3 day Dining package - Can we upgrade once onboard?

TheTides

Hey!

We are looking at choosing the 3 day dining package as one of our perks. We usually do the full length dining package for our sailing, so we were wondering is there a way once we get the 3 day as a perk, to upgrade to a higher amount of evenings for a discounted price?

Thanks

Prices on-board are more than prices online.....

CLICK HERE

"Save by purchasing in advance. Above prices reflect a Special Online Pre-Purchase Price of $10 USD off the original price."

Also, it's "meals" not "days". If you use 2 in one day, that counts as 2 of 3 uses.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

To clarify. You can’t upgrade from a 3 meal to a 7 meal (for example), by paying the difference in price between those two packages. You have to buy a separate 4 meal package. It costs a lot more than it would if you could upgrade between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likewise, we have chosen the 3 meal package for pax 1 and 2. We have 2 kids travelling with us (age 9 and 13) , should we prepurchase (I guess I meant for my 13 yr old son) or should we do on board?txs

Likewise, we have chosen the 3 meal package for pax 1 and 2. We have 2 kids travelling with us (age 9 and 13) , should we prepurchase (I guess I meant for my 13 yr old son) or should we do on board?txs

If you want to save the $10, it is best to pre-purchase the meal package before on board.

It cost $10 extra on board, NCL changed it.

For example, the $69 3-meals package it would cost $79 on board.

The 20% gratuity is not included, so you would have to pay that as well.

Thanks! Do you know if there is a way to upgrade our dining package to more meals before we embark?

You can not upgrade. You can buy another 4 night package.

(The distinction being that a 4-night package costs more per meal than a 7-night package. The difference is small. )

You can not upgrade. You can buy another 4 night package.

(The distinction being that a 4-night package costs more per meal than a 7-night package. The difference is small. )

Rather than just saying stuff like “the difference is small”, it’s probably more helpful to actually state what that “small” difference is.

Based on the costs that I found when I searched for dining package costs (they may possibly not be the most recent ones, but the conclusion will work anyway), this is what we get.

3 meals - $69 ($23 per meal)

7 meals - $129 ($18.42 per meal).

I’m sure many wouldn’t class that 25% difference as small.

Now, let’s look at how much upgrading from a 3 meal package could cost if you could just pay the difference compared to having to buy a 4 meal package.

If you could upgrade - $60 ($15 per meal)

Buying a 4 meal package - $84 ($21 per meal).

I’m not going to comment on whether that extra $24 (40%) is small or not. But I certainly wouldn’t be happy to just tell everyone that is it a “small” difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithJenner