New Bliss and Suites = Rip Off

I did my research and I’ve been on 14 cruises so let’s try this again.

1) Never had a coal mine out back like this ship it’s horrible. Usually a little black specks on the Aft but nothing this bad.

2) They should figure out a better way for Haven aft cabins to get drinks without having to go up to deck 15 in the front, especially when all other Haven cabins have a bar 20 steps away.

3) They shouldn’t charge anyone paying thousands for a cruise $9.99 for go kart rides.

So what I’m saying is if you do pay for the Haven on this ship don’t get an AFT cabin as it’s not worth it whatsoever. Sure you get nice views in port but when we’re underway the back can’t be used.

I’ll have pics and videos as well as a full review up once home.

1) so what did the hotel director say when you told him about the heavy black ash?

2) i agree that drink service should be free for aft Haven for the price you are paying.

maybe ask your butler to fetch your drinks???

3) read the other threads about the go karts.

they are sold out on day one at $10!!!!!!!!

market, meet supply

1) so what did the hotel director say when you told him about the heavy black ash?

2) i agree that drink service should be free for aft Haven for the price you are paying.

maybe ask your butler to fetch your drinks???

3) read the other threads about the go karts.

they are sold out on day one at $10!!!!!!!!

market, meet supply

If the butler brought drinks to the room there would be a charge for the drinks.

Just like if someone outside the Haven called room service and ordered alcohol, they would be charged.

OP - Lesson of the day is to never criticize the corporation. Especially on a website dedicated to being a critic of the corporations. Open your wallet, hand over your money, and if you're unsatisfied with the product, it's somehow your fault.

I need to get in the cruise line business. What other industry has such cheerleaders for a brand? I guess Apple is up there...

You should see what happens when you post a pan on the CC RCI section. The loyal royals will tear you to pieces. :eek:

As for the OP ,who hasn't responded, I have a bit of sympathy but as others have posted, none of the issues should have come as a surprise. The soot is a reasonable complaint if it was noted while still on the ship.

We were on the Bliss aft balcony for the June 2 sailing and had wonderful views. We used a beach towel a couple of times to wipe the railing but it only was a minute of my time not a big deal. We were on the 14th deck. Our door was never covered with soot.

• 2 years later...

To chime in on the go-cart, I think perhaps the OP was not clear. I too was disappointed in the go-carts. 

Background, family of four, boys ages 5 and 8. This is our big once a year family vacation. The boys watch the NCL videos, are pumped about the go karts. It's their must do on the vacation. We get reservations, but they are so jam packed, we get 7 pm on a Thursday, which adds complexity to the evening. Ok, my fault, poor planning and I accept that.

The boys need adults to ride with them. My wife and I both pay. Its a treat for the kids, I'm ok with spending the money, it's a vacation, right? Again, NCL has been upfront there is an extra charge. I'm ok with that.

So we get in line, we go through the training, we do the ride. The ride is 8 laps. As we had to make reservations, and block this time, it seems like it's a big production, well organized. The ride ends after about 3-4 minutes. It ends, I'm expecting since we booked a block of time, we had 2 or three rounds. The person undoes our seatbelts and says 'exit that way' and the kids are looking at me like 'that was it? 3 minutes? '

So yeah. I get that its an extra charge, I think the problem is that the experience received for the charge was disappointing. And quite honestly, there is nowhere that is clear that the charge is for one ride. Go Karts are usually based on a time charge. I get it, its a cruise line, they are there to make money. I just feel like it wasn't really clear up front. In the end buyer beware, I didn't complain and I ended up taking the kids to the arcade to soothe the disappointment. (Doing another round wasn't an option, as it was Thursday, and there was no more availability). It didn't ruin the holiday though.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 6:51 PM, BigCruiseFunNC said:

NCL provides a private bar to the Haven guests in the front. When they advertise these rooms as “The Haven Aft Penthouse Suites” they really should provide us with a closer bar or not charge us $35 service fee for the Butler to bring us wine with our dinner in the room.

Right on   NCL  site it states  the Decks that the Aft Cabins are located on  9-15

The other haven rooms are on decks 17-18 which gives you direct access to the Haven Lounge and Restaurant. Decks 17-18 is the all inclusive areas of the Haven. I am sorry -- Didn't you even look at the decks Plans.  But when you booked and picked a cabin the deck plan shows up and shows you where the cabin is, Did  you  not pay attention to that. Bc if you did, you would have seen what was on that deck. And the Haven lounge is not.

The issue of the Butler bringing you  your drinks has been discussed many times on here before and the charges that are incurred. And no offense what is the issue that you have to walk to go get  a drink? You hop on the aft elevator and get off at the pool and go to waves bar and get a drink. And if  you had to pay a charge then that is on you , for you did not do your due diligence to learn about the Haven  and what the butler does for free and what has a charge attached to it.

sorry, i completely disagree.  1st off, before anyone spends that kind of money for a suite or a haven, they ought to know what comes and what doesnt.  

i really sorry, you have to walk all the way thru the ship to get to the haven   to get a drink(sarcasm intended) 

as for the go carts, people are advised before they book, that there is an extra charge. 

between the butler, concierge, the ability to get priority boarding and disembarking, priority dinner  reservations, and theater seating, plus the exclusive haven area, away from the crowds, i think this more than justifies the extra costs.

coming back from a shore excursion, i have often called the butler to bring an ice cold beer, and NEVER been charged extra.  he has also exchanged the bottle of sparkling wine for a bottle of prosceco which my wife prefers.

i have read threads where people complain ncl nickels and dimes their passengers. simple solution, no one is forcing you to buy these things.

also, if youre  in a suite and paying that kind of money, why quibble about an extra $10,00 to  use the go karts. if they were free for haven guests, then the people who book regular "suites" would probably complain. if ncl gave them a freebie, the club suites would probably complain. where would it stop?

if you ever intend to cruise again, why dont you try and merely enjoy the trip.

youve already learned what to expect and not expect, so fool me once shame on you,, fool metwice shame on me.

1 hour ago, tumblew467 said:

Right on   NCL  site it states  the Decks that the Aft Cabins are located on  9-15

The other haven rooms are on decks 17-18 which gives you direct access to the Haven Lounge and Restaurant. Decks 17-18 is the all inclusive areas of the Haven. I am sorry -- Didn't you even look at the decks Plans.  But when you booked and picked a cabin the deck plan shows up and shows you where the cabin is, Did  you  not pay attention to that. Bc if you did, you would have seen what was on that deck. And the Haven lounge is not.

The issue of the Butler bringing you  your drinks has been discussed many times on here before and the charges that are incurred. And no offense what is the issue that you have to walk to go get  a drink? You hop on the aft elevator and get off at the pool and go to waves bar and get a drink. And if  you had to pay a charge then that is on you , for you did not do your due diligence to learn about the Haven  and what the butler does for free and what has a charge attached to it.

You are responding to a posting that is three years old. The poster has probably gotten over it by now. 

• Like 1

Someone had buyer's remorse.  Those are the most trivial and petty excuses for not liking a Haven suite.  They picked an aft cabin yet complain its too far to the Haven bar LOL

No one forced you to pick an aft Haven cabin with a huge balcony and amazing views. If you want to have a suite next to the Haven bar, pick deck 17.

Yes I know this thread is 3 years old but I find it refreshing of the stuff we used to debate about here on CC.  ***Sigh*** I miss those days.  Not much to talk about these days except cancelled cruises and high prices.🙄

Now a question for old times sake.  If I'm in a Haven suite but my mother's cousin's sister and her family are in an aft balcony, could we board together?  If I want to eat The Local wings in the Haven restaurant can my cousin stay and watch me eat?   He is platinum and staying in the studio cabins if he agrees to pay a surcharge?  Would the butler bring us drinks if one foot is out of the Haven while I am visiting friends outside the Haven hallway? 🤔

Edited by david_sobe
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Someone had buyer's remorse.  Those are the most trivial and petty excuses for not liking a Haven suite.  They picked an aft cabin yet complain its too far to the Haven bar LOL

No one forced you to pick an aft Haven cabin with a huge balcony and amazing views. If you want to have a suite next to the Haven bar, pick deck 17.

Yes I know this thread is 3 years old but I find it refreshing of the stuff we used to debate about here on CC.  ***Sigh*** I miss those days.  Not much to talk about these days except cancelled cruises and high prices.🙄

Now a question for old times sake.  If I'm in a Haven suite but my mother's cousin's sister and her family are in an aft balcony, could we board together?  If I want to eat The Local wings in the Haven restaurant can my cousin stay and watch me eat?   He is platinum and staying in the studio cabins if he agrees to pay a surcharge?  Would the butler bring us drinks if one foot is out of the Haven while I am visiting friends outside the Haven hallway? 🤔

by the way, wouldnt your mother's cousins sister be you mother's cousin also, and if the cousins brought their mother, this would be your mother's aunt, where would she sleep.

the possibilities are endless. 

on the serious side though, we're traveling with a friend, and we have a haven, but she's booked into a balcony. when we board, i've considered giving the concierge what i lovingly refer to as the "vegas handshake" ($20) to see if she ca nboard with us. 

9 minutes ago, complawyer said:

on the serious side though, we're traveling with a friend, and we have a haven, but she's booked into a balcony. when we board, i've considered giving the concierge what i lovingly refer to as the "vegas handshake" ($20) to see if she ca nboard with us. 

We had a suite a few years ago on NCL and our daughter and her boyfriend had a balcony.  Our suite allowed expedited boarding, and they allowed our daughter and her boyfriend to board with us at the same time.  Not sure if it was because she was related or that she was part of our party.

On 6/18/2018 at 3:21 PM, smithop said:

Ah but NCL calls them Haven Aft Facing Penthouse with balcony.

I can see where there would be confusion and appreciate reading the OPs comments.

4501f6a044579d0bf2ce41d2ca35228e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure how there could be any confusion as you pick your room number and see that you are not near the haven area. 

21 minutes ago, jetact said:

Not sure how there could be any confusion as you pick your room number and see that you are not near the haven area. 

by the way, haven "suites" can be found on various deck depending on the ship. the writer was just angry he/she had to walk along the ship to get to the haven lounge.  i have no sympathy. we booked an aft haven suite on the epic a few years ago, although i didnt like the way the cabin was set up, (bed took almost the entire space), i had no problem walking from there to the actual haven area.

we were on the jade a few years ago, and as you exited the cabin, the haven pool was just outside our room. 

seems to me, the joy/fun/excitement of being on an actual cruise, outweighs these small inconveniences.