Coffee

aaalynn1

Cheers is the only beverage package that Carnival offers which includes speciality coffee.

Bottomless Bubbles only covers soda and "mixer" juice like grapefruit, cranberry, pineapple, etc.

If you do not plan to drink alcohol to excess with Cheers, paying per drink may be your best bet with specialty coffee.

Awesome, Thank you! I'm fine with the free coffee, but my father in law claims he bought a coffee package on a Princess Cruise. I'm thinking it was more like Carnivals Cheers package. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome, Thank you! I'm fine with the free coffee, but my father in law claims he bought a coffee package on a Princess Cruise. I'm thinking it was more like Carnivals Cheers package. Lol.

Other lines may offer coffee packages, I haven't really looked into them but I think they do. He may have in fact bought a coffee package from Princess.

I think Carnival coffee is good. I could drink it all day long black, but if I want to change it up I pack some powdered vanilla coffee cream!

That's a good idea. I'm planning on taking an unopened 2 oz bottle of vanilla flavored liquid stevia with me, and if it's 'beyond strong' I'll be doing half coffee/half milk. :D

Carnival also serves expresso or cappuccinos in the dining room free of charge. At least they used to! I remember a couple years ago I did that every night.

Your last cruise with Carnival must of been longer ago than a couple of years. They stopped serving specialty coffee in the MDR and specialty restaurants free of charge back in 2013. You can still have but at the upcharge menu price.

Dear aaalyn,

Your FIL is so very correct. onn Carnivals Princess Line Ships we too had those many times and well-well worth it. They look like a Bridge/Playing Card and we punched holes in each kinda like what we do cabin cards ..

IMHO, most ship coffees are a liquid mix kinda like fountain soda.

On the VISTA Ships you do have great machines in the Family Harbor Club Room too. One big problem no matter where on a ship an/or land location with similar machines are the milk/dairy tubes get cloged a lot.

Princess does have a coffee card. 15 specialty coffees for about $39.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
I think Carnival coffee is good. I could drink it all day long black, but if I want to change it up I pack some powdered vanilla coffee cream!

I have been looking for someone to say this. I am a coffee snob but in the way I drink it black, RARELY do I drink it with anything in it. I like a smooth coffee, is it smooth or a dark roast? Trying to decide if I bring my Black Rifle smooth coffee with me and an aero press or if I go for the free coffee. We will be on Liberty in November for our first cruise!

Dear aaalyn,

Your FIL is so very correct. onn Carnivals Princess Line Ships we too had those many times and well-well worth it. They look like a Bridge/Playing Card and we punched holes in each kinda like what we do cabin cards ..

IMHO, most ship coffees are a liquid mix kinda like fountain soda.

On the VISTA Ships you do have great machines in the Family Harbor Club Room too. One big problem no matter where on a ship an/or land location with similar machines are the milk/dairy tubes get cloged a lot.

Thanks for this

anyone who uses powdered cream, especially flavored, does not like good coffee

Well to someone who drinks coffee black, anyone who adds anything (cream or sugar) doesn't truly appreciate good coffee. ;) I'm trying to find someone who drinks black coffee to tell me how smooth or bold the coffee is.

I wish I can help with the taste of the black coffee. I gave up drinking it that way. I do like Cuban coffee. So I guess I like a very bold taste, but sweet. That said, I go with 1/2 cup of hot chocolate and the rest coffee. Sometime the hot chocolate machine does not stop in time and it is more hot chocolate with a hint of coffee flavor.

Thats my 2 cents :)

Celebrity Cruise Lines offers nonalcoholic drink package at several levels. The highest level costs $22 per day, includes soft drinks, premium coffees, milkshakes, energy drinks, virgin cocktails, premium bottled waters, and more. I would LOVE for Carnival to offer something similar.

Well to someone who drinks coffee black, anyone who adds anything (cream or sugar) doesn't truly appreciate good coffee. ;) I'm trying to find someone who drinks black coffee to tell me how smooth or bold the coffee is.

Bold is not a term I would associate with Carnival coffee, acceptable is a better description