Live from the Voyager, R/T Venice:"long time, first time"

boblerm

That desert looks so decadent. I think I gained two pounds looking at it.

Venice is always a beautiful sail away. Enjoy!

Btw, you two don’t look like you have been married that long. Both of you look young and vivacious. Enjoy the rest of your romantic cruise.

Thanks so much, but I will agree that 50% of us look young and vivacious!:D

Am loving your posts, Boblerm! And your photos are fantastic....most of all the ones of you and Jeannie. We'll be on the Voyager in a few weeks so will be especially interested in how she looks and feels to you. Our last time on Voyager was ages ago. Wishing you both enormous amounts of happiness and joy! Bonnie

Am loving your posts, Boblerm! And your photos are fantastic....most of all the ones of you and Jeannie. We'll be on the Voyager in a few weeks so will be especially interested in how she looks and feels to you. Our last time on Voyager was ages ago. Wishing you both enormous amounts of happiness and joy! Bonnie
Thanks so much Bonnie, there have been some changes in the Voyager, some for the better, some not so much, as I will be detailing later. But on the whole, the Voyager isa fabulous ship IMO, and if you enjoyed it before, you will enjoy it again.

Bob

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Absolutely loving your posts and photos really cheered up my lunch break. The sail in to Kotor, followed by our own exploring of the town was one of the highlights of my life, I am sure you will love it.
Really looking into our sail into Kotor. I plan on getting up early to watch the sail-in, whether that actually happens or not remains to be seen. [emoji6]

Your dinner looks fabulous, but you must have gotten married when you were both about 15. Is that even legal?
Jeannie was 15. I'm sure that it's legal somewhere. [emoji6][emoji16]

A word about our suite - we are in an E concierge level suite, but categories D through H are physically identical. At the last renovation, the Regent planners, in their infinite wisdom, have seen fit to remove the drawers that were in the living area, and replace them with the glass cases that were previously above.* Sorry, I just don't get this. Why take something that worked perfectly well and screw it up? There is a chest of drawers in the closet, but it is a little awkward to access, and we found it convenient to keep our stuff separate. Oh well, it is what it is, and we are managing. But for those who are traveling in one of these suites, and would like some more storage options, I have 2 words for you:

Packing cubes

88cbdb9188c7d42a2fef594608e6104f.jpg

Also, for my fellow North Americans, our electric outlets are a little scarce, I would suggest bringing adapters.

348780220a1284425c6c2a9a405feff5.jpg

Really looking into our sail into Kotor. I plan on getting up early to watch the sail-in, whether that actually happens or not remains to be seen. [emoji6]

Don’t forget you have to sail out the same way you come in so don’t worry.

Loved the photos of the Sailaway from Venice. For two reasons: 1) we sailed INTO Venice on the Mariner a few years ago in total fog. Saw nothing (fortunately we had sailed into Venice before in the early 70s...) 2) Sailed out of Venice last November in rain and fog. Saw nothing. So for those reasons I LOVED seeing what I had missed!!

The food looks amazing. And I would settle for lobster and crab cakes etc over steak any time! Thanks for taking us along - I am enjoying the ride.

Kotor - most gorgeous and most southerly fjord I know. Do be on deck, forward, when you sail into the Bay. it is "magic mystical" in the early morning.

I was planning on posting a photo of the hallway carpeting in the Voyager , but thought better of it out of concern for those that are easily frightened.

But I will say this- it is not quite as hideous looking in real life as it appears on photos.

Loved the photos of the Sailaway from Venice. For two reasons: 1) we sailed INTO Venice on the Mariner a few years ago in total fog. Saw nothing (fortunately we had sailed into Venice before in the early 70s...) 2) Sailed out of Venice last November in rain and fog. Saw nothing. So for those reasons I LOVED seeing what I had missed!!

The food looks amazing. And I would settle for lobster and crab cakes etc over steak any time! Thanks for taking us along - I am enjoying the ride.

Kotor - most gorgeous and most southerly fjord I know. Do be on deck, forward, when you sail into the Bay. it is "magic mystical" in the early morning.

Thank you Gerry, I am glad that I had nice weather for our sailaway from Venice, this is our second one, and it is something special.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Jeannie has just brought to my attention that it is possible that not everyone is in tune with my warped sense of humor which runs toward the ironic. Much of what I say needs to be taken with several grains of salt.

She as not actually 15 when we got married. And it is taking all of my willpower to resist adding "she was really 16".

Totally agre with you about the removal of the drawers in the cabin. That was where I put all George’s foldable stuff. The closet was mine except for a very small area for his hanging clothes and boots. Do not like having to share my space.

Don’t worry about causing heart attacks by posting a picture of the hideous carpeting. I already posted one a couple of months ago, so anyone with a delicate heart is already in ICU.

Our tour in Split today was "A Taste of Split". We visited the Gallery of Ivan Mestrovic, , a famous Croatian sculptor,impressive grounds and artwork.

Then a guided walking tour of Split, which is mainly based around a huge 4th century Roman Palace, the palace of Emperor Diocletion, one of the largest Roman monuments in the world.

Then the Cathedral of St Jude, and Temple of Jupiter.

Confession: this may be tantamount to tourist blasphemy, we were to end our tour at a wine cellar,where we would have had a lunch of smoked ham and cheese and served Croatian wine. We had the option of returning to the ship and have a lunch of a wide variety of delicious selections of pretty much anything we wanted, with lots of wine choices at La Veranda.

We chose the latter.

After lunch, we wandered into the pool area, where we found that there was special pasta station at the pool grille, but we were too stuffed to try any.

Note to self: READ THE *&^%#@$%^PASSAGES!

Pics to follow.

Boblerm and Jeannie, this thread has such a feel good factor about it, as you make us all feel happy along with you both.

I so,enjoy all your photos, but it was lovely to see the photos from Split today. We had our honeymoon there 33 years ago, it was so nice to see your photos.

Keep enjoying and as everyone else has mentioned the sails into Kotor is amazing and not to be missed.

Thanks, Jean.

Dinner at Compass Rose last night. It has been mentioned before in other threads, but bears repeating the "always available" menu in CR is truly amazing. Here is what you can order any night, no pre ordering needed. 57c31068a9d297bd2ed032789999bd49.jpg

Of course, there are specials that change every night, here is last night's. 525755469fc433f18b41778473175a2b.jpg

Which leads to one downside of cruising on Regent :the agonizing decision of what to order each night. f28b3a5a8ffd9b26dfb91d7fcc332ba9.jpg