What's your preferred table size ?

Host Hattie

What's your preferred table size ?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preferred table size ?

• More

That's why we avoid large tables at breakfast & lunch and on other lines with "anytime" dining, the same conversation over and over again. Sharing with the same group you quickly move beyond the tedious to much more interesting conversations.

We must have been lucky, we've not yet had a bad experience on a Cunard shared dinner table.

We usually cruise rather than cross so if all else fails there is always the ports as a topic of conversation.

I have had 3 different long time jobs .I tend to vary in my reply regarding employment.

We like a table for 8 at dinner but don't mind what size table for breakfast or lunch. Quite often my OH will not bother with lunch so I often get sat with strangers but don't mind this as it is usually nice to meet and talk to new people.

We like to be on a table for two, for dinner, on a large table you may be delayed in the waiter taking your order due some other members of your table going for cocktails, fair enough, but when other members of your table are delayed is that fair. At breakfast and lunch, we are willing to sit with other guest and enjoy the company.;p

Table for 2

When I go to a good restaurant ashore I would not expect to share a table.

For me same applies on a ship.

Interesting point, but what about maritime culture and norms?

I would never share a table on dry land (except for railway dining cars in the US and Canada), but on a ship I consider a table for 8 the norm and a table for two the exception.

I would never share a table on dry land (except for railway dining cars in the US and Canada), but on a ship I consider a table for 8 the norm and a table for two the exception.

So far, the poll suggests otherwise.

I started a thread about doing just that a few months ago I too think the same:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2598681

We prefer and have gotten a table for 2 on our cruises. Of course it depends on our activities if we go to the Pub or Kings Court as an alternate.

Last sailing we moved once due to the table was closely sandwiched in between two others in the Club Britannia. The Maitre d kindly relocated us to a much better table which was appreciated.

There was one table that was of 6 that was not steady at dinner and one night only one couple was to be there. Maitre d asked if we could change for that one night to keep couple company. We did and it was a nice experience to help out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app