Live from the Voyager, R/T Venice:"long time, first time"

boblerm

Last night dinner was at Compass Rose. Jeannie had mulagatawny (spelling?) soup, from the daily specials, and lobster tail from the always available menu. I had escargot, (strangely listed on the menu under meat appetizers? ?) and for my main, I had a do it yourself surf and turf of lamb chops and lobster tail. Both from the always available. In between we shared an order of shrimp and pork pot stickers. Everything was great. The lobster tails on the always available menu was far tastier and tender than the whole lobster that Jeannie had a few nights ago.

The evening show was a singer, Stephanie Baldwin, who sang a selection of Broadway and movie hits. O M G! Her voice, her personality, her song selection just kept us captivated. We hated for it to end.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Today we are in Katakolon, Greece. Our excursion was "Olympia and Zorba Event". It seemed that all of the excursions included a visit to Olympia. I am pretty sure that it is enshrined in statute that a visit to Katakolon must

include a visit to Olympia.

It was a 40 minute drive to Olympia, once there we had an excellent guided tour, we found it very interesting. Far too much to detail here, I will just share some photos.

The evening show was a singer, Stephanie Baldwin, who sang a selection of Broadway and movie hits. O M G! Her voice, her personality, her song selection just kept us captivated. We hated for it to end.

Bob, you are very lucky to hear Stephanie sing; she is fantastic! We have enjoyed every cruise where she and her husband have been onboard.

I am thoroughly enjoying your posts; Voyager is a special ship.

Marc

Bob, you are very lucky to hear Stephanie sing; she is fantastic! We have enjoyed every cruise where she and her husband have been onboard.

I am thoroughly enjoying your posts; Voyager is a special ship.

Marc

Thank you, Marc. Does her husband perform as well?

The weather forecast called for thunderstorms, but Zeus smiled upon us, and the skies did not open up until we were nearly back to the bus.

After the site visit, we were taken to a local restaurant where we were treated to, you guessed it, Greek snacks and local wine. And just in the nick of time ,too. Actually, this time I really mean it! Since I have had to skip the snacks that we were offered on our previous 2 excursions, I cleverly had a very small breakfast, and was hungry enough by the time we were served at 11:30. ( This, however, did not prevent me from enjoying lunch at La Veranda when we returned to the ship, no doubt you were worried about that.) d7ad5618874d2fae060eb9a4c0ded904.jpg

3bed7586f859a7c3f1b997aa4822aad4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In regard to the evening pool grill this is hot off the presses.

This morning I met Risky, her name was familiar to me, as several CC members have posted nice things about her. I told her that she is "famous" on the Cruise Critic web site and gets lots of nice complements. She seemed quite pleased to hear that.

Anyhoo, she is in charge of the evening pool grill. She told me that this cruise is the very first one in which it is being offered. The plan is that it will be on the Voyager, and only the Voyager throughout the Mediterranean season, which I believe runs into November. After that, a decision will be made as to what the future will be for it, whether it will be kept, abandoned, or expanded fleet wide. She did say that so far it seems to be quite popular and busy.

Offered is a wide variety of grilled meats, a much wider selection than is offered at lunch, cooked to order. Also, an antipasto bar, similar to Seti Mari.

Casual clothing, of course.

So happy to hear this. We love the idea of a casual meal every now and then. Especially after coming back from a long excursion.

We were entertained by folkloric dancers. My only complaint is that I am not completely certain that they yelled "opa" enough times. I only counted 372. I believe the requisite number is 375.

One can never get too much "opa". :p

2a0c84851b3d35a6a4bc8f9c941d6be2.jpg

They invited guests to dance with them. 5026fcc41750523fcfd79fca8a4ecbf1.jpg

"I got ants in my pants and I need to dance" - James Brownaf8d973c1a5d56e705d64f325efe4437.jpg

Yes, that is me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by boblerm

Bob and Jeannie thanks for continuing to share your delightful posts and beautiful photos

Michael (Stephanie’s husband) will be the GM on our mariner South Pacific cruise in oct/nov. hope we also get the chance to hear Stephanie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The plan is that it will be on the Voyager, and only the Voyager throughout the Mediterranean season, which I believe runs into November. After that, a decision will be made as to what the future will be for it, whether it will be kept, abandoned, or expanded fleet wide. She did say that so far it seems to be quite popular and busy.

Offered is a wide variety of grilled meats, a much wider selection than is offered at lunch, cooked to order. Also, an antipasto bar, similar to Seti Mari.

Forums mobile app

Sounds like a nice alternative when the climate is warm. We'll be on Voyager in the Caribbean in December which would seem to be another great place to do this. We'll see.

This morning I met Risky, her name was familiar to me, as several CC members have posted nice things about her. I told her that she is "famous" on the Cruise Critic web site and gets lots of nice complements. She seemed quite pleased to hear that.

Anyhoo, she is in charge of the evening pool grill. She told me that this cruise is the very first one in which it is being offered. The plan is that it will be on the Voyager, and only the Voyager throughout the Mediterranean season, which I believe runs into November. After that, a decision will be made as to what the future will be for it, whether it will be kept, abandoned, or expanded fleet wide. She did say that so far it seems to be quite popular and busy.

Casual clothing, of course.

Thank you so much for sharing this information. Although we wouldn't be dining at the Pool Grill, it is a great idea. Are passengers able to wear more relaxed clothing (jeans/shorts, etc.) at dinner? It would be nice to have a casual dining venue as long as passengers do not go to lounges, etc. in shorts, jeans, etc. after dinner on pool deck.

If you see Risky again, would appreciate if tell her that "Mr. Versace" and Jackie send her hugs (Dennis always jokes that he doesn't want Risky to remove the Versace plate so she calls him that).

Your post are great, thanks for taking the time---I'm enjoying your trip. Hope the Pool Grill works out--it would be great to have a place that is casual and have a light meal. After a few nights it would be great to have a place like that to eat at.

Thank you so much for sharing this information. Although we wouldn't be dining at the Pool Grill, it is a great idea. Are passengers able to wear more relaxed clothing (jeans/shorts, etc.) at dinner? It would be nice to have a casual dining venue as long as passengers do not go to lounges, etc. in shorts, jeans, etc. after dinner on pool deck.

If you see Risky again, would appreciate if tell her that "Mr. Versace" and Jackie send her hugs (Dennis always jokes that he doesn't want Risky to remove the Versace plate so she calls him that).

Jackie, the dress code at the pool grill is relaxed, however the evening dress code on the ship has not changed. So theoretically, one should not be able to go from the pool grill to the lounges, etc, in shorts, jeans, etc. To what exit this will be enforced remains to be seen, but I can tell you tell you that I have NOT noticed people dressed inappropriately in the public areas.

I will certainly relate your welcome well wished to Risky if I see her again.

Will Risky still be aboard in August?

Loving your thread. One of the best yet, with such humor and sense your enjoyment in every word and photo.

Sheila

Sheila, thank you so much for your very kind comments. If I see Risky I will ask her.

BTW, I wanted to ask you, there is a Sheila that posts on the Regent social club Facebook page, would that perchance be you, or some other Regent - loving Sheila?

Bob and Jeannie thanks for continuing to share your delightful posts and beautiful photos

Michael (Stephanie’s husband) will be the GM on our mariner South Pacific cruise in oct/nov. hope we also get the chance to hear Stephanie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wes, thanks so much. Given the amount of time that you will be on the Mariner, it is hard to believe that she will not be there at least for a while.

Have you seen her before? If not, I promise you, you are in for a treat.

Your post are great, thanks for taking the time---I'm enjoying your trip. Hope the Pool Grill works out--it would be great to have a place that is casual and have a light meal. After a few nights it would be great to have a place like that to eat at.
Thanks Ron (or Rick?) It appears that it is a popular option, I would predict that Regent is likely to keep it. Even though Jeannie and I are not planning on dining there, we will put on our comment cards that we would like them to keep it.

Sheila, thank you so much for your very kind comments. If I see Risky I will ask her.

BTW, I wanted to ask you, there is a Sheila that posts on the Regent social club Facebook page, would that perchance be you, or some other Regent - loving Sheila?

I only posted once regarding sailing on the Diamond.

:cool::halo:

Jackie, the dress code at the pool grill is relaxed, however the evening dress code on the ship has not changed. So theoretically, one should not be able to go from the pool grill to the lounges, etc, in shorts, jeans, etc. To what exit this will be enforced remains to be seen, but I can tell you tell you that I have NOT noticed people dressed inappropriately in the public areas.

I will certainly relate your welcome well wished to Risky if I see her again.

Thanks so much.

In terms of Risky, she has spent most of the past two years on Explorer and I would be surprised if she is not on Splendor when she debuts in 2020. When we saw her last, she was excited to be returning to the Voyager with her husband because the Voyager visits Asia. My point is that she could be on almost any ship after her current contract ends.

We very much agree.

We had dinner in Chartreuse tonight, will post about it tomorrow. But I just wanted to mention that after dinner, we went down to Compass Rose to check out the menu and see what we missed, and

HORRORS -We missed the miso glazed sea bass!

But no worries thanks to the good counsel of the helpful members of this forum, we knew that we could special request it for another night. So we spoke to a head waiter, and arranged to be having it 2 nights from now.

Hooray for Cruise Critic!