Travel Advisory

SP4

Has Royal Caribbean ever paused travel to Labadee when there is civil unrest and a Level 3 travel advisory to Haiti? I have been to Labadee several times so I understand it is remote from where the current civil unrest is taking place.

What other ports might be possible? We're on Anthem next week and I was wondering if Coco Cay might be a possibility. I thought it might be easier to arrange to dock there there.

I wouldn’t worry about it to much. So far the disturbance is limited to a small area and the government has already reversed its decision on increasing the price of fuel. The chances of it affecting Labadee are very slim.

It’s not that easy to just add a port but Nassau or CocoCay could be possibilities however the port stay may be shortened as they would have to travel further to get there.

Yes, it's rare but couple times going back over 20yrs that Royal has skipped Labadee when needed to. No worries, it's pretty safe there... When skipping Labadee for civil or storm reasons my ship's went to Nassau twice, Key West once and Coco Cay once... Depends, too many factors where you go, may just be extra Sea Day, this only IF skipping port happens...

My dh just mentioned this to me. We are on Allure on August 5th and have a stop in Labadee.

Hey you just outed yourself! Why aren’t you signed up for the August 5th roll call!!! Less than 30 days until we walk the plank!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My dh just mentioned this to me. We are on Allure on August 5th and have a stop in Labadee.

We're on a family cruise on Harmony August 25th and my MIL is freaking out. Of course, she's freaking out about everything; Beryl, civil unrest in Haiti, Southwest after the decompression fatality, Puerto Rico recovering from Maria, people going overboard, sharks, you name it.

We're on a family cruise on Harmony August 25th and my MIL is freaking out. Of course, she's freaking out about everything; Beryl, civil unrest in Haiti, Southwest after the decompression fatality, Puerto Rico recovering from Maria, people going overboard, sharks, you name it.

:'):'):') Sorry....but I am laughing my a$$ off.

Holy Cow!! Who is she rooming with?

Holy Cow!! Who is she rooming with?

We got her, my FIL, and the two youngest children in connecting rooms. Aunt and grandma are next to them, then cousins, then older brothers, then my husband and me. We were smart enough to put our room as far away as possible while keeping the entire family together when we made the reservations :cool: I've learned the best way to handle my MIL :halo:

I'm also sure that once we're on board it will all be good. She's been working on her attitude a lot in the past years, and her mom and sister are both willing to step in and tell her to chill when she needs it. It's just the planning process that's getting overwhelming for her.

Has Royal Caribbean ever paused travel to Labadee when there is civil unrest and a Level 3 travel advisory to Haiti? I have been to Labadee several times so I understand it is remote from where the current civil unrest is taking place.

Canada has issued a travel advisory for travel to Haiti. Labadee is separate but I didn't like the atmosphere the once I was there.

I was also wondering if our cruise would skip Labadee in 2 weeks. We are on a 9 night Anthem with only 3 other ports. I hope they would add a replacement if they cancel Labadee. Key west would be great!

I don't think the cruise line has an accurate weather forecast for two weeks from now.

I don't think the cruise line has an accurate weather forecast for two weeks from now.

They don't. My husband works as a meteorologist and he gets very angry if anybody tries to quote even a 10 day forecast. The probabilities drop off exponentially each day. They have "spaghetti models" which can give varying probabilities, but the range of possible forecasts vary greatly.

And of course the civil unrest situation is impossible to predict. It could go away now that the fuel surcharge has been abolished, or it could continue on the current path, or evolve into a full blown coup. No telling at all what will happen.

People love to plan, but when it comes to civil unrest and weather, it's just a matter of keeping an eye on the situation. Royal Caribbean won't have enough info to make a decision until likely immediately before the cruise, or even on the cruise.

They don't. My husband works as a meteorologist and he gets very angry if anybody tries to quote even a 10 day forecast. The probabilities drop off exponentially each day. They have "spaghetti models" which can give varying probabilities, but the range of possible forecasts vary.

+1

I don't know about a Level 3 advisory, but Royal cancelled stops in Labadee for several years due to civil unrest.

I will overnight you a shark costume if you promise to sneak into her room with it, and record it!

:D:')

-germ