anyone notice FTTF not selling out on ship?

So what we decided to do is this:

Im not spending that much this time around on FTTF because:

1. Since we have a scheduled check in timeof 11:30 im not too worried about the lines because they do have the staggered times now.

2. We usually drop off our luggage straight away in the room with FTTF, but we decided we will just check our bags. We always go to the lido for lunch and all anyway and usually stay around for the sail away party. So im guessing it will be about time for room to be available by that time anyway.

We will just wear swimsuites with sundress coverups and 'bam' you got your dry clothes after taking off wet suite. We will carry a close to empty back pack with a trash bag to transport our wet suites back to room in... or just dry out on deck.

3. Our luggage the last 2 times WITH FTTF did not arrive until way after the time we expected; so i dont think we will be missing anything there.

4. Theres no tenders this cruise.

5. Never had problem with huge lines at guest services

6. Dont need to debark earliest anyway because the kiddos will want breakfast before you debark anywho.

So...yea.... im okay with keeping my 160.00 for two rooms in my pocket. :-)

HI all!

I've bought FTTF a few times & loved it but last time I boarded just before general boarding so was a little miffed.

For my April cruise it's been available for ages & not selling out. At $79.95, let's say $102 CAD, I'm not sure it's worth it just to go to the cabin early & avoid a possible long line at guest services.. We'll see.

~ Jo ~ :)

I must be unlucky or it is the ships I have sailed on because the Guest Service lines are always crazy long when I have gone. Even at midnight. Especially if you go on a day when the automatic gratuities are posted. All the cheapies are waiting in line to have them taken off. I waited an hour once when my son's card stopped working. Later that day I saw a unfamiliar charge and said , screw it, it is not worth standing on that line again. I will just eat it. I buy FTTF just for GS and the early bag drop off, Everything else is just a plus.

i can see the advantage more so if you are going on one of the larger ships, or ports with tenders tbh. I also can imagine that the lines at guest services are a lot longer on those too. So, Hey Carnival, how about you lower the price on the non tender, 5 day cruises of smaller ships... like the one im going on in oct. and keep it raised for the larger ship 7 day cruises with tender ports???? :D

I noticed for our August 12, 2019 cruise faster to the fun became available almost 2 months ago, and it’s still available

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah I feel like that’s early. My cruise for next August has 1 person in the C.C. rollcall. And 3 people in the FB rollcall.

I was just checking my booking for the Pride August 5th sailing, and it is now available again after showing as sold out for quite a while. I think it may be popular on the Pride because of the notoriously later-than-usual first arrival appointments at the port.

Even at the new price, I would probably consider it worth it if we only had one cabin, but with two it's so hard to justify. We were able to use it the first time we sailed and really liked it, but haven't since. I just looked the other day and it was still available for our August 11th sailing, and I admit I considered it for a hot minute because having access to the cabin and early luggage is nice, but I can do a lot for that money.

Even at the new price, I would probably consider it worth it if we only had one cabin, but with two it's so hard to justify. We were able to use it the first time we sailed and really liked it, but haven't since. I just looked the other day and it was still available for our August 11th sailing, and I admit I considered it for a hot minute because having access to the cabin and early luggage is nice, but I can do a lot for that money.

We have 2 cabins also but I only bought Fttf for my cabin. We have an 11:30 check in so we should board pretty early. We can drop off everything in my room and my kids folio will be linked to my charge card so if there are any issues, I can handle it. I am also going to use the luggage tags for my cabin on all the luggage. I don't think it is worth paying it for the 2 rooms.

We have 2 cabins also but I only bought Fttf for my cabin. We have an 11:30 check in so we should board pretty early. We can drop off everything in my room and my kids folio will be linked to my charge card so if there are any issues, I can handle it. I am also going to use the luggage tags for my cabin on all the luggage. I don't think it is worth paying it for the 2 rooms.

I did buy it for my Port Canaveral Breeze cruise, but may cancel it later. We need to check out of our hotel by 11:00. I was thinking FTTF would allow me to get right on the ship with minimal waiting if I get a 11:00 or 12:00 check in time since this is the busiest time at the port. Is this true? Or would I still end up waiting regardless?

I've seen it be available for longer and not sell out on the last two cruises I sailed on this year. If you cruise out of of Miami and end up at the smaller terminal B, then FTTF is a good choice because it will keep you from standing in a long line in the 90+ degree weather. There's a lot of construction going on at Port of Miami and the lines seem longer than usual.

We haven't purchased FTTF since our 1st/2nd cruises. Back then it was $40/50 bucks and we felt it was worth it. With the ridiculous price increase, and staggered check-in, it isn't worth it to us any more. We'll turn Platinum in April, so it doesn't matter anyway. It's sold out for our upcoming cruise (different ship than what my ticker says, just too lazy to change it. LOL), but we had no plans to purchase it anyway.