Why check in so early?

I am a procrastinator. Things change in life, so why do something so far ahead of time that you’re only re-doing it two or three times? Of course, my DH is a Prompt Peter, so we have some interesting “discussions.”

However, there are two things which I always do early. The first is return to the ship on a port day (I’m NOT doing the pier sprint with 1,000 people watching.). The second is on-line check-in. It makes our next cruise “real” and me very, very happy and excited.

I’m very glad I did for our July cruise because I learned my printer isn’t printing in color so I have plenty of time to get it fixed or buy a new one.

I did online check in for my July 1st sailing and printed set sail pass but didn't see any mention of luggage tags. Is that something I should search for to print ?
I was able to print my luggage tags for my July 13th cruise...the option was at the beginning of my online check in. (Which I thought was odd) Perhaps you can call RCI..

Sent from my SM-J320P using Forums mobile app

I did online check in for my July 1st sailing and printed set sail pass but didn't see any mention of luggage tags. Is that something I should search for to print ?

Do you have Choice Air reservations? Sometimes that causes cruise docs and luggage tags to be delayed. If not, then call RC and ask them why your cruise docs are not ready.

I am a procrastinator. Things change in life, so why do something so far ahead of time that you’re only re-doing it two or three times? Of course, my DH is a Prompt Peter, so we have some interesting “discussions.”

However, there are two things which I always do early. The first is return to the ship on a port day (I’m NOT doing the pier sprint with 1,000 people watching.). The second is on-line check-in. It makes our next cruise “real” and me very, very happy and excited.

I’m very glad I did for our July cruise because I learned my printer isn’t printing in color so I have plenty of time to get it fixed or buy a new one.

Is printing in color mandatory? We only have a b&w laser printer. I can have hubby print at work if required.

You can sometimes do my time dinning over 200 days before a trip. I would do MTD ASAP because the good times can fill up.

I also would not wait until the last minute to do check in because there are still issues with the web site having intermittent problems.

It has been a while since I have cruised on RCCL. You choose your time for MTD before you get on the ship for all of your days of the cruise?

The other side is, why not check in early?

I check in, when I get around to it. Not as early as possible and not as late as possible.

I recently did the check in for a cruise about 60 days out.

Color is not required. We have always printed ours in color but our printer was out of color ink and we didn't feel like having to go on and do it again so ours are in black and white. Just not a big deal. I've discovered I'm a much more laid back cruiser than I was a few years ago. This would have had me frantically heading to Staples in the past. Nah...black and white looks good.

My cruise is in 2 weeks. I better check online again to see if I have option to print luggage tags. I did purchase air from Air2Sea. We are staying in Barcelona 3 nights before cruise so I only need to attach the tags before we board the ship. I will look again online. That RCCL website is so darn confusing!

My cruise is in 2 weeks. I better check online again to see if I have option to print luggage tags. I did purchase air from Air2Sea. We are staying in Barcelona 3 nights before cruise so I only need to attach the tags before we board the ship. I will look again online. That RCCL website is so darn confusing!

Even with Air2Sea, you should have luggage tags ready by now. If you don't a "Print Luggage Tags" button on the same page as online check-in, call Royal.

Is printing in color mandatory? We only have a b&w laser printer. I can have hubby print at work if required.

No, it’s not. But the one time I printed in B&W and DH saw that our traveling companions’ tags were in color, he panicked until I bought a highlighter and colored it to look like their tags.

You can sometimes do my time dinning over 200 days before a trip. I would do MTD ASAP because the good times can fill up.

I also would not wait until the last minute to do check in because there are still issues with the web site having intermittent problems.

It just opened for my cruise in January.

I check in as early as possible, and save all the documents as pdf files, then print a week before we sail. I had to print our setsail passes three times for our Freedom sailing because of an upgrade and then a cabin change.

We're 89 days out from our cruise, according to my account. Check in opened yesterday. Are there pros and cons to doing it now? I'm sure we will check in online before going, but is there any benefit to doing it at 89 days as opposed to say, 10 days?

Well, it takes the same amount of time at 89 days than at 10 days, and the info is the same. The pro is you have it completed. The con is that you don't have it completed. It's that simple.