Live from the Voyager, R/T Venice:"long time, first time"

boblerm

One of us wanted to ride a donkey down to the tender, the other one wanted to take the cable car. I won't tell you which wanted which. Anyway, we ended up taking the cable car. 065064da8c665ea1127d750f6752fa58.jpg23d13e97cf03b5ea5b86be15c7321418.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

One of us wanted to ride a donkey down to the tender, the other one wanted to take the cable car. I won't tell you which wanted which. Anyway, we ended up taking the cable car. 065064da8c665ea1127d750f6752fa58.jpg23d13e97cf03b5ea5b86be15c7321418.jpg

The donkeys are so much fun! What was the weather like in Santorini? It is one of our favorite places in the Med., but it does tend to get crowded when there are many ships tendering.

Boblerm,

On the Voyager, what has the pool area been like? Crowds or no? Any special events?

Thanks. Tripperva

So far every day has been a port day, on the afternoons that we have been on board there has been ample seating both in sub and shade. Sailaway from Santorini tonight, there was a deck party. Lots of fun, people were having a great time. Will try to get a photos up if my app cooperate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

The donkeys are so much fun! What was the weather like in Santorini? It is one of our favorite places in the Med., but it does tend to get crowded when there are many ships tendering.
This morning there was a brief but wicked thunderstorm this afternoon was mega hot.

Happy Father's day to my fellow dads.

On Sunday, Regent offers a champagne and caviar breakfast. If it was a sea day, they would also offer a lavish sunday brunch at Compass Rose. We miss it by 1 day.

Oh, the agony! 9a9dd361c8ffe32e6a733728141fe928.jpg

Happy Fathers' Day Bob. Glad we could "meet" before your cruise. DW and I are on the Voyager for Athens to Athens in October with 3 of your Greek ports. Your posts are very enjoyable.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim and thanks. I hope that an October cruise here will bring you more comfortable weather, it has been quite hot! But still a lot of fun.

Bob

You're first served an amazing bread basket with delicious breads, bread sticks, focaccia, olives, cheeses, 4 different bruschettes, meatballs, fried mozzarella, have I left anything out?

I can easily content myself with making a meal on this stuff, but we have barely scratched the surface.

I have given Jeannie permission to, in fact have encouraged her to slap my hand if I go at this plate too hard. edb04b2a97213b77f9a44fa1f2fe3d30.jpg

From the menu, you can order a soup a patsa, and a main. You might choose to have a soup and a main, a small pasta course and a main, a soup and a large pasta course as your main, or, what the hey, you deserve it, have all 3!

For our part, we both had pumpkin soup, Jeannie had linguine with seafood for her main course, I had the veal chop. Everything was very nice. 01ae188326db0251989fde87c83d1020.jpgf22c79c51f1889afdb9c34c863dc74bd.jpg

And then oh my there is the desert bar. b4dfabae33302c6d61a3add1468524d7.jpg

cc6bd30fe875cf87f5596c1f9a34e34b.jpg

Geloti lovers, please don't panic that you do not see it here, it is behind glass, they scoop it out for you.

We coordinated our visit to Sette Mari with the night of the deck party, knowing that we would be getting a lot of exercise and working off our meal by dancing the night away.

So as I see it, we netted out a zero weight gain all things considered.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

Your photos continue to delight. Especially the food ones. We really enjoy Settemarie for dinner in the evening too, it’s so good.

This thread is such a treat to read. Thanks, Jean.

Thank you, Jean.

For me, the biggest challenge in dining at Sete Mari, and this will probably sound like I am being my usual annoying, ironic self, but I am actually being quite serious, is to not get so full on the early courses that you can still enjoy your main. I have made that mistake in the past!

Thank you, Jean.

For me, the biggest challenge in dining at Sete Mari, and this will probably sound like I am being my usual annoying, ironic self, but I am actually being quite serious, is to not get so full on the early courses that you can still enjoy your main. I have made that mistake in the past!

Also, I meant to mention that on the Explorer, La Veranda is changed over to Sette Mari in the evening in such a way as to have the feel of being in a different restaurant. On the Voyager, you feel as if you are in, well, La Veranda.

Happy Father's day to my fellow dads.

On Sunday, Regent offers a champagne and caviar breakfast. If it was a sea day, they would also offer a lavish sunday brunch at Compass Rose. We miss it by 1 day.

Oh, the agony! 9a9dd361c8ffe32e6a733728141fe928.jpg

Totally enjoy your fun and informative posts. Getting more fired up for 7/23 when we board the voyager!!

Enjoying your post with all the photos. Makes me miss being on a ship. I didn't think I'd enjoy Sette Mari--but I did and had the same problem eating too much before the main. And the Pool Grill looks great for evening dinner when you don't want a full sit down dining, hope they keep it and have it on all ships. Really after a few days of dining it would be nice to go casual. Thanks again, Rick

I was catching up on CC and reading through this thread thinking how much my Dad (OrpingtonT) would have enjoyed it when I saw this post so thanks for that. He would have loved the reports for their wit and interest and because it would have reminded him as it did me of our cruise before the ash cloud struck and also our post cruise adventures in Padua. We are on the Explorer cruise out of Venice in October so the information on the Hilton Molina Stucky was particularly interesting and useful.

We will certainly be raising a glass to his memory on the sail out from Venice, and hoping it is not foggy this time!

Paul -I will never, ever forget your comment when you came back on board in Albania. Your parents, Ken and I were in the Observation lounge. I asked how your time ashore had gone...you said “it looks a LOT better than it is”. !!

You father was a very special man. I miss him...

How is Barbara?

Take care, Gerry

Sent from my iPad using Forums