Internet Packages Disappeared

Coffeeluvr05

Just checked our Royal November booking and no longer see by minute packages (or unlimited), but I don't look often since our Elite minutes is plenty for us. We've always seen the packages available pre-cruise. They were listed a few months ago for this cruise.

Is the Elite "unlimited for free" something new? - or just on Regal...

I believe it’s free for Platinum/Elite on the Regal because people who booked early believed that it would be an Ocean Medallion Voyage as promoted ... which isn’t working on most of the ship. And, I’m much happier with free unlimited on our Sept TA than I would have been with Ocean Medallion.

We are booked on the Emerald for the 28 day South Pacific round trip in Oct. The internet minute plans disappeared a few days ago but now are back and appear to be the same but I don't know this for sure. No unlimited plan listed.

Quick summary:

Princess contracted with a company with a newly completed constellation of ultra-high bandwidth satellites,

committed to by-bandwidth plans using those satellites, THEN they realized they sailed ships where those

satellites can't be reached and have ...gone back to the drawing board.

Princess just let me know that as of today, the new packages will be available onboard the Emerald, Diamond, Sea and Sun! They may not be available online for right now, but they should be available onboard. That's fantastic news to me!!

I discovered that the internet packages returned on my upcoming sailing on the Grand. There were three options of unlimited internet, based on type of use.

Strangely, the 2019 booking I have on the Sky is showing the minute plans. Hard to believe that a brand new ship is not being outfitted with the latest and greatest in internet. Maybe things will change as it gets closer to completion.

Princess just let me know that as of today, the new packages will be available onboard the Emerald, Diamond, Sea and Sun! They may not be available online for right now, but they should be available onboard. That's fantastic news to me!!

Would be good news, but Emerald's are back in my Personalizer today ...as buy-the-minute. :')

Would be good news, but Emerald's are back in my Personalizer today ...as buy-the-minute. :')

Yes, that's why I called! I thought they'd come back as the new plans... they said they are trying to add them. Hopefully they show up soon, but he said it's possible those options wouldn't be available until onboard. But hey, at the end of the day - as long as I can use those plans, that's great!

I used it on the Golden last month and it was great! (slow, but great!) Such an improvement!

I’m on the Royal in August, and the Internet by minute packages are showing available for purchase. I was really hoping it would change to the unlimited!

We are on the July 12th Royal and they said they would be available on board.