Live from the Voyager, R/T Venice:"long time, first time"

boblerm

We had no walking tour of Koper, but I had a little stroll around. I don't think that there is all that much to see her but what there is was worth the visit 44f2a0212829e9b3a4680ba3025262a1.jpg

ef637afda28cd4de7ef391653091bd22.jpg

9cc88b6d94ce9e92d844e0be969de55c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes you do...enjoying a sea day is the best to us. Enjoy your cruise, I know we enjoy your postings. Thanks so much for taking the time, even on a sea day.............
If memory serves, you 2 also know how to enjoy time on the ship - am I remembering that right?

For dinner at Compass Rose one of us had lobster tails, the other, I won't tell you which, was little piggy, and he ordered a combination of veal medallions and lobster tails. [emoji33]

At the Beatles dance party, a Regent staple, a splendid time is guaranteed for all. fa3af01c156c2704bcef0c180c845c62.jpg

The last night of a cruise is a bittersweet time. Sweet because you have garnered more wonderful experiences to add to your memory banks, bitter because, well, for obvious reasons.

But I told Jeannie that if she plays her cards right, perhaps one day I'll take her on another.

I have been using this line for, more or less, every vacation we have taken for 45 years.

And yet, she loves me still.

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Docking in Venice this morning, here was our neighbor. And as a Regent cruiser, how proud I am to have such a "classy" parent company.

(just kidding, NCL, we love you) 7d3fd92651c347396b371eb8e877240f.jpg

Summing up-

I may have on this thread sounded at times like a Regent "cheerleader" . If that is the case, it is not out of any particular loyalty that I have for Regent, it is simply because Regent delivers a product that well suits our needs and at least so far, has been consistently enjoyable.

Was our cruise perfect? Certainly not.

Were there any service glitches, were any courses of any meals less than expected? Did we encounter any servers whose personality was less than sparkling? Yes, all 3.

Did our cabin attendant have to be reminded to bring us something we requested? Yes, I think once.

Did any of the singers hit an off note or any of the dancers misstep? Well, no actually, not that I could tell. But the lighting for one of the shows was really crappy.

And, for me, the storage space in my suite was sub-par.

Did any of these things impede our ability to have an absolutely fantastic time of this cruise? Not even close.

Do I enjoy interviewing myself? Apparently so. But I digress.

There is an expression, "the perfect is the enemy of the good". While I am not entirely certain what this is supposed to mean, to me it means that if your expectation is perfection, and nothing less will satisfy, then you may lose your ability to appreciate and enjoy something that is really, really good.

None of the cruises that I have taken on Regent have been perfect.

But they have, without exception, been really, really good.

And I look forward to more.

I loved the on scene reporting. You are quite the Anderson Cooper.

19 days until we board a plane to Barcelona for our first Regent cruise. Your pictures have built my excitement for a pounds increasing, friends building, culture acquiring cruise.

Thank Bob. I've been following your reports with great interest and enjoyment; with quite a few chuckles which I've shared with Cel. I've also salivated more then usual over the past week. We're cruising around Greek isles in a few weeks. Do you have any info from others who attempted private travel, via the cable car, in Santorini? I'm concerned that we may find ourselves in a lengthy queue to get up to Thira in the morning (We're not worried about the trip down - we've done the donkey track before and while not easy, it has proven to be one of the really memorable experiences from our travels). So,if you have any info you picked up from others, it will be most helpful. If faced with a long queue, which I suspect is very likely, then we'll do a ship excursion instead.

Regards

Tony

Wow! Your photography was surpurb. The clarity, crispness and angles are the best I have seen on CC. Thanks so much for sharing them.

You have whet my appetite for next summer in the Adriatic. I wish I knew how to post the photos because we will be seeing great sights in Norway on our August Navigator cruise.

Sorry this thread is coming to an end. It was one of the best yet. Hoping you are planning another cruise because I can’t wait to follow. Safe travels home.

Regards

Sheila

Wow! Your photography was surpurb. The clarity, crispness and angles are the best I have seen on CC. Thanks so much for sharing them.

You have whet my appetite for next summer in the Adriatic. I wish I knew how to post the photos because we will be seeing great sights in Norway on our August Navigator cruise.

Sorry this thread is coming to an end. It was one of the best yet. Hoping you are planning another cruise because I can’t wait to follow. Safe travels home.

Regards

Sheila

Agree with you. I believe that they are on "our" cruise. It would be wonderful to leave the photography to someone who takes wonderful photos!

Regards

Sheila

I concur with everything Bellagio Cruisers said. Thanks so much for your blog, Bob

Agree with you. I believe that they are on "our" cruise. It would be wonderful to leave the photography to someone who takes wonderful photos!

Bob

Hope you are right Jackie!

Are you and your BW on the Splendor, LAX to MIA, March 14th, 2020? If so, we look forward to meeting both of you.

Sheila and Herb

We cruised on the Explorer in the Caribbean in March. We had 4 sea days and spent them all pretty much like that. We know how to have a good time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Splendor (or Splendour...) is underway at Fincantieri yards in Ancona. Did you see anything of her??

Sent from my iPad using Forums