Which line has more kids?............

klfhngr

Seaside June 2nd-9th, didn't have very many kids. So few in fact, the 11-14 and 15-17 kids clubs were combined the whole week and my kids said it was still sparse. The kids water play area had kids in it, but only a few at a time. There are also very few activities planned for kids on Seaside, so if you're looking for your kids, you might pick another line. If you're looking to be away from kids, Seaside might be a good choice.

Do it, we did ..... why so apprehensive ?

I don't like kids.. jk.. I don't like a lot of kids running all over.. Some parents let their kids roam all over, run the hallways, pissss in pool, etc.. I don't want that.. Didn't let my kids do it, hence I don't want to be surrounded by too many kids.. Please don't get me wrong, I love kids.. Well mannered kids...

I don't like kids.. jk.. I don't like a lot of kids running all over.. Some parents let their kids roam all over, run the hallways, pissss in pool, etc.. I don't want that.. Didn't let my kids do it, hence I don't want to be surrounded by too many kids.. Please don't get me wrong, I love kids.. Well mannered kids...

I've heard the main pools on MSC Seaside are 6' deep. Does this mean there are less kiddies in them? Or does MSC provide the lil ones with flotation jackets like Carnival does?

MSC is very family friendly, but their family friendly is not the drop the kids at embarkation, let them roam free, and pick up on the way off the ship that some people equate with family friendly..

On MSC, family friendly means encouraging families to spend time together.

While there is a children's program, most children (at least those being to families from outside the USA), are firmly in parental control if not in the children's program.

The family activities during the day are just that. They are planned and run for parents and children together. If Mom or Dad are too busy to attend, the child gets to stay in the children's program.

Thankfully, MSC also does not encourage the two fisted drinking culture of some lines which means the parents are not blotto (excuse, have a buzz) while children run free.

On both our Divina cruises, we saw ship's officers corral unattended children and track down their parents.

As someone who cruised with our daughter from when she was a toddler, we also do not want to be around the free range terrors that many parent unleash on board. MSC expects parents to be parents.

I think if you stick to off season times - and remember that spring break is a season, not just a couple of weeks (more like end of Feb - mid-April) and don't forget holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and Easter, you will most likely be good. Also, longer than 7 night cruises will seriously reduce the number of children on board.