Live from the Voyager, R/T Venice:"long time, first time"

boblerm

You’re welcome for the advice on special orders!

Curious what you thought about the Chartreuse caviar steak tartare “puck”....

Jpr, it was a winner. More on that later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Some stats that were surprising to me - seven sea society members =303 total. That means that over half the passengers are first time on Regent. 159 silver, 58 gold, 4 platinum.

Perhaps I misunderstood, and the 303 number pertained to bronze, but that was not what he said.

The production show last night was"Dancin' Fool. Jeannie seems quiet certain that we have seen this show before, I have no recollection of it. This is one of the advantages of being old and feeble, if you can't remember seeing something, it is as if you are seeing it for the first time. Lucky me, I can re-read books, re-watch movies without knowing the enfing. But I digress.

The singers and dancers performed wonderfully. But- the lighting for this show was absolutely atrocious. The performers were either in shadows, or were lit with very dull lighting. We still enjoyed the show, by it would have been so much better if we could have had a better view of these talented performers, who, by the way, are also quite easy on the eyes.

After the show, I asked cruise director Paul if there was something wrong with the lighting tonight. He said there was not. I told him how I felt about it, and that it is unfair to these talebted, hard eorking performers for the audience not to be able to fully appreciate their talents. He said he will pass along my comments to the entertainment staff. I won't hold my breath.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Dinner last night at Chartreuse b9a1d8df866f81b0e66fb2ecadbcb6b9.jpg6ed695941f500753c0d2003cbfabf881.jpg

On the advice of jpr, we both had the steak tartare with caviar. Good advice, we both loved it. For mains, Jeannie had the scallops, I had the veal. Jeannie enjoyed the scallops, but thought it was better at Compass Rose. The veal tasted good but was a bit tough. 798ec52bb754da89b6352b7e7e39cd82.jpg

This is our second time dining at Chartreuse, and are underwhelmed. I think we enjoyed Signature more.

I think this is my least favorite specialty restaurant, not that it is bad, but we like the others better.

Jackie, I extend your and Dennis' greeting to Risky and she sends hugs back. She actually gave me a hug to give to you but that will have to wait until 2020 on the Splendor [emoji16]

Sheila sorry, Risky is going home in July for 10 weeks. She does not know what her next assignment will be.

The steak tartare with caviar....oh my! I think I could eat that every night! Thanks for the suggestion jpr.....and thanks for the photo, Bob! Am loving your posts!! Your happiness and humor makes me smile xoxo
Thank you bebop bonnie and I love your screen name!

Jackie, I extend your and Dennis' greeting to Risky and she sends hugs back. She actually gave me a hug to give to you but that will have to wait until 2020 on the Splendor [emoji16]

Sheila sorry, Risky is going home in July for 10 weeks. She does not know what her next assignment will be.

Thank you! Risky is such a sweetheart.

In terms of Chartreuse, we really enjoyed dining there for lunch on Explorer (more than we enjoyed P7) but did not like it as much on Voyager. We'll be back on Voyager in November and will give it one more try.

Today we are in Santorini. What a special place! If you haven't been here, you might want to consider putting it on your list.

Our tour was Highlights of Santorini. First we were taken to Mt Profitus for a nice viewea6b06a9aa513580c633c34d201ae432.jpg

We equally were disappointed with chartreuse, with the wider menu in Compass Rose, and the always available we did not think tha ir was an improvement, so much so that on our last cruise we cancelled our reservation there when we saw the Compass Rose menu on .

the TV that morning

Pacific rim and P7 were far better.

The food looks wonderful and the CR menu a GREAT improvement! Ken is already looking to see how many times he can find something to have Béarnaise sauce on!!

Ken and I were on the Mariner when the ash hit. (So we got off when you got on...). That was the sail in which was totally in the fog. We hit the bank of fog right as we came into the lagoon. And saw nothing - nothing at all - until we were off the ship. We could hear children playing and as we were docking we heard disembarkation announcements. Which was confusing since we were not getting off till the following day. We discovered they came from a Silversea ship moored next to us. !!

A lot of people were taken by Regent to Padua and they stayed there for a week until the airports opened. We had booked a Hertz car and at 0830 next day when we disembarked we collected it at Hertz (sign on door "No cars available" ! but reservations were OK) and drove home. We were here in Martigny before 1500 same day. So for us it was uneventful but for all those whose plans were turned upside down - terrible. Regent really came up trumps with the people who had booked flights through them. 4 star hotel on half board for a week. Tours. Coordinator in the hotel. Tom Noon - you will remember as Orpington Tom - and his wife, son and daughter in law were among them. Sadly Tom is no longer with us...I miss him!

Thanks for the photos of Venice. Rubs in what we missed in November!!

I was catching up on CC and reading through this thread thinking how much my Dad (OrpingtonT) would have enjoyed it when I saw this post so thanks for that. He would have loved the reports for their wit and interest and because it would have reminded him as it did me of our cruise before the ash cloud struck and also our post cruise adventures in Padua. We are on the Explorer cruise out of Venice in October so the information on the Hilton Molina Stucky was particularly interesting and useful.

We will certainly be raising a glass to his memory on the sail out from Venice, and hoping it is not foggy this time!

I was catching up on CC and reading through this thread thinking how much my Dad (OrpingtonT) would have enjoyed it when I saw this post so thanks for that. He would have loved the reports for their wit and interest and because it would have reminded him as it did me of our cruise before the ash cloud struck and also our post cruise adventures in Padua. We are on the Explorer cruise out of Venice in October so the information on the Hilton Molina Stucky was particularly interesting and useful.

We will certainly be raising a glass to his memory on the sail out from Venice, and hoping it is not foggy this time!

We had the pleasure of meeting your Dad on one of our cruises and had hoped to sail with him again. He is remember fondly by those of us on CC. How is your Mom doing? She is a lovely lady!

My apologies, the tapatalk app on my galaxy s8 appears to be on strike. I cannot upload photos, I get an upload failed message. I have rebooted my device, uninstalled and reinstalled the app no dice.

I was hoping to show some nice scenes of Santorini, along with some snappy banter /mindless drivel, take your pick. Hopefully I will figure it out or find another way to post photos, any suggestions are welcome.

Trucruisers, I have been a long time lurker on this forum before I started posting, the name orpingtonT is a very familiar one to me. My condolences on your loss.