am surprised that Koningsdam had an internet manager. That position went away quite some time ago.

That being said, when I was on Koningsdam a little over a year ago, the internet was no better or worse than any other HAL ship. YMMV

Which of the ports that you visited have free wifi?

P.S. Before anyone mentions that ATT give free roaming, please remember that HAL cruises worldwide! I personally, do not need wifi in EU as EU residents have mostly free roaming within EU, but visitors from N. America could benefit from free wifi in Europe, just as Europeans could benefit from free wifi in USA/Caribbean/Asia etc

just google "free wifi access" and you will find several sites that list locations worldwide that allow free access for everyone - not just ship passengers.

We sailed K'Dam in March and the internet service was awful. Even crew members commented on how slow it was. It would take as much as 5 minutes to do simple tasks all the while your minutes are ticking away!

We sailed K'Dam in March and the internet service was awful. Even crew members commented on how slow it was. It would take as much as 5 minutes to do simple tasks all the while your minutes are ticking away!
Had that happen on Eurodam last year. Embarrassing that HAL is so far behind other lines in terms of online Internet speed. Do Carnival and Princess have high speed flat rate Internet like Royal Caribbean does? If they do, you'd think corporate could make sure HAL got it, especially on their newest ship.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app