Bring candy for Halloween?

Hi there!

I have searched the forums and see that Halloween is a big deal on the ships and we are excited and plan on dressing up as a family (especially since we'll have two kids in our group) but what I'm not sure about is should I bring candy to give out to others? Do they actually let kids trick or treat?? Thank you!

No, I can't imagine that they would let kids bother people in their cabins but I didn't know if people pass things out to kids during the parties or parade that I've read they have in the Atrium, Promenade or deck?? Thanks!

I seriously doubt it. How much candy would you have to bring for a few thousand people?

No, I can't imagine that they would let kids bother people in their cabins but I didn't know if people pass things out to kids during the parties or parade that I've read they have in the Atrium, Promenade or deck?? Thanks!

I've not seen passengers handing out candy to kids during the parades.

Hi there!

I have searched the forums and see that Halloween is a big deal on the ships and we are excited and plan on dressing up as a family (especially since we'll have two kids in our group) but what I'm not sure about is should I bring candy to give out to others? Do they actually let kids trick or treat?? Thank you!

No. Trick or treat where?

Gotcha. Of course I didn't mean for a few thousand people. I meant more for the kids in Adventure Ocean. Thought they might do something special for them. I've seen them have parades through the ship or put on little shows. Just wanted to be prepared if it was something that was done.

When we went on our Halloween cruise they did have a trick-or-treat type thing for the kids. We don't have any, so I don't know exactly what it entailed, though. And it was a few years ago, so who knows what's changed. If I remember correctly, they walked the kids around to different places on the ship where they were given candy, all provided by the ship.

Done Holloween cruises 5 out of 6 years. No to Trick or Treating at doors. Ones I been on have Adult dress up contest and a big Family party later and few things like Trick or Treat parties for kids before. Go on smaller Royal ships, would saw 1/4 at most dress up on those.....

Halloween is my favorite holiday, because of the candy. I was on a ship two years ago and there was no candy to be found! Luckily someone else had brought some and helped with my candy fix. There were decorations and people work costumes, but no trick or treating. I will definitely bring candy this year when I'm away for Halloween.

Gotcha. Of course I didn't mean for a few thousand people. I meant more for the kids in Adventure Ocean. Thought they might do something special for them. I've seen them have parades through the ship or put on little shows. Just wanted to be prepared if it was something that was done.

I cannot I imagine the cruise lines would take responsibility for permitting such things.. between allergies, a parents personal preferences as to what their kids consume and just plain the potential for a sick individual to do something evil, it makes no sense.

I cannot I imagine the cruise lines would take responsibility for permitting such things.. between allergies, a parents personal preferences as to what their kids consume and just plain the potential for a sick individual to do something evil, it makes no sense.

Actually, I was just thinking that same thing. Wouldn’t want to take the responsibility of handing candy to random kids, especially these days.