Single cabin question

ellie1145

My daughter-in-law is booking a cruise with NCL and thinks her mother can have her 2 year old in a cot in her single cabin.

Knowing how small these cabins are is this an option, and are such young children allowed in this area?

My daughter-in-law is booking a cruise with NCL and thinks her mother can have her 2 year old in a cot in her single cabin.

Knowing how small these cabins are is this an option, and are such young children allowed in this area?

I have stayed in studio cabins many times and there is no way a cot would fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if the toddler was booked with the parents I am picturing what would happen if grandma attempted to shift the 2 year old to the studios.

Once the other guests experienced the little one getting fussy they would complain.

I am just guessing since you have to be an adult to book any stateroom and the studios are solo that this is an adults-only area. If not a rule, perhaps in theory. Am I correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The studio cabins are only 100 square feet...think 10 x 10. There is no way a cot would fit and studio cabins are for solo guests only.

Compared to an inside cabin a studio is huge, at 100 ftsq per person as opposed to 60.5 ftsq in an inside, but studios are limited to one person and they will not bring a cot in there. If the 2 year old were to spend the night using the existing bedding no one would say anything.

They are approximately 7ft x 13ft, they are not square.

Compared to an inside cabin a studio is huge, at 100 ftsq per person as opposed to 60.5 ftsq in an inside, but studios are limited to one person and they will not bring a cot in there. If the 2 year old were to spend the night using the existing bedding no one would say anything.

They are approximately 7ft x 13ft, they are not square.

Wait, what? Toddlers are allowed in Studio Cabins? I think I really need to read the fine print :eek:

Being that the cabins are only for 1 guest, and to book a cabin a single guest must be 21, the studios are, by default, an adult only area. No children in the rooms, in the halls, in the lounge.

That said, all cabins on a ship are equipped with enough beds to sleep everyone allowed in the cabin. There is no room full of cots so they can give them to people who might want one. Even if the child could be in the studio area, there is no place to get a cot.