Bid Upgrade

Also... while they may be sold out, there may be cancellations even at the last minute and/or if someone in one of those cabins is themselves upgraded then everyone gets to shuffle up one slot. So... give it a shot if you're interested, worst that can happen is nothing. :cool:

If you someone in a mini suite gets upgraded to a suite the mini suite becomes available. If some one in a balcony gets that mini-suite the balcony becomes available. If someone in an outside upgrades to that balcony, their outside becomes available.

If you someone in a mini suite gets upgraded to a suite the mini suite becomes available. If some one in a balcony gets that mini-suite the balcony becomes available. If someone in an outside upgrades to that balcony, their outside becomes available.

And, even if no one gets upgraded, NCL gets data on how much more people are willing to pay for the next level.

And, even if no one gets upgraded, NCL gets data on how much more people are willing to pay for the next level.

This makes total sense. It is 2 days out and the offer to "bid for upgrade" is still there under my vacation summary. Interesting, as all new bookings were closed 4 days out online and everything they've offered me has showed "sold out" for over a month. I was just wondering for future bookings as I may go next year and will try that system.

Why offer to upgrade on a room that has showed sold out for at least a month. What is up with this bidding thing? I didn't bid but I'm curious.

Because everyone moves up. As they move up, their room becomes vacant for someone else to upgrade to.

TA consignment rooms get released.

And there are always cancellations. We have cancelled on the week of our cruise twice.

Edited by BirdTravels