price dropped AGAIN

jayemtom

I've been obsessively planning a cruise for about three weeks and decided on the July 27 sailing on the Sun... the price has been dropping steadily for several days and I finally "bit the bullet" and booked a balcony this morning. What do you know, the price just dropped again! I was getting a bit antsy that it could sell out. Still a fantastic rate (I think). How do you know when it's time? So looking forward to getting away for a few days. Hurricanes stay away!

Depending on who you booked with most cruise lines and or companies will honour the price drop even after final payment date within 24 hours. happen to us and after calling cruiseline and some discussion they did give us the dropped price..... Good luck

I've been obsessively planning a cruise for about three weeks and decided on the July 27 sailing on the Sun... the price has been dropping steadily for several days and I finally "bit the bullet" and booked a balcony this morning. What do you know, the price just dropped again! I was getting a bit antsy that it could sell out. Still a fantastic rate (I think). How do you know when it's time? So looking forward to getting away for a few days. Hurricanes stay away!

I would try for their price guarantee... see below from their site. Good luck!

Our price is the best price

If you find a lower published price for the same cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line, either on ncl.com or on a piece of communication directly from Norwegian, we will either:

• Re-price your cruise at the lower price
  • Or, you'll receive 110% of the difference in the form of an Onboard Credit

How To Claim Your Guarantee

Just complete the "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim form and submit it online within 48 hours of making your booking. If it meets the Guarantee criteria and you choose to receive an Onboard Credit, we will automatically attach that credit to your account. Once you are on board the ship, you can use the credit however you please.

Thanks for the info on best price guarantee. The only hesitation I have now is that I may be relocated to another cabin. My reservation is a "sail away" and the cabin has already been assigned, and from looking at the deck plans, it is in a prime location that i wouldn't want to lose for a possible $40 OBC. I don't want to jinx myself! Gahhhhh, I cannot WAIT for this trip! Also, earlier I called NCL and asked for an adjustment and was told "no" without explanation. I suppose now that they have my money, there is no reason for pleasantries. Maybe the online claim guarantee will yield better results.

I wish our cruise would drop prices. Booked a year and a half ago and our balcony is over a thousand more now.it was very exspensive when we booked it. I guess no chance of that much of a decrease.

Here's a fool proof way to avoid that in the future:

After you book the cruise at a price you like, and you are past the final payment date, stop looking at the prices. You'll just drive yourself crazy.

No one has that magic ball that can answer the question. I theory has always been, of course everyone wants the best price, but book a price you can live with and don't look back especially when you are so close to sailing. You could have seen the opposite happen and been thrilled with the price you have. We are sailing in Feb. The price on our cruise just keeps going up. thank God we choose to book so far in advance.

We recently booked an ocean view cabin on NCL after last payment was due, so we paid in full. I looked yesterday and the price of a balcony was only $70 more per person than we paid for the Oceanview, neither of which were sail away. The balcony cabin also included a higher on board spend then we had gotten and take all five, where previously we had selected the dining and beverage.

The Agent we spoke to allowed us to pay the $140 upgrade fee and move into a balcony cabin including the take all five package and the higher onboard credit spend, which negates $100 of the $140 up charge.

We really didn’t care about the other three benefits in the take all five package but it is nice that NCL allowed us to do this even after final payment was made. BTW, we had booked directly through them.

We recently booked an ocean view cabin on NCL after last payment was due, so we paid in full. I looked yesterday and the price of a balcony was only $70 more per person than we paid for the Oceanview, neither of which were sail away. The balcony cabin also included a higher on board spend then we had gotten and take all five, where previously we had selected the dining and beverage.

The Agent we spoke to allowed us to pay the $140 upgrade fee and move into a balcony cabin including the take all five package and the higher onboard credit spend, which negates $100 of the $140 up charge.

We really didn’t care about the other three benefits in the take all five package but it is nice that NCL allowed us to do this even after final payment was made. BTW, we had booked directly through them.

I just did the same thing yesterday to move up from a Mini-Suite w/ large balcony to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse.

We booked an H5 in December 2017 for Bliss Sep 8-15, 2018 Alaska Cruise at 6049.00 pp. Two weeks later it jumped to 6349.00 and we were thrilled we booked it when we did. Then every couple of weeks the price dropped anywhere from 200 pp to 600 pp. Final cost ended up be 3699 pp. I always keep checking after making my bookings. That $4700 savings better in my pocket ;).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After reading and rereading the Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions, there is no mention of final payment date limiting the guarantee. The only time sensitive terms are that the price drop must be within 48 hours of booking, and at least 7 days prior to sailing. Babs84 you saved a LOT of money!

After reading and rereading the Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions, there is no mention of final payment date limiting the guarantee. The only time sensitive terms are that the price drop must be within 48 hours of booking, and at least 7 days prior to sailing. Babs84 you saved a LOT of money!

All of my drops were way after the 48 hour limit. I believe they started dropping in April and continued pretty much every three or 4 weeks. I think we had a total of 6 or 7 price changes. All I had to do is text my PCC and would get the new confirmation within minutes. The last drop of 300.00 pp was after final payment so we could either get an upgrade or 25% of the difference as OBC. Since we were already in the Haven, we got $150 OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You got me to check our price for the end of January on the Getaway and the deal we have is better than the deal we can get now. I guess just like hotels it pays to recheck every so often.

You got me to check our price for the end of January on the Getaway and the deal we have is better than the deal we can get now. I guess just like hotels it pays to recheck every so often.

I think they overpriced the Bliss because it was Alaska and it’s new design with Observation Lounges. After months of not selling H5’s (there were only 3 booked on deck 17 out of 15) they dropped the prices continuously until end of May when showed sold out. JMO.