New ship in 2020

Bookings are open for 2020 on the Panorama out of Long Beach. Can they change it after the fact?

Any sailing could be changed at any time (see the changes on the dates of the Triumph/Sunrise dry dock), but part of the problem is that it’s a long way from Italy to California, especially when the Panama Canal isn’t an option. The ship is due from Fincantieri on October 31, 2019 and is scheduled to leave Long Beach for her first revenue sailing on December 11, 2019. At 24 knots, it would be 24 days and 2 hours of non-stop sailing at full speed from Monfalcone, Italy to Long Beach, California by going around Cape Horn. Tack on a minimum of four stops for fuel, and at best you’re looking at a minimum of 25 days just to move the ship.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

Bookings are open for 2020 on the Panorama out of Long Beach. Can they change it after the fact?

As the quoter says it does change and could if it happens. That said it would only affect the sailings it applied to, there are two potentials I have heard, stop or two along the way and potentially a few trips north from Long Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH]426980[/ATTACH] So it was jannounced that her homeport will be Port Canaveral where they will build a new Carnival terminal!

Sounds like the one going to Port Canaveral is not the Panorama. It will be their other new, bigger, as yet unnamed ship.

Well I am pretty disappointed with Carnival. The president of Carnival said they have no plans on ever returning to Europe so the new ships will be just showing up in there home ports just like the Panarama .

Plenty of other cruise lines doing a nice job sailing Europe.

Plenty of other cruise lines doing a nice job sailing Europe.

Several of those are under the Carnival Corp brand, that’s the luxury of being so big, Carnival Cruise Lines doesn’t have to be there, undercutting the price of their other brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting to see the classic Carnival livery. The previous renderings had a blue stripe that would meet a red stripe on the bow, essentially creating a stylized Carnival funnel.

I’m also a bit surprised to see any attempt at a rendering of top deck amenities ahead of the name announcement.

Interesting to see the classic Carnival livery. The previous renderings had a blue stripe that would meet a red stripe on the bow, essentially creating a stylized Carnival funnel.

I’m also a bit surprised to see any attempt at a rendering of top deck amenities ahead of the name announcement.

I think they make them vague to keep interest, and have seen more than several changes, some fairly significant. Bottom line, do not put to much faith in a rendering....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any sailing could be changed at any time (see the changes on the dates of the Triumph/Sunrise dry dock), but part of the problem is that it’s a long way from Italy to California, especially when the Panama Canal isn’t an option. The ship is due from Fincantieri on October 31, 2019 and is scheduled to leave Long Beach for her first revenue sailing on December 11, 2019. At 24 knots, it would be 24 days and 2 hours of non-stop sailing at full speed from Monfalcone, Italy to Long Beach, California by going around Cape Horn. Tack on a minimum of four stops for fuel, and at best you’re looking at a minimum of 25 days just to move the ship.

The Panorama can easily fit in the Panama canal's new locks. I expect that will be the route it takes.

The Panorama can easily fit in the Panama canal's new locks. I expect that will be the route it takes.

No.

John Head said in a live video that the lifeboats on the Vista class ships are what is keeping them from using the Panama Canal. Even without the lifeboats, the ship’s beam at it’s widest point would only leave it about three feet (one meter) from the limit on the new locks.

If Panorama were going that route, even without passengers, we’d be looking at the ship beginning revenue sailings two to three weeks sooner.

The first sailing will be the three-day from Long Beach on December 11, 2019.

Has anyone heard any new info on this ship? The steel must have been started to be cut. It takes around 2 years to build one. Getting impatient. Lol

Not a lot, but it will be in the 180,000 ton range, much larger then the Vista class!

• 2 months later...