Live from the Voyager, R/T Venice:"long time, first time"

boblerm

So happy for you that you are able to appreciate and enjoy life! Have a wonderful, wonderful trip. Your sentiments are not mushy at all. We totally agree about grabbing life’s experiences when you can. Your posts are really making me smile. Keep them coming!

Great photos and also great idea of Champagne with Grand Marnier - bit like Apérol Spritz I suppose? Will try it.

Have a wonderful cruise...look forward to meeting you on 14 March 2020 on the Splendour (I don't like the US spelling of that word!!)

We get on the Voyager 6/22 in Barcelona and finish in Venice, so interested in your posts. Who is your cruise director?
Cruisealert, the cd is Paul Reynolds. Haven't had a chance to get to know him yet, strangely there was no "welcome aboard" show tonight as there has been on other cruises we have been on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WARNING... mushy sentimentaly ahead... WARNING

After sailing on 40 cruises, give or take, we still get a thrill when first setting foot on a ship.

Jeannie and I have a long standing tradition, the first thing we do after boarding is to go to the pool deck and toast the cruise with a glass of champaign with Grand Marnier. While we have always enjoyed this, these days it has taken on a whole new meaning to us. After a prolonged period of illness, treatment, and uncertainty, this little "ritual", if you will, just crystallizes in our minds how truly blessed we are. No matter what the future holds, to be feeling good and able to do what we love is a feeling that defies description with words. ca3470256d2c27485d6ecffb255bd765.jpg

I warned you, did I not?

Well said. Your sentiment is taken to heart. Only wish we could all have the same mentality. You truly are a blessed couple. Enjoy your cruise and please keep posting; we are following closely.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked with my husband about “long time, first time”, Connecticut native that he is, who immediately said, “Mike and the Mad Dog”, a very favorite sports station, which I have known about for many years. Good to know that Regent fans appreciate NE sports radio !

The heat index is 102 today in middle America. I would rather have heat with scenery anytime. And I might say your pictures show both of you as cool and dapper.
Tulok, I don't think I have been accused before of being cool OR dapper, but I 'll take it! [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Well said. Your sentiment is taken to heart. Only wish we could all have the same mentality. You truly are a blessed couple. Enjoy your cruise and please keep posting; we are following closely.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much, we greatly appreciate your thoughts and wishes.

Just checked with my husband about “long time, first time”, Connecticut native that he is, who immediately said, “Mike and the Mad Dog”, a very favorite sports station, which I have known about for many years. Good to know that Regent fans appreciate NE sports radio !
Big fan of WFAN, but I must confess that I never actually called in. [emoji6]

Following your posts with excitement. We hope to be doing this itinerary on the Voyager next summer. Our best wishes for a healthy and safe journey.

Enjoy every precious moment!

Sheila and Herb

It is a great itinerary, almost all new ports for us!

Good morning, we are sailing into Split, Croatia.

Yesterday evening we had to try to coordinate muster, sailaway from Venice, and our dinner reservation at Prime 7. So we had to be dressed and ready for the evening before muster.

Muster was, as always, more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

After muster we went to the Observation Lounge for cocktails. fefd5f6b795115715612555df13efa34.jpg

Can you believe this beautiful woman has kept me around for 45 years? Sometimes I have to pinch myself.

We had dinner at Prime 7. Our go-to meal has generally been surf and turf- lobster tail and filet mignon. But now you can get lobster tail any night at Compass Rose, and the filet on our last visit was just ok. So we changed our routine and had surf and turf of crab legs and ribeye. Livin' on the edge.

For apps we had tuna tartare and crab cake. d29970afe2a45d283606136596e6e6cd.jpg

ca382ed3cfe3090b67d17660176747a9.jpg

We often skip desert, but not at Prime 7, which has my favorite desert in the entire world, popcorn caramel sundae. 7fc9b467f3dd56d50bcc36ff98009472.jpg

Jeannie just informed me that I forgot to say that dinner was delicious, cooked exactly as we ordered. Service was very leisurely, that suits us fine as we hate to be rushed through dinner.

That desert looks so decadent. I think I gained two pounds looking at it.

Venice is always a beautiful sail away. Enjoy!

Btw, you two don’t look like you have been married that long. Both of you look young and vivacious. Enjoy the rest of your romantic cruise.