Jet Ski Tour

My grandson wants to do the jet ski tour on Labadee, Haiti. He is 16 and the tour says you have to have a valid drivers license, he has a learner's permit. I talked to someone at Royal and they said that's good enough, anyone know for sure as I have gotten wrong info from them before. Thank you.

I saw a sign at the Labadee sign up area recently that said if you’re a driver under 21(?), You need to show a drivers license. A permit isn’t the same. Could definitely be an issue. I’d personally make him a passenger. Not worth the liability risk.

My grandson wants to do the jet ski tour on Labadee, Haiti. He is 16 and the tour says you have to have a valid drivers license, he has a learner's permit. I talked to someone at Royal and they said that's good enough, anyone know for sure as I have gotten wrong info from them before. Thank you.

He will not be allowed to drive the jet ski with just a leaners permit. They card anyone who is either under 18 or 21, forget which. Though it was many years ago, my son had just gotten his license the morning we flew to Florida for a cruise. In our state, the stamp the learners permit after they pass the road test and that is your license until the laminated one comes in the mail. He presented this to the jet ski staff so that he could drive and they almost didn't let him drive. I had to speak to a manager and explain the process and that it was a real license. They ended up letting him drive. I really doubt they will let your grandson drive.

it is not worth the price anyway. They make you follow the leader one at a time and constantly stop and wait for everyone to catch up. More time waiting than riding.

Agree. We jet ski a lot in Florida and were quite disappointed in this excursion for the reasons you listed.

My son (19) has made a video using go pro clips of his wave runner trip. This is the second time that he did this and already said he wanted to do it again next May. Different people expect different experiences, he loved it. Me, not so much. They asked

us (his parents) if he is allowed to drive alone, at night, any restrictions at all, because he did not have his “final” drivers license yet. We said no restrictions, he was able to drive. My guess is if he has permit, they will say no.

My son (19) has made a video using go pro clips of his wave runner trip. This is the second time that he did this and already said he wanted to do it again next May. Different people expect different experiences, he loved it. Me, not so much. �� They asked

us (his parents) if he is allowed to drive alone, at night, any restrictions at all, because he did not have his “final” drivers license yet. We said no restrictions, he was able to drive. My guess is if he has permit, they will say no.

Thank you everyone for the help.